SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#25030 - 10/05/00 07:59 AM Panning jv-1010 using SoundDiver
Magnus Nordén Offline

Hi!
I am about to go nuts re how to pan voices on my JV1010 using the bundled SoundDiver. Some voices, like Tick Bass, can be panned, but I just can't figure out how to do it with other voices. I would be very grateful if somebody could explain, in detail I'm afraid, how on earth I go about panning The Big Spin. Whatever I do to this very nice organ sound, it just stays put ín the center of the mix.
I know that I have read somewhere that the various parts making up a voice can be panned differently and that this can be changed in SoundDiver, thus enabling panning of the voice. However, I am all lost as regards The Big Spin - and other voices as well...
Yours confusedly,
Magnus

#25031 - 10/06/00 04:38 PM Re: Panning jv-1010 using SoundDiver
Mr T Offline

Loc: England
Surely you can pan this patch from your sequencer or am I missing something here?

#25032 - 10/07/00 02:37 AM Re: Panning jv-1010 using SoundDiver
Magnus Nordén Offline

Dear Mr T,
No, I cannot pan this patch from my sequencer, nor from SoundDiver. Can you do this, really? As I wrote in my original posting, some patches I can pan - like the Tick Bass, others I can't.
Any suggestions?
I would be very grateful for help.
Magnus

#25033 - 10/10/00 09:00 AM Re: Panning jv-1010 using SoundDiver
Magnus Nordén Offline

I am still waiting to be enlightened. By now I have found that if I do not route the voice's signal through EFX it can indeed be panned. But is there no way to pan The Big Spin with EFX (rotary) and all?
Magnus

#25034 - 10/11/00 11:53 PM Re: Panning jv-1010 using SoundDiver
Magnus Nordén Offline

I am posting this in case anybody else is having the same problem as me...
Anyway, I just spoke to the Swedish E-magic/Roland support people, and they tell me that it is in fact impossible to pan voices like The Big Spin, unless you change the effects routing to bypass the Leslie effect - which is stereo in itself and consequently not pannable.
It's a bit strange that nobody on the forum could help me out on this.
All the best,
Magnus

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online