does the PA 800 have this style onboard?

Posted by: Nick G

does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 04:44 AM

http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa1xelite_demo.html?en

please listen to "Latin Mix 1" (4.5MB).
at 1:09 - what style is this called? is it included in the PA 800 style set onboard or is it ONLY available in the expansion card?

if i buy a PA800 will someone be able to send this style to me if it does not come with it?

thanks,
Nick
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 08:46 AM

Nick, that is a merengue. I am sure you can get the style if it was not on the PA800..The expansion board is showing the newer sounds, but it would be fine with the internal sounds..
Posted by: leeboy

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 01:26 PM

Nick G,
So far I have not found it on PA2XPRO(same styles as PA800)

Based on Fran's analysis of it being Merenge...there are 2 Merenge's on PA...neither matches.

I would go to the Korg PA forum and ask...I bet someone has it.
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/postings.cgi?action=reply&forum=General+Arranger+Keyboard+Forum&number=37&topic=018500.cgi&TopicSubject=does+the+PA+800+have+this+style+onboard|QUS |

Lee

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 01:36 PM

NickG,
I just asked the question about the Latin Card Styles on the Korg PA forum...let's look there for an answer as I would like them also!

Just look for that post of mine to see what everyone says!

Lee
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 02:08 PM

Hi Nick,
my mp3 playback doesn't have a timer , so not sure which style you're refferring to.

If you go ahead with the PA800, let me know, I've managed to download a few dance,trance type styles & latin dance. Don't know how good they are as they're not a style I'd normally use. To me , a couple of the trance styles sound really good.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa1xelite_demo.html?en

please listen to "Latin Mix 1" (4.5MB).
at 1:09 - what style is this called? is it included in the PA 800 style set onboard or is it ONLY available in the expansion card?

if i buy a PA800 will someone be able to send this style to me if it does not come with it?

thanks,
Nick

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 02:15 PM

thanks for the replies, what i also want to know is, those sounds and the drum kit in that demo - are they all on board when u buy the PA 800 or are they extra?

Ide be dissapointed if they are extra???
Posted by: mc

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 03:06 PM

It's not a merengue, Its more of a latin dance.

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 03:46 PM

I'm going to go back and listen again..to see if I can find it onboard...

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I heard someone say that the Latin expansion bord stuff i in the PA...but don't hold me to it.

The guy that knows...seems not to be on the forum the last couple days...when he returns, I bet he knows for sure.

I can tell you one thing, the drum kits on the PA are superb and I think what you want is there.

Lee

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 05:11 PM

NickG...OK, are you ready for this...Go to Korg TV...http://www.korg.de/?popup=9785&no_cache=1
Select keyboards on the right...4 different videos...my favortites are 2nd, third and forth ones down on the list.
It's in German, but the demo's are still good and fun.
Lee

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 05:56 PM

excellent thanks!!!!

PS: whats the best Korg Forum around for discussing PA keyboards??

cant wait to get my PA800 now - probably gonna get it this weekend!

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 07:53 PM

I believe I was correct...in fact I have a PA1x style that is very close to this demo..

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 08:24 PM

Fran,
Please send it to me...I will check it out for him...

Is it a standard style...I think the one he is talkng about only came with the Latin Dance Card expansion?

Or...maybe the styles were standard and the expansion was just new latin sounds??

I had a PA1XPRO, but sold it before that feature came out.

Lee
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/03/08 09:09 PM

Hi all,
as it's clearly stated in the webpage, the demo "Latin Mix 1" refers to the expansion board 02 and takes advantage of sampled grooves specific of the board itself. On the PA 800, however, there are sounds and styles as good as this one and you can sample or import sampled loops of your liking at will (the only limit is the amount of RAM installed).

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/04/08 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Fran,
Please send it to me...I will check it out for him...

Is it a standard style...I think the one he is talkng about only came with the Latin Dance Card expansion?

Or...maybe the styles were standard and the expansion was just new latin sounds??

I had a PA1XPRO, but sold it before that feature came out.

Lee

Lee, the style I have is a conversion from PA1X to G70... It is the factory Korg style called "Mer3"..

I would be happy to email you the Roland style..but maybe another Korg owner can send you the original..

When I mentioned close...I referred to the same feel as the segment in The demo...

Re: does the PA 800 have this style onboard? - 11/04/08 02:22 PM

Fran,
I think I have all the standard factory files from my PA1XPRO on a CD somewhere...I will look for Merengo 3.

Also, I found a standard factory style on the PA2XPRO called Latin Rock 1 that is close, but not the same...to me it does not sound as good as the one in the demo.

The demo used that Latin Dance expansion card and hense had it's own samples onboard...I do think there are factory drum kits that sounds as good, so I'm sure it's not a big missing feature. I would however like to et the styles from that card, apply a std drumkit and see how it sounds???

Lee