SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#249464 - 11/26/08 02:51 PM New Korg PA Demos!
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
since the release of OS 2.0 Korg have added some new demos on the PA website!
http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa2x_demo.html?en

The OS 2.0 is such a major upgrade from the old version. Almost every style has been remastered, the new DNC sounds are a great upgrade from the original RX sounds.

The new styles that have been supplied with the OS package are even better!! Cant get over how good the new standard 8 and 16 beats are!

I have been spending alot of late nights on my PA 800 over the past week and the things you can do with this board are freaking me out...

I had no idea you could use the assignable switch buttons above the joystick to mute on or off the style channels in realtime...

Since Korg can group all the 5 Accomp Channels in a style u can also assign one of the Assignable Switch buttons to mute and un mute Accomp Channels 4-8 in one hit leaving the Bass and 2 drum channels going or vise verser...

VERY VERY fast and easy as the buttons are right above the joystick on the left hand side. It is not so easy to mute and un mute channels on the fly...

I am sure most PA owners already know this but it blew me away when I first discovered it yay

Nick

#249465 - 11/26/08 03:09 PM Re: New Korg PA Demos!
Dnj Offline

Hi Nick...

Yes those 2 buttons are very convenient...I used to use them to stop everything but drums on songs like Jambalaya, Old Time R&R, etc.....cool stuff

enjoy

#249466 - 11/26/08 04:14 PM Re: New Korg PA Demos!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I would be willing to bet that the styles being 'remastered' has been the main contributing factor to the reports of fill smoothness improvements in OS2.

I always DID feel that most of it was just poor style creation...

#249467 - 11/26/08 04:50 PM Re: New Korg PA Demos!
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I would be willing to bet that the styles being 'remastered' has been the main contributing factor to the reports of fill smoothness improvements in OS2.

I always DID feel that most of it was just poor style creation...

whatever they have done, its definitely a big improvement. They really polished everything up and made the styles much nicer to listen to and smoother... but they still have the punchy live / unplugged feel which is what I love about the Korg...

#249468 - 11/26/08 05:42 PM Re: New Korg PA Demos!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Nick, right on with your comments especially about the polished styles. Not sure you know but also while playing with chord recognition in " Expert Mode" playing 3 consecutive notes any combination for instance f f# and g in the left hand mutes all style accompaniment except the drums.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-26-2008).]

#249469 - 11/26/08 11:29 PM Re: New Korg PA Demos!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Speaking of the "Expert" mode, it would be in theory my favorite recognition mode, except that it reacts to even a single finger pressure to change chords (like you were in one finger mode). This means that, when you play a three finger chord, you have to be careful to lift your fingers all at the same time, or the arranger will change the chord according to the fingers you "leave behind" (i.e. still pressing the keys), and this drives me nuts.
Anyone noticed this? Any workarounds?

#249470 - 11/27/08 10:11 AM Re: New Korg PA Demos!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Any workarounds?

OS 2.01 perhaps?

Best,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online