SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#247491 - 11/05/08 09:30 AM Harmony M Software Updated!
ocomain Offline

http://tcsupport.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tc...3673281&p_olh=0

The latest version of Harmony-M software is v1.1 build 17.

You can see what version your Harmony-M is by holding the Voice1 and Voice2 buttons while powering up the unit. The Preset display will show the build number as a single digit with a dot to signify 10+(number displayed). Newer versions from the factory will show 7 dot.

If you have any other version, you can upgrade to the latest version and gain the improvements listed below.

Improvements in Harmony-M v1.1 Build 17:

* Chord detection speed improved by 60%
* Bass Voice follows chords better
* Exiting Bypass now done with tapping instead of holding On button
* Harmony On/Off activates on footswitch press instead of release

Instructions:

You will need a computer, a MIDI sysex application and MIDI interface. There are free sysex applications available on the web by searching MIDI Ox (PC) or Sysex (Mac).

* Download the sysex file attachment below to your computer.
* Power up Harmony-M
* Connect a MIDI cable between the MIDI Out of your interface to the MIDI In on Harmony-M.
* Load the included sysex file into the sysex application.
* Send the sysex file. Harmony-M's Input LED (beside the Input control) will light during the dump.
* After a short time, the sysex dump will complete and Harmony-M will automatically reset and restart with the new software.
* Check the version as described above to confirm it is correct.

[This message has been edited by ocomain (edited 11-05-2008).]

[This message has been edited by ocomain (edited 11-05-2008).]

#247492 - 11/05/08 09:34 AM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks ocomain. Great information.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#247493 - 11/07/08 12:52 PM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
After trying this for about an hour, I gave up and figured everything was OK. Boy was I wrong. Holding down the voice 1 and voice 2 buttons did some weird things to the Harmony M, did not display the current operating system, and really produced a host of problems during today's job. I finally did a factory reset, then redid my original settings and saved them. Things are back to normal now, Whew!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#247494 - 11/07/08 01:24 PM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
The same thing happened to me. I go out to play in a couple of hours. Sure glad 'factory
reset' worked. I'm using midisport 1x1 (from m-audio) -downloaded the driver for Vista. I'm using Midi Ox & downloaded the harmony M software upgrade into it. Used the syntex send command
& you can see data going through the midiport unit. The input level light on the harmony m unit is on (normal for the download) -then I read -it's normal for it to reset itself-and if push the proper two buttons -you should be able to see some form
of the new build #. It just froze up after the download (input light stayed on)-harmony went for a crap and the software version stayed the same as original.
Perhaps I missed a step or two for this software upgrade. Any idea's out there?
Thanks!

#247495 - 11/07/08 01:36 PM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I don't have a midi interface on my pc anymore so I was wondering how I was gonna get the update. Now I guess I'm relieved I didn't jump into it.
Keep us posted!

#247496 - 11/08/08 10:35 AM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi Gord,

Have the same setup as you with same midi interface and midi ox - XP. thought I was pretty dumb after an hour fooling around with this - and also got the same results.

E-mailed support and email automatic response was 4 business days for an answer(good luck with that.

Maybe they left out a step or two.

If I hear anything worthwile, I'll post their answer

Walt

Walt Tenay keyboard Studios www.wtenaykeyboardstudios.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Gord:
The same thing happened to me. I go out to play in a couple of hours. Sure glad 'factory
reset' worked. I'm using midisport 1x1 (from m-audio) -downloaded the driver for Vista. I'm using Midi Ox & downloaded the harmony M software upgrade into it. Used the syntex send command
& you can see data going through the midiport unit. The input level light on the harmony m unit is on (normal for the download) -then I read -it's normal for it to reset itself-and if push the proper two buttons -you should be able to see some form
of the new build #. It just froze up after the download (input light stayed on)-harmony went for a crap and the software version stayed the same as original.
Perhaps I missed a step or two for this software upgrade. Any idea's out there?
Thanks!

#247497 - 11/08/08 11:11 AM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Maybe Digitech released the upgrade...

#247498 - 02/09/09 02:37 PM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I just tried the upgrade and got the exact same results.
I have emailed them.
DonM

#247499 - 02/11/09 08:01 AM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
dennis seem to have managed the thing here... http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/018998.html

any news don?

#247500 - 02/11/09 08:39 AM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I think the moral of the story here is only use stable versioned software from the manufacturers website and NOT beta software peeled somewhere from the dark corners of the web or from a friend of a friend of a friend of a notorious enemy.

Dennis is not the enemy of course. But beta software usually IS. That's why they call it "pre"release software, which is essentially "flawed" in nature and used "specifically" for testing purposes so as to eventually "eliminate" those 'buggy' flaws in the software. Those of you trying to get 1.8 to work with your Harmony-M are essentially software testing guinea pigs. If you don't mind the connotation of being considered a guinea pig then I applaud your fortitude in putting so much on the line in the name of science and technology, and for helping to assist TC-Helicon in helping them to eventually resolve those aforementioned "bugs" in their obviously flawed version 1.8 Harmony-M software.

And you can all thank Dennis for that honorary privilege..

Class, recite after me: "I will NEVER use beta software scoured off the dark corners of the internet (or from company employees who try to reassure you with the words "just give it a try".. ) - EVER again! Class dismissed...

All the best,
Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online