SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16 >
Topic Options
#254773 - 01/30/09 01:40 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Dnj Offline

leezone wow sounds like your over the top on the Audya hope it works out for you when it ever gets here.

#254774 - 01/30/09 01:58 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
yes the guy has a great voice and i think once he becomes really comfortable with the Audya he will make it sound great. At the moment its his voice that is selling the demo . And yes they should have used a different setting on the harmoniser or just switched it off altogether. I love the fact that younger people are demoing this instrument. That in itself make me feel more warm to the instrument. The drums sound great but so far thats the only standout that i can say appeals to me about the Audya. Not enough to prise me away from my current instrument though. But i genuinely wish Ketron the best.

#254775 - 01/30/09 02:06 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
leezone Offline

well i'm not over the top on AUDYA yet,
and i hope its price is not over the top either :-)

bit disappointed with all of AUDYA's guitar patches (acoustic, electric, distortion) and lack of some great cutting-edge modern sounds... piano sounds pretty good, sax, flute, accordions are great, brass OK but sound a little thin...all in all i like, but i gotta try it

#254776 - 01/30/09 04:48 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Diki,

If I were AJ you would be the last person for whom I would honor your request. You are not EVER going to buy an Audya. You know all there is to know about audio loops and it is NEVER in your mind going to work.

Your sarcastic tone about your chord usage in your request would be the final decision maker in my book.

You are probably the most knowledgable person alive when it comes to the G70. Forget about the Audya.

Tom

Tom

#254777 - 01/31/09 12:27 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Knowledge comes from investigation... I've already stated I know darn well there'll never be an Audya anywhere NEAR me, so the only way I'm going to find anything out about it will be to ASK...

Tom, please don't ASSume I'm going to do, or not do, ANYTHING. You have no idea whether I'm interested in this (which, God knows, I've said enough times that I AM). I simply don't like being fobbed off with platitudes about essential features from the developers themselves.

I really am ASTONISHED that the way that the audio loop section actually plays chords, the very thing (and almost ONLY thing) that sets this arranger apart from other arrangers, isn't the PRIMARY focus for inquiry... Let's face it, it is what is generating all the buzz. Drum loops have little in the way of technical problems - they don't need different loops for different chords, it's old (SD-1) technology... But the guitar and bass audio loops are a brand new to regular arrangers feature...

Surely how these work, and how well they work should be almost our ENTIRE focus, as this arranger is introduced?

Now, AJ has stated that they play any chord, any extension... OK, let's hear it.

I simply find it amazing that, if they DO play 'all chords, all extensions', why the guitar demos up at Ketron so relentlessly restrict themselves to such simplistic basics... I just think that, were it me making a demo of this feature, I would have wanted to show it off doing more than the simplest chords it could

It would take five minutes to make a demo like the ones on the Ketron site (I can't imagine the ones they have up taking longer than that), and would dispel ALL further comment about the issue... or they can just leave the question hanging.

I KNOW I'm not the only one that really wants to know what this section can, and can't do...

#254778 - 01/31/09 05:03 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
well i'm not over the top on AUDYA yet,
and i hope its price is not over the top either :-)

bit disappointed with all of AUDYA's guitar patches (acoustic, electric, distortion) and lack of some great cutting-edge modern sounds... piano sounds pretty good, sax, flute, accordions are great, brass OK but sound a little thin...all in all i like, but i gotta try it

Sounds like your coming to your senses a bit now.....I guess Diki is making you think? or maybe what you already have is a better choice. Maybe after the store demo you'll have a better grip on this unit.

#254779 - 01/31/09 05:48 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:

You are not EVER going to buy an Audya.

I am not going to buy a Ferrari either, but that doesn't stop me from being interested in the specifications and performance.

I'd like to hear how the Audya's audio tracks handle complex chords.

It can't be that much to ask?

Ian

#254780 - 01/31/09 05:58 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
These are very simple request. some of us here dont just play country music or waltzes. I play fusion and jazz and funk quite a lot . Imagine how peaved i wouild be if i didnt ask the questions Dikki (quite rightfully and respectfully) is asking and i find that the instruments real audio loops cut off when i play more complex chords and the same midi function that i had in my old keyboard kicks in ? It would kind of negate the ENTIRE purpose of buying the Audya . As far as i can see the only distinctive in the audya is the real drum and bass loops. There may be other sellings points but thats not what is being promoted by the Audya marketing and thats certainly what is getting my attention. The keyboards internal sounds are no better and (in some instances a step backwards ) from what i am playing already. So with respect these questions are actually quite important to some musicians who stray further than major and minor chord progressions.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 01-31-2009).]

#254781 - 01/31/09 06:33 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Diki, like I said before when all else fails you would resort to whining about the availability. You should at least apologize to AJ for the sarcastic tone of your post. AJ has been more than polite to you, even though you have essentially called him a liar. He has showed some class, now how about you? Enough said

Diki, Ian, and Spalding, Ketron is an international company. You guys are soo wrapped up in yourselves that you think the company should alter their marketing plan just for you guys who will never buy a Ketron. You guys are soooo important.

Spalding if you think most of us only play country and waltzes you are an arrogant ass.

Leezone do you really think you can judge the quality of sounds by listening to a youtube demonstration? You are right you gotta try it.

Tom

#254782 - 01/31/09 06:52 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:

Diki, Ian, and Spalding, Ketron is an international company. You guys are soo wrapped up in yourselves that you think the company should alter their marketing plan just for you guys who will never buy a Ketron. You guys are soooo important.

Well, bud, I think I'm important, certainly and most assuredly the equal of you...and, speaking of being wrapped up...you seem to be wrapped up in defending a company that has, so far, been unable to put up demos that show the audio tracks can play complex chords.

It's like saying smoking cures weight problems...eventually.

Are customers who can't try this instrument going to learn the hard way that it doesn't meet their needs?

Now, before you launch into vitriolic commentary and lose control of key bodily functions, consider this: why is it sooooo hard for the chord demos we requested to be posted?

Surely they aren't hiding anything?

Ian

Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online