SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28609 - 10/10/00 11:44 AM Latin Expansion Board
nowayout Offline

Loc: New York USA
OK so where is the new Latin expansion board?
Anyone got it, played it? The Roland product video had about 2 minutes of boring mariachi samples. Some one said it has a lot of guitars. It may be on the Roland Denmark site but who reads Danish?

#28610 - 10/10/00 05:15 PM Re: Latin Expansion Board
epu Offline

Hey NWO. I too have been searching all over NYC and the net for this board. Sam Ash said that they won't stock this until November. This makes me alittle impatient as Roland supposedly released this board last year.

Also, Roland just released the SRJV19-House board. What's cool is that this shows that although there is a new XV line with SRX boards, Roland will continue to release the 8MB SRJV boards.

Reading Danish is not as hard as you may think. If you read english, you can read it. I'm American and can only read English and Spanish, but my years of reading classical scores helped a lot. I can read a bit of german (barely). Danish is a germnic lanuage.

You can easily get around the site. They have a SRJV map that lists the types of sounds on each board. It says that the Latin board has 52 acoustic guitars. This is great. It also has some brass and percussion. I definitely may consider getting this board.

Too bad I ran out of the four slots on my XP60. maybe I'll get a JV880 to add one more board.

The Infamous EPU.

#28611 - 10/10/00 09:35 PM Re: Latin Expansion Board
YMH Offline

Loc: Cannada
It's so weird!!!
I saw this Latin board in HongKong and Taiwan this July already. Unfortunately I'm not into Latin music, so I didn't try it though......
Besides, 5080 is also in stuck in those places in mid June while everyone here in this site was still waiting and guessing.......

By the way, the expansion board part in the product video this year is really boring.

#28612 - 10/11/00 04:38 AM Re: Latin Expansion Board
epu Offline

The problem with all of you (and Roland) is that you all look at the genre and not the instrumental content. Just because the board is called Latin means that it can only be used for latin music. Look at the instrumental content.

The Hip-Hop board has great drums, electric pianos and much more. The Latin board has 57 ACOUSTIC GUITARS!!! Practically the whol board is dedicated to this and percussion. That is amazing.

The product videos are always boring, but I can't wait to try this out in the store. Not even the mighty XV has 8MB dedicated to guitars. As a matter of fact, all of the XVs EPs, Pianos and Guitars are derived from the Roland SC880 which I alread have, so I'm not making a big deal about that XV.

But the amount of Guitars and even Brass which there is a lot of on this board and depending what's on the House board, I can't wait to get my hands on a nother JV module so I can expand with more boards.

The Infamous EPU.

#28613 - 10/11/00 09:42 PM Re: Latin Expansion Board
orange316 Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
I bought a JV1010 when I went to Japan this September. They gave me a free Latin board as special promotion. Everything together just cost me USD 385.00. Cool!

Stephen

#28614 - 10/12/00 12:40 AM Re: Latin Expansion Board
Love & Peace Offline

Yeah Orange!!
Finally someone who has one! Could you please give a review for the rest of us. I am interested in all the sounds but particularly the electric and acoustic guitars! (of which there are supposed to be over 50?!) the brass and percussion. Thanks!!

#28615 - 10/12/00 12:46 AM Re: Latin Expansion Board
orange316 Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
Dear Love and Peace,

I haven't use it much yet. I will test it carefully this couple of days and let you guys know my comment.

Stephen

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online