SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#244209 - 10/06/08 07:10 PM Tyros 3 First Impressions
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
My first shipment finally arrived today (I used to get them first being so close to Yamaha in Buena Park, California but now they ship keyboards from Chicago).

First thing is that the keyboard is very attractive and I really like that the power chord is now a regular 3 prong standard cord which can be purchased anywhere. The Tyros 2 had a chord which had special shapes and harder to replace. I also liked that the bottom of the keyboard is black and the top is silver with as stated before a much more rounded appearance than previous models.

I hooked it up to a Yamaha Stagepas 500 sound system and tried the new piano... It's out of this world. There is so much more realism at both the low end and the high end. I also really like the key feel. If you look under the keys you will notice silver colored weights under each white key.

I looked over the buttons to see where everything is and I immediately felt comfortable with this new model. I tried all the new superarticulation 2 sounds first and as I was talking over the phone with my friend from Cleveland Ohio Jim Palmisano, I kept going "wow". I used the articulation buttons which light green when they've been assigned to a voice to do something and then turn solid yellow if they just supply a simple sound adjustment and flash yellow if intended for you to continue holding the button for a different latched type effect. When no articulation is used, the buttons stay unlit. As expected, the new sounds were beautiful. Full of expression and realism. Clarinet, Trumpet, Irish flutes, sax's, all were the most realistic I've heard to date.

Playing the styles was a real treat. Every style that was familiar from previous models, added little nuances which made them sound new and fresh. Articulated sounds were added where they weren't present in the Tyros2. I also noticed alot more dynamics within older styles. I kept going to a PSRS900 and the Tyros 3 and compared same styles but could hear the dynamics changing in the Tyros3 which didn't occur in the 900.

I've had a bad cold and wanted to go home to watch the LA Angels play the Boston RedSox and so here I am now.........I'll play alot more tomorrow!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#244210 - 10/06/08 08:40 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Hello George,
Thanks for the Tyro-3 review.I would like to know how the strings, choir, organ drawbars section sound?Any major improvement when compared to Tyros-2?

Thanks,
Sunny

#244211 - 10/06/08 09:18 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:

I've had a bad cold and wanted to go home to watch the LA Angels play the Boston RedSox and so here I am now.........I'll play alot more tomorrow!

I feel for you George ...
Watching your team lose is bad enough ... watching with a cold is twice as bad ...
As a NY Yankees fan, I was rooting for your Angels ... now, GO RAYS !!!

t.

#244212 - 10/07/08 02:51 AM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
!!! GO RED SOX !!!

#244213 - 10/07/08 04:10 AM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
zuki Offline

Move to Cincinnati. You have the Reds and Bengals. That gives me a whole lot more time to concentrate on music, rather than watching sports

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#244214 - 10/07/08 04:18 AM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thank you, George, for your early review.

I'm expecting my Tyros3 this week, and I have a feeling I'm going to love it.

Tyros3 looks to be the most advanced and best sounding arranger available.

Ian

#244215 - 10/07/08 05:16 AM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
[b]

I feel for you George ...
Watching your team lose is bad enough ... watching with a cold is twice as bad ...
As a NY Yankees fan, I was rooting for your Angels ... now, GO RAYS !!!

t.

[/B]

George thanks for your review, Tyros 3 certainly sounds like a winner. Hmmm, little weights under the keys, got to be a good thing.

Tony like you (NY fan) and George I was rooting for the Angels, now I've become a Tampa Bay Fan. I should be anyway, Rocco Baldelli went to the same high school I attended.

#244216 - 10/07/08 05:28 AM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
Dnj Offline

GO EAGLES!

#244217 - 10/07/08 05:46 AM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
GO YAMAHA!

#244218 - 10/07/08 07:02 AM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks George for an excellent review. I hope to get my hands on one to try out in the next few weeks, then I'll make the final decision. I guess I'm one of those folks that just doesn't jump over the fence and buy before trying. The only concern I have at this point is the additional weight I'll be lugging from job to job. I placed three bricks on my keyboard case which also held my PSR-3000. I figured that would be equal to the T3, plus the new case needed to carry it. To this old man it felt as if there was another keyboard in the case with the 3000. I could not imagine lugging around a G-70 weight keyboard ever again.

Thanks again for your review,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online