SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#247092 - 11/03/08 07:53 PM Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I believe I was correct...in fact I have a PA1x style that is very close to this demo..

#247093 - 11/03/08 08:24 PM Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Fran,
Please send it to me...I will check it out for him...

Is it a standard style...I think the one he is talkng about only came with the Latin Dance Card expansion?

Or...maybe the styles were standard and the expansion was just new latin sounds??

I had a PA1XPRO, but sold it before that feature came out.

Lee

#247094 - 11/03/08 09:09 PM Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi all,
as it's clearly stated in the webpage, the demo "Latin Mix 1" refers to the expansion board 02 and takes advantage of sampled grooves specific of the board itself. On the PA 800, however, there are sounds and styles as good as this one and you can sample or import sampled loops of your liking at will (the only limit is the amount of RAM installed).

#247095 - 11/04/08 11:24 AM Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Fran,
Please send it to me...I will check it out for him...

Is it a standard style...I think the one he is talkng about only came with the Latin Dance Card expansion?

Or...maybe the styles were standard and the expansion was just new latin sounds??

I had a PA1XPRO, but sold it before that feature came out.

Lee

Lee, the style I have is a conversion from PA1X to G70... It is the factory Korg style called "Mer3"..

I would be happy to email you the Roland style..but maybe another Korg owner can send you the original..

When I mentioned close...I referred to the same feel as the segment in The demo...

#247096 - 11/04/08 02:22 PM Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Fran,
I think I have all the standard factory files from my PA1XPRO on a CD somewhere...I will look for Merengo 3.

Also, I found a standard factory style on the PA2XPRO called Latin Rock 1 that is close, but not the same...to me it does not sound as good as the one in the demo.

The demo used that Latin Dance expansion card and hense had it's own samples onboard...I do think there are factory drum kits that sounds as good, so I'm sure it's not a big missing feature. I would however like to et the styles from that card, apply a std drumkit and see how it sounds???

Lee

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online