SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#245556 - 10/21/08 09:15 AM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
What, about your new T3?

NO WAY JOSE!!!

I'm done with Yamaha .....yes I said it!!

Done with everything never changes, everything that sounds compressed, everything...Ahhhh, whats the use?
I've moved on...Tyros 1 is finally gone, & I am a happy camper once again with the E60 I have my Roland T shirt on & I am happy making music. I will say this.....I need a studio piece & look forward to Roland's new TOTL arranger or even maybe another G70 just to keep here we'll see.

Carry on

------------------
------------
Donny

#245557 - 10/21/08 09:21 AM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
But remember him gushing about the PA800? Or the PSR 3k? Or everything else he has at the time...

It won't last. It never has...

We all remember the gushing...rather amusing now that we can look back on it, but remember, Donny was very serious when he gushed.

If he lasts 6 months on it, I will be surprised.

But, it does make for great entertainment, and Donny is a great entertainer...just ask him.

Like you Diki, it takes quite a bit to make me move from something that already does the job admirably (my S900), although I do tend to go in 3 year cycles lately...still not as steadfast as you, but better than most, and certainly better than Donny.

Ian

#245558 - 10/21/08 09:43 AM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Dnj Offline

What you do "while you have the unit" is what really counts.......save the longevity speech for the bedroom

#245559 - 10/21/08 11:21 AM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Dnj Offline

Some other GREAT Roland features for teh "GIGGING" musician are

1- Master Accomp/Keyboard balance knob

2- EASY SETTINGS Arr/Piano/Organ/Guitar instantly change the whole keyboard into one of these sounds.

3- And my one of my favorites, SMF PRE-Chord recognition display which lets you see the next chord in the song while your playing....."Brilliant"

#245560 - 10/21/08 11:37 AM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I guess one of the things is that I am so used to these things, it boggles my mind to see them NOT be on other arrangers...

#245561 - 10/21/08 11:57 AM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
I guess one of the things is that I am so used to these things, it boggles my mind to see them NOT be on other arrangers...

Diki......I hated to give up the G70 because at that time I already knew about all these great Roland features from previous units that I have owned like the G1000 also....all created with teh GIGGING Musician in mind, UNlike many of the others on the market & others that so many players that dont know what is like to be in the trenches day after day/night after night with these units playing their hearts out only wanting to be happy & comfortable do it. These things coupled with the cover/makeup tools are superb in letting "THE PLAYER" Create his own sound in Any way he chooses with ease.
May God bless the Roland E60 Design team
When the Fedex shipping man took the Tyros box from me yesterday a warm happy soothing feeling of relief came over me, then I looked over at Fran in a distance & he winked at me he didn't even have to say "I told you So" But what he did do was instill upon me the need to take the E60 home for a week before I bought it, even though I have played it at his studio many times but only for a short while at a time or like being in a music store & just touching things on a KB and saying it stinks to all your friends and told me to relax and take a DEEP look into its OS & features & ask myself why this unit would make me happy on stage....that my friends was the best piece of advice anyone could give someone.....TIME with the unit is what its all about & I'm so glad I did it his way.
OK back to playing & setting up.

L8tr

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-21-2008).]

#245562 - 10/21/08 12:10 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Some other GREAT Roland features for teh "GIGGING" musician are

1- Master Accomp/Keyboard balance knob

2- EASY SETTINGS Arr/Piano/Organ/Guitar instantly change the whole keyboard into one of these sounds.

3- And my one of my favorites, SMF PRE-Chord recognition display which lets you see the next chord in the song while your playing....."Brilliant"

My kn6000 has 2 out of 3 ... the first 2 ... in fact it has 2 separate sliders - one for master, one for accomp ...

t.

#245563 - 10/21/08 12:23 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Dnj Offline

Well Tony Technics had some very kool features too it sux they are gone....
just another thing Yamaha doesn't think is important that players have been screaming for like the lack of 76 keys, or a quality VH!!

#245564 - 10/21/08 12:30 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Well Tony Technics had some very kool features too it sux they are gone....
just another thing Yamaha doesn't think is important that players have been screaming for like the lack of 76 keys, or a quality VH!!

I believe the KN6000(and KN7000) had 61 keys...didn't stop anyone from thinking they were the best.

They were wonderful instruments....sad to see them discontinued.

Ian

#245565 - 10/21/08 01:08 PM Re: ROLAND E60...... I'm Loving this Keyboard Big Time....
Dnj Offline

Ian and dont forget to mention inovative also design wise....I wonder if any of the Technics KEYBOARD R & D Team are working for the other big keyboard manufacturers now?

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online