My first shipment finally arrived today (I used to get them first being so close to Yamaha in Buena Park, California but now they ship keyboards from Chicago).

First thing is that the keyboard is very attractive and I really like that the power chord is now a regular 3 prong standard cord which can be purchased anywhere. The Tyros 2 had a chord which had special shapes and harder to replace. I also liked that the bottom of the keyboard is black and the top is silver with as stated before a much more rounded appearance than previous models.

I hooked it up to a Yamaha Stagepas 500 sound system and tried the new piano... It's out of this world. There is so much more realism at both the low end and the high end. I also really like the key feel. If you look under the keys you will notice silver colored weights under each white key.

I looked over the buttons to see where everything is and I immediately felt comfortable with this new model. I tried all the new superarticulation 2 sounds first and as I was talking over the phone with my friend from Cleveland Ohio Jim Palmisano, I kept going "wow". I used the articulation buttons which light green when they've been assigned to a voice to do something and then turn solid yellow if they just supply a simple sound adjustment and flash yellow if intended for you to continue holding the button for a different latched type effect. When no articulation is used, the buttons stay unlit. As expected, the new sounds were beautiful. Full of expression and realism. Clarinet, Trumpet, Irish flutes, sax's, all were the most realistic I've heard to date.

Playing the styles was a real treat. Every style that was familiar from previous models, added little nuances which made them sound new and fresh. Articulated sounds were added where they weren't present in the Tyros2. I also noticed alot more dynamics within older styles. I kept going to a PSRS900 and the Tyros 3 and compared same styles but could hear the dynamics changing in the Tyros3 which didn't occur in the 900.

I've had a bad cold and wanted to go home to watch the LA Angels play the Boston RedSox and so here I am now.........I'll play alot more tomorrow!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)