SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 16 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 >
Topic Options
#254793 - 02/01/09 12:12 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
ye, it's only been 3 years,
what's another year? :-)

hey Roland can do ....why can't Ketron.....the Sd1+ is still an excellent arranger that many don't even understand how to utilize all its features. There's no rush...& then if the Audya ain't right or rushed to market it will be criticized miserably......& at the approx $5k price point how many curiosity seeking hopefuls are really seriously going to buy one? And my next question even if Aydya turns out to be the greatest arranger of all time what is that going to do as far as a player own skills to produce quality music....the Audya isnt going to make you sound better ...that all up to YOU isnt it?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-01-2009).]

#254794 - 02/01/09 02:04 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

Again, I think Ketron should concentrate on potential buyers and not seek to play the game that pundits want them to play.

But I must emphasize, Ketron MUST step up their marketing an take control of the dialog regarding the Audya and not allow pundits to control the Audya’s selling points.

I am considered a potential buyer of the Audya (even more so if they would answer my questions ). If Diki can afford a G70 (not to mention all his other gear) certainly he can afford to purchase an Audya, in my opinion, (even though he may choose ultimately NOT to). One reason I can think of why Diki may NOT choose to indeed purchase the Audya is because Ketron is willingly leaving him (as well as me and the world for that matter) - in the dark regarding certain omissions of information that pertain to the Audya. Apparently Ketron is looking for people that don't ask the "hard" OR obvious questions about their products eh? >> Don't ask questions, just walk in lockstep over the precipice we are leading you over okay? We want your money NOT you to truly understand the product we are trying to peddle to you. >> Go away son you're bothering me. So says Ketron by their actions - or lack thereof, in my opinion.

Definition of a Pundit: 1. A source of opinion; a critic. 2. A learned person.

Objective opinions or legitimate criticism should be encouraged instead of squelched in my opinion. When a company is in error (by popular concensus by the way) then that company should be called on the carpet for it in my humble opinion. When information is brought to "light" it dispels the darkness that once was in its place. Would you rather be kept in the dark? That's fine, but don't blame the ones that are asking for transparency and for "light" in the hopes of dispelling that darkness. Especially when the product in question costs upwards of five grand.

If you're going to choose sides wouldn't you like to be on the side of = openness, integrity, transparency, and being forthright with the public vs. the opposite of that corporate ideal? I'm just saying...

All the best, Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-01-2009).]

#254795 - 02/01/09 03:18 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Tom Cavanaugh Tell me where in my post i said that most of the players on synthzone only play country music or waltzes ??? You lose all credibility if you cant even qoute some one you wish to insult correctly! All i have said is that selling point for the ?Audya is the fact that it can play real Audio loops . I guess thats why it is called the "Audya" . The questions being asked by Dikki, Ian and and others is simple. Does the Audio element of the style recognise and play more complex Chords. I dont really care what it's midi capabilities are in a style because it wont be any different to what i have right now. Thats not an offensive question but the lack of a direct response is not good business from Ketrons side. Your response does'nt help matters at all.

#254796 - 02/01/09 06:27 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Spalding,

Here is your quote complete with bad grammer and capitalization "some of us here don't just play country music or waltzes."

Who here does just play country music or waltzes? Please enlighten us with names. Obviously SOME of you must be a select few. What does it take to become one of the "SOME"?

Tom

Tom

#254797 - 02/01/09 09:06 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
You guys seem to get so wrapped up in one thread......

Mr Dave who has used the Audya at home has explained how the audio guitar tracks work.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/019051.html

Dennis

#254798 - 02/01/09 09:13 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
I am considered a potential buyer of the Audya (even more so if they would answer my questions ). If Diki can afford a G70 (not to mention all his other gear) certainly he can afford to purchase an Audya, in my opinion, (even though he may choose ultimately NOT to). One reason I can think of why Diki may NOT choose to indeed purchase the Audya is because Ketron is willingly leaving him (as well as me and the world for that matter) - in the dark regarding certain omissions of information that pertain to the Audya. Apparently Ketron is looking for people that don't ask the "hard" OR obvious questions about their products eh? >> Don't ask questions, just walk in lockstep over the precipice we are leading you over okay? We want your money NOT you to truly understand the product we are trying to peddle to you. >> Go away son you're bothering me. So says Ketron by their actions - or lack thereof, in my opinion.

Definition of a Pundit: 1. A source of opinion; a critic. 2. A learned person.

Objective opinions or legitimate criticism should be encouraged instead of squelched in my opinion. When a company is in error (by popular concensus by the way) then that company should be called on the carpet for it in my humble opinion. When information is brought to "light" it dispels the darkness that once was in its place. Would you rather be kept in the dark? That's fine, but don't blame the ones that are asking for transparency and for "light" in the hopes of dispelling that darkness. Especially when the product in question costs upwards of five grand.

If you're going to choose sides wouldn't you like to be on the side of = openness, integrity, transparency, and being forthright with the public vs. the opposite of that corporate ideal? I'm just saying...

All the best, Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-01-2009).]

If some of us understand the answer to the question and others do not, then should Ketron keep answering the question over and over and over and over and over again to those who do not seem to or want to understand? As I stated in my other post, Ketron must start to take control of the talk about the audya and not let persons who do not understand the concept of Audya and probably would not get one to control the talking points for Audya.

If some persons are saying that the only difference between Audya and the keyboards they own is the audio tracks a style could play, then that says the full consept of the Audya is not understood. I did not take the Audya's ability to include audio tracks in a style to drastically change a style. I took it to mean that it would enhance the style but the midi part would still be playing a major part. So the midi part would be playing the extensions. I am more interested in the style as a whole and not just on one track. If the style sounds good even when I play the extensions, then as long as my customers are happy, then I am happy.

#254799 - 02/01/09 11:11 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The audio tracks function the way many of us were suspecting they would perform...with
MIDI for the extensions.

I believe most of us were hoping that the audio tracks had been more complex than what has been stated on another thread...and, if the MIDI notes aren't perfectly matched to the audio portions, it will sound less than realistic.

I suppose the only way to tell is to hear demos of complex chords.

Any chance of having these done?

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 02-01-2009).]

#254800 - 02/02/09 12:13 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
In fact, Ian, it's not just MIDI for the extensions. It's MIDI ONLY for several important chord types (dim's aug's sus4's etc.) so the track could be constantly switching in and out depending on whether you use those chords or not.

This is disappointing, especially when you consider that, if these things stream from the HD as we have been told (rather than have to be loaded in RAM), what difference does it make it there are three chords (maj, min and 7th) recorded, or a dozen different kinds? Other than of course, the complexity in MAKING the loops. But the implementation of them shouldn't be any harder, you would think...

#254801 - 02/02/09 12:13 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
'Here is your quote complete with bad grammer and capitalization "some of us here don't just play country music or waltzes."

Who here does just play country music or waltzes? Please enlighten us with names. Obviously SOME of you must be a select few. What does it take to become one of the "SOME"?

Tom'

Tom. This is just plain silly. I asked you , where in the qoute did it say that MOST people on the forum play country and waltz music ?

This is what you said

' Spalding if you think most of us only play country and waltzes you are an arrogant ass.'

you have qouted me and not pointed to where i said this. I understand why you might struggle...because i never said that!

Where did I say that there are a SELECT few that play more more complex chords ? You are going to struggle again..because i never said that !

You are going all over the place with your thought process except the most obvious.

Please read this and hpefully it will be the end of the matter.

'SOME' people play more complex chords. Thats not a difficult concept to understand. The evidence of this is the likes of Dikki, myself, maybe Ian and most probably a whole bunch of other users that can and do play more complex chords. If you believe its only a few, then that still 'SOME' Right ? If you believe that its most then thats still 'Some ' right ? The point i was making is still valid right ?

And if its the reference to country music and waltzes that some how offends you (although i have no idea why that might ) , i made the reference because country music and waltzes are not well known for using complex chords. They dont work very well with the style. So if musicians play in these genre predominatly (or exclusively)then whether the Audya uses real loops or midi note substitution it wont matter a lick.

I hope you dont get offended by this explanation too....

#254802 - 02/02/09 05:13 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
In fact, Ian, it's not just MIDI for the extensions. It's MIDI ONLY for several important chord types (dim's aug's sus4's etc.) so the track could be constantly switching in and out depending on whether you use those chords or not.

It sure is disappointing, and as I said earlier, the MIDI guitar parts had better come pretty close to the quality of the audio parts.

Plus, we're not talking about an arranger with "Mega-voice" technology, or even close to it, so there will probably be some discrepancy.

I guess the real proof will be to hear demos that will showcase chords that are more complex than the very basic ones.

Seems to be similar to producing a car that goes like stink in a straight line, but can't handle the curves too well.

A Ferrari engine in a Fiat Strada.

Page 10 of 16 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online