SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#254823 - 02/02/09 04:05 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
This is disappointing, especially when you consider that, if these things stream from the HD as we have been told (rather than have to be loaded in RAM),

The live audio drums are streamed during style play (you see the disk led flashing), the files for a single loop are around 20MB in size or more.

But I think the guitar riffs are all in memory, the data for all of them take about 128MB or a little more in total.

#254824 - 02/02/09 05:20 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
whether i play 1, 2, 3, 4, times a week, i make it a point to look and sound as pro as possible,

most of my gigs are on weekends, part time gigging musician

also, i bet those pros using the speakered keyboards have the internal speakers turned off...

1st I rest my case on the part time gigs

2nd my KB speakers are on always as is many top pros like Uncle Dave, etc, etc ..
PLEASE DONT ASSUME.

#254825 - 02/02/09 05:22 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Back to the on-board speakers - I NEVER play a gig, regardless of size, without using some type of PA, but I LOVE the fact that my board has built in speakers because I do not have to hook up speakers to practice or just 'play' at home ...

t.

#254826 - 02/02/09 05:25 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Back to the on-board speakers - I NEVER play a gig, regardless of size, without using some type of PA, but I LOVE the fact that my board has built in speakers because I do not have to hook up speakers to practice or just 'play' at home ...

t.

Yep....me too...they are sooooo handy!

Headphones are a hassle.

Ian

#254827 - 02/02/09 06:18 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
That's the point, lee.

If you are performing at a club level or higher, you can't use the speakers (and probably shut them off for fear of blowing them).

A band that I was in several years ago where I used my PSR 2000 the onboard speakers helped me monitor my own sound. My Mains were hooked up to the house system, which included floor monitors for the whole band, but the extra monitoring of the onboard speakers of the PSR 2000 helped. I was back in a semi secluded area of the stage where the onboard speakers complimented the floor monitors and made it easier for me to stay in the groove. As we all know the PSR 2000 was very light even with the inbuilt speakers. 30 Watts for speakers would have been welcomed though since the PSR 2000's speakers were only 12 Watts x2. Seems that Yamaha still has never broken that 12 Watt barrier for their arranger line unfortunately. OTOH, Korg, Roland, Ketron, and of course the now defunct Technics keyboard division have done so with some of their arrangers e.g. E80, PAX1, etc.

All the best, Mike

#254828 - 02/02/09 06:48 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have yet to have any "pros" criticize my equipment. I HAVE had weekend warriors and people who consider themselves pros criticize it. They are usually in my audience wishing they could get my job.
I've had lots of stars and big-name pros hear me. Without fail, they have been complimentary and often inquisitive. They don't look down on arrangers, because they have no clue what they are in the first place.
It's for certain they don't give a rat's a** whether they have speakers. They have important things to worry about.
Personally I sort of like having speakers, but it's not important enough to affect a buying decision. I usually turn them off during a job, but I have played small jobs with just the keyboard speakers. VERY small jobs!
I had one last year that I played every Sunday for several months. I first took the Bose. They said it sounded great but there was no place for diners who didn't want to hear music to get away from it. Then I tried Logitech Z2200. They said it was too loud, even though I could barely hear it.
One Sunday I just took in the S900 and played through the onboard speakers. They loved it. Volume was perfect. Go figure.
Sure enough, I left it playing and walked around the room. You could hear very well, about the volume of an acoustic piano.
BTW, setup time was about 120 seconds.
You use whatever gets the job done.
In any case these non-pro instruments have kept me from having to get a real job for a LONG time.
HankB and I had a good friend who was a full-time entertainer also. He would play a set, then do yo-yo tricks for 30 minutes.
It wasn't a pro yo-yo, but the guy using it was. I think that may be the difference.
DonM

#254829 - 02/02/09 11:20 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
I play live using only the onboard speakers at church every week. here are two songs i played live using just the onboard speakers both in performance and just jamming with live musicians including a bass player that had amplification.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aVU4lzgf5f4&feature=channel_page
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnGyIf0ozQ&feature=channel

Not all keyboards with onboard speakers can produce good sound coming from them. Fortunately the korg can.

#254830 - 02/03/09 02:00 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You can't have it both ways, Ian. Either 'home' arrangers have speakers, in which case my G70 must be 'pro', or ALL arrangers are 'home' keyboards, in which case they don't HAVE to have speakers...

Which is it?

In fact, if you think about it, if merely using a keyboard at home makes it a 'home' keyboard, then ALL keyboards are 'home' keyboards. Because I don't know of a single one that isn't in the hands of at least a FEW 'home' players... Including Oasys's, Kurzweil's, Nord's, M3's, MoXS's, FantomG's, you name it. None of which have speakers.

Only the 'chip on their shoulder' arranger player (always on the alert for the next slight) gives a toss about a keyboard's designation, or even tries to hand one out. A 'pro' keyboard is any keyboard in the hands of a pro. And a 'home' keyboard is any keyboard used at home.

Kind of makes the point moot, don't it?

#254831 - 02/03/09 02:33 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
In fact, if you think about it, if merely using a keyboard at home makes it a 'home' keyboard, then ALL keyboards are 'home' keyboards.

Conversely, merely using a "home" keyboard on stage, or to make money, does not make it a "pro" instrument.

It just defines the player's position.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 02-03-2009).]

#254832 - 02/03/09 02:58 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

You use whatever gets the job done.
In any case these non-pro instruments have kept me from having to get a real job for a LONG time.

Ain't it grand! Well said, Don.

Ian

Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online