SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16 >
Topic Options
#254783 - 01/31/09 01:32 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
yes the guy has a great voice and i think once he becomes really comfortable with the Audya he will make it sound great. At the moment its his voice that is selling the demo . And yes they should have used a different setting on the harmoniser or just switched it off altogether. I love the fact that younger people are demoing this instrument. That in itself make me feel more warm to the instrument. The drums sound great but so far thats the only standout that i can say appeals to me about the Audya. Not enough to prise me away from my current instrument though. But i genuinely wish Ketron the best.

Yes he does, a very nice voice, great pitch.
Also in Portugal you have a younger group of people who use arrangers.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 01-31-2009).]

#254784 - 01/31/09 02:38 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Tom, you simply don't get it, do you...?

Were this the FIRST time I have asked this question, none of the subtext would have been included. But I'm NOT. I've asked it many times, initially as respectfully as even you might want (mind you, where's the respect from you to me that I'm supposed to show to AJ? ), only to be fobbed off with non-answers and half answers.

Given that AJ doesn't want to discuss the feature, I merely thought it might be easier to dispel the mystery with an audio demonstration of it's capability. And it seems like I'm NOT the only one interested. But that's entirely Ketron's choice. But blithely assuming that the potential buyers of the most expensive product they have ever made don't even CARE how well the main feature they are paying for works strikes me as very dubious approach...

But no doubt, when YOU buy yours (I guess I have as much right to ASSume what you are going to do, don't I?), perhaps you can oblige with an audio demonstration, seeing as I apparently have to sit up and beg like a dog for a basic feature to be showcased by the manufacturer themselves...

Imagine if Yamaha had simply announced SA2, but would NOT put up a demo of it anywhere... no matter how many times asked. Wouldn't YOU get curious as to WHY ?

#254785 - 01/31/09 02:56 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
I must admit, whilst I am excited by the Audya, and to this date think I may wish to get it, the questions posed by Ian and Dikki have got me curious. Where is the complete manual??? I will not be spending anything before I get the full docs etc. I want this all to be true, and AJ I wish you would answer the questions
thanks

#254786 - 01/31/09 04:00 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
The only reason I can think of why AJ is very "picky" in what he chooses to answer and what he chooses NOT to answer is because these things we're asking him and he's not answering are certain limitations on the Audya and AJ doesn't want to "expose" these limitations to the public because it brings a "negative" connotation to the Audya's marketing scheme. So he doesn't answer anything about the Audya that might put it in a bad light, etc. Such things as does it have USB 2.0 or 1.1? Apparently it has USB 1.1 because he has not cleared this issue up, even though it's been asked to him many times over the last two years.

Although, it is NOT uncommon for other manufacturers like the Big Three to withhold certain information about their keyboards too, when that information might cause a conflict of interest for the company(s) involved. Usually the omissions from the Big Three are few and far between (unlike Ketron ) and they may relent and answer them later on when pressed by the public to do so (unlike Ketron ). Remember the WAV ROM fiasco regarding the Tyros2? At first Yamaha didn't reveal the .wav rom amount, either on their website, or through their employees. Hi Steve! Later Yamaha did reveal the .wav rom amount although sidestepping the true reasoning for withholding the information in the first place.

I do have to say though, that if a company is not willing to be completely transparent in their interaction and dealings with the public regarding the products they try to sell to the public (especially when pressed to reveal that information), shows to me that that Company has a disregard and a lack of trust for the very people they are trying to ply their trade to i.e. you and me. Why should we trust them if they are not willing to trust us and oblige us by answering our questions? So yes, there is an amount of "dis" trust with Ketron on my part because they are NOT being totally open and/or completely transparent with me. Or for that matter, neither with consumers world over either. By their continual denial to answer pertinent and well intentioned questions about one of their products gives me much consternation and also much hesitation about a possible purchase of that particular product. Go figure...

All the best, Mike

#254787 - 01/31/09 06:50 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
to the genesys Offline

I think Nigel may want to do something about this thread.
Here is it you have persons accusing a representative of a company of not answering a question an implying that that representative is lying when in fact the representative did answer the question but stated he could not reveal every detail.

If I were Ketron I would not put up the demos just because persons on this forum (who appear not to want to purchase but to cause confusion and no matter would keep doubting the capabilities of the Audya) say so. I would put up the demo as the marketing plan dictates.

When Yamaha or Roland came out with a new arranger, I did not hear any one saying can that new arranger play a C 6 + 9 chord? Look, if Ketron manages to get the Audya to sound good, what does it matter how they do it or what actually happens with the audio track.

I am sure Ketron has a marketing and production plan and it is probably not based on the closed arranger plan that we are accustom to. It appears that Ketron is moving to a open source production plan so on like the T3, the release of the Audya is not the beginning and the end of that keyboard.

#254788 - 02/01/09 09:25 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If Ketron's plan is deliberately to obscure the details of this feature, they should be ashamed, and we should be concerned. If it is NOT deliberate, there should be no problem in posting the requested information or demos...

There's a complete difference between an audio loop of a guitar pattern and a MIDI part playing it (is your mention of this ignorance or just bloody mindedness?). My reservations (and others) about this feature are public knowledge. I think we deserve an explanation and a demo of it's capabilities before we show ANY interest in purchasing this arranger. Only a fool would consider this without investigating this brand new capability. No shortage of those, here, though!

And if Roland were to introduce this feature, and be as grudging to provide information about it in any form (and I knew there was little chance of me being able to try one out), trust me, I would be not one whit less persistent in trying to find out.

But I get your point... How DARE we ask questions of the manufacturers? What right as potential customers do we have to want to know how well they work before we pay for the product? We should just ASSume that everything works perfectly, after all, everything that anyone has ever made has always worked perfectly in the past, hasn't it..?

I should be ashamed... Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa

#254789 - 02/01/09 10:24 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
to the genesys Offline

Again, you are proving not to understand the concept in these newer arrangers.

As far as I know, Ketron has not marketed the Audya to be able to play a style with all audio tracks.

They have said that an ordinary midi style would be able to include some audio tracks.
If the style sounds good, what does it matter if the audio part of the style can or can not play the chord extensions? Do you think some one on the gig is going to come up to you and say “Wow that is the Audya can you please solo the audio track of the style and let me hear it play chord extensions?) If they are hearing the extension, do you think they care that it is the midi part of the style that is playing the extensions?

Again, I think Ketron should concentrate on potential buyers and not seek to play the game that pundits want them to play.

But I must emphasize, Ketron MUST step up their marketing an take control of the dialog regarding the Audya and not allow pundits to control the Audya’s selling points.

#254790 - 02/01/09 11:54 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
leezone Offline

it would be great if someone in Portugal could solo the audio guitar tracks, and play/record these complex chords... and then put up some videos...

it's about time we get some answers...

and for those not interested in the AUDYA's complex chords...then learn how to play them ;-)

#254791 - 02/01/09 11:58 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Dnj Offline

Im sure all of the answers will be available as soon as the Audya is released officially.....& owners start dissecting it and working out all its features & see if any bugs surface...I still dont understand the rush to market....let Ketron get it right even if it takes another year so what?

#254792 - 02/01/09 12:02 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
leezone Offline

ye, it's only been 3 years,
what's another year? :-)

Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online