SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#245596 - 10/28/08 10:21 AM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Any and all of these keyboards require compromise. If we ever do find one that is really right, it may be really wrong for the next person.
I am very content playing with Midjay and controller, yet I have an E50 if I get an urge to do something different.
The MJ doesn't have that many gimmicks, such as SA voices. To tell the truth, I didn't like a lot of the SA voices because they kept getting in the way of my playing.
But the MJ instruments sound like they are supposed do, including the piano, and the drums and bass are unsurpassed. It will display text files, play MP3s for breaks, handles midi files great, has a WAV and Loop player, with dedicated sliders for mixing all of the above features. It also has the best operating systems of anything I've owned and weighs 9 pounds. You can get your choice of dedicated foot controllers, it has video out, mic out, aux in, WAV recorder and great vocal processing (but only a Vocoder for harmony).
In other words it has most of what suit ME. What suits someone else may be Tyros 3, E60, or Korg. My happiest day was when I was able to sell the PA800. But that was probably also the happiest day for the sucker, I mean person, who bought it.
I'm looking forward to trying the Audya sometime before or shortly after the first of the year.
However, regardless of how great it sounds it won't make me an extra nickel, except for writing it off on my tax return.
DNJ is in the same boat--changing the keyboard won't make him more money, but he wants what will please himself best, while expediting set-up time and bother.
Besides, it fits into my morning routine. I get a cup of coffee, read the comics, check my email and see what kb Donny has today.
Then, if I have time before breakfast, golf or fishing, I read a little gratuitous back-and-forth bashing.
DonM

#245597 - 10/28/08 12:36 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Dnj Offline

Don great POST & SO TRUE I just Peed my pants reading this

#245598 - 10/28/08 12:44 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
mc Offline

Loc: New York
DonM, very well said and so true. Everyone tastes are different and what might suit one, may not suit another. Even the guy that always posts demo of the Wersi.....

#245599 - 10/28/08 12:55 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
life's full of surprises every single day! and for sure we do not get bored here...

donny, i believe this is great decission you make!

#245600 - 10/28/08 01:02 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
DonM..my routine is almost like your routine..

After breakfast, I check Skype and Synth Zone...to see what keyboard Donny loves in the morning...
I also check after lunch and after dinner to find what the current keyboard statis..(Donny's)..

Don, I know I might have mentioned it before..but why not use the E-50 as the controller?

#245601 - 10/28/08 01:30 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
life's full of surprises every single day! and for sure we do not get bored here...

donny, i believe this is great decission you make!

Adi,.......music in general is so personal to EACH & EVERYONE of us we all think were RIGHT most of the time different likes & dislikes make us all Human....we live & learn everyday till were no longer around.......so enjoy Life its the only one each of us has!

#245602 - 10/28/08 09:19 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Fran, I've been meaning to try the E50 as a controller, but I'm so comfortable now with the Edirol PCR 800 that I haven't got around to it.
I will eventually though. Thanks,
DonM

#245603 - 10/29/08 08:48 AM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I'm willing to consider a trade - my E60 and a little $ for a G70 in excellent shape. Otherwise I'll keep smiling and loving my E-60.

#245604 - 10/29/08 07:48 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Dnj Offline

7 gigs under my belt with the E60 so far & 8 more in the next 4 days & little by little I'm making minor tweaks on stage to get the sound I want with success.....
so far, so good & it's all coming together. Big holiday season almost upon us....
gotta be ready! to be continued...

Good luck out there

#245605 - 10/30/08 10:02 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Dnj Offline

Today I took two Yamaha Styles that I love & are a MUST for my shows & tried them in the E60 after I converted them, with much disappointment they sounded terrible.....

But, not to worry with intense editing made easy with the Roland "Make Up Tools" I was able to dissect all the style parts & also edit "Every Piece of drum kit separately" to redesign & re-voice the style making it sound as good or better then it was on the Yamaha. This feature is the beauty of the E60/G70.
I'm a happy camper...

to be continued...

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online