SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#252615 - 01/05/09 01:21 PM Re: Beatles Songs
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I do Here, there and Everywhere, Nowhere Man
Got to get you into my Life, Something, Yesterday and Let It Be as often as possible. Like everything else, I do these tunes with a jazz attitude (George Benson approach to Here, There and Everywhere, for instance).

Works out GREAT!

Russ

#252616 - 01/05/09 03:08 PM Re: Beatles Songs
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I do Yesterday, Something in the Way, I Feel Fine, Act Naturally, Til There Was You, I Saw Her Standing There, Get Back, probably a few others I'm not thinking of right now. They always go over well.
My favorite Beatle song of all time is Help, but I can't figure out how to do it justice by myself.
DonM

#252617 - 01/05/09 03:18 PM Re: Beatles Songs
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I've been entertaining for ~ 40 years and have never performed any Beatle songs on a regular basis... only an occasional instrumental on request. Realizing that now, comes as quite a surprise to me. Of course, there's a reason for everything. As entertainers, we tend to learn songs that our listeners want... and if we ourselves really like the song, so much the better.

I never REALLY liked Beatle songs. They all seemed to have a "Brown Eyed Girl" effect on me. You know, just too much.

Well, now that they've become classics, and there really are some darn good songs there, IMO (guess I've changed over the years), I'll be learning several Beatle songs this year. Yep, there are some good ones there.

#252618 - 01/06/09 05:29 AM Re: Beatles Songs
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I've been entertaining for ~ 40 years and have never performed any Beatle songs on a regular basis... only an occasional instrumental on request. Realizing that now, comes as quite a surprise to me. Of course, there's a reason for everything. As entertainers, we tend to learn songs that our listeners want... and if we ourselves really like the song, so much the better.

I never REALLY liked Beatle songs. They all seemed to have a "Brown Eyed Girl" effect on me. You know, just too much.

Well, now that they've become classics, and there really are some darn good songs there, IMO (guess I've changed over the years), I'll be learning several Beatle songs this year. Yep, there are some good ones there.

http://octaner.blogspot.com/2008/10/complete-scores.html

Glenn enjoy

#252619 - 01/06/09 11:23 AM Re: Beatles Songs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yeah, the Beatles Scores is a must have for ANYONE'S musical coffee table!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online