SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#242979 - 09/19/08 01:35 PM Great deal on media station
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Just thoguht I'd give a heads up that Dom has now got a special promo version of the media station available for the super price of 1000 euros!!! There are apparently only 9 available for this once only offer apparently.

I have ordered one, not as much for the style capability, but more as a sort of Receptor with a keyboard, and at the price its a bargain!!

I have found out that I can run my VST's Slayer 2 (awesome electric guitar VST) and Jamstix 2 (drum vst) on the Linux Wine that is embedded on the MS.

If I understand correctly, it has a very similar midi file import funtion to the G70, in that you can import a midi, assign the part tags and then use that to create a style.

2 sets of independent midi ins and outs, 3 sets of audio outs, its seems like a really good package, and the price is right!!
Here is the link for those who may be interested... http://www.lionstracs.com/store/x76-promo-p-205.html

I really think Dom is at the van of where these style of keyboards are going, and as I cannot see any of the majors allowing VST integration for many years to come, its a winner for me.

As I said a receptor with a keyboard!!

Dennis

#242980 - 09/19/08 02:07 PM Re: Great deal on media station
Dnj Offline

Miden,..... good luck with your new Mediastation......keep us informed on your progress when it arrives.....
many people are interested.

Thanx

#242981 - 09/19/08 11:04 PM Re: Great deal on media station
miden Offline

Sure will, but there are three others who have also "subscribed" so there should be a wealth of information in about 3-4 weeks!!

D

#242982 - 09/19/08 11:20 PM Re: Great deal on media station
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
This might be the genuine market for the media station. Best of luck Miden

#242983 - 09/20/08 11:44 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One can only hope that these MS's finally end up in the hands of some players that are not too embarrassed to post some user demos (having got them at bargain basement prices, they might not feel as obliged to 'defend' their purchase by silence)....

Pull them out of the box, hook up a recorder, and show us what one of these CAN do before you spend a fortune in VSTi's, and some months of work. Then after you buy the VSTi's and do the work, show us what you can do with them AFTERWARDS.

Just do us all ONE big favor... DO NOT waste our time trying to persuade us that we couldn't POSSIBLY understand how good it is unless we actually sit in front of one (so that's the reason why a demo is not forthcoming!)

If it sucks, post that... If it doesn't, post that. (I don't care, either way).

I just want to hear what it sounds like in the hands of someone who isn't a whiney excuse maker...

#242984 - 09/20/08 02:20 PM Re: Great deal on media station
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki
When the T3 comes out, pop over to your local dealer and try one, (Ignore the 61 note limitation) you will be amazed at how good it sounds, and also be shaking your head in disbelief as to how much better it sounds live, compared to the online demos.
No excuses for not trying the T3 for sound (The fact it has only got 61 notes has no relevance to the sound, only how you wish to play it)
The above also applies to any other board from Entry level to TOTL.

Bill

#242985 - 09/20/08 02:55 PM Re: Great deal on media station
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
One can only hope that these MS's finally end up in the hands of some players that are not too embarrassed to post some user demos (having got them at bargain basement prices, they might not feel as obliged to 'defend' their purchase by silence)....

Pull them out of the box, hook up a recorder, and show us what one of these CAN do before you spend a fortune in VSTi's, and some months of work. Then after you buy the VSTi's and do the work, show us what you can do with them AFTERWARDS.

Just do us all ONE big favor... DO NOT waste our time trying to persuade us that we couldn't POSSIBLY understand how good it is unless we actually sit in front of one (so that's the reason why a demo is not forthcoming!)

If it sucks, post that... If it doesn't, post that. (I don't care, either way).

I just want to hear what it sounds like in the hands of someone who isn't a whiney excuse maker...

Diki, (and this is with the greatest of respect) you DO sometimes cast a very wide net in your posts. Perhaps, just perhaps, the by-catch amount is too high for the cast!!

Dennis

#242986 - 09/20/08 03:02 PM Re: Great deal on media station
Diki Offline

I am not the slightest bit interested in the difference between hearing the SAME thing live versus an online MP3.

I can only say that, after listening to CD's, and their equivalent MP3's (my iTunes collection) I am INTIMATELY aware of what the MP3 encoding process does to raw audio. One thing I can state without the slightest hesitation is that the encoding process has NEVER made anything that sounded great in the first place cease to sound great, and anything that sounded lousy as an MP3 didn't sound any major bit better when listened to as a CD..

In other words, if it sounds like crap on an MP3, it will NEVER sound like gold at full bandwidth. It will simply sound like slightly (very slightly!) better crap.

I am not talking about 128kbps encoded MP3's or lower. Those have long since been discounted as good quality (but the same principal applies - crap @ 128kbps never equated to gold at 44/16, just better quality crap) but 192kbps and higher (256 is my iTunes standard) is quite easy to confuse with the original, at least to the point of not altering something wonderful into something unlistenable.

But I still stand by my assertion that a stiff, poorly voiced, unnatural sounding internet demo would sound only a HAIR better in person. It would still be a stiff, poorly voiced, unnatural sounding LIVE piece of music. Not worth the drive...

I will be happy to drive to go and play a T3 in person (or a PA2Xpro), because the online demos have shown it to already be a quality sounding arranger. Until I hear a quality sounding OOTB demo from the MS or Wersi (I am NOT a 'home organ' music fan!) online, I am NOT going to drive any distance to hear those in person.

#242987 - 09/20/08 03:18 PM Re: Great deal on media station
Diki Offline

And Dennis, I stand by my remarks (always have... I don't post 'em if I don't mean 'em!)...

What reason do YOU have for all the MS owners on here refusing to post even ONE user demo?

I agree with you that, for the price, the MS will make a GREAT Receptor alternative, and wish you the best of luck with it, and look forward to hearing what it can do. But I am going to get AWFULLY suspicious if, once you get it in your hands, you suddenly join the ranks of those that hide behind the "you'll never know until you hear it in person' crowd (like the above).

Until this discount sale, there have been at least three MS owners on this forum. Not ONE of which has been able to come forward and proudly go 'look what I did with MY MS...!'

I have long taken this as very indicative of whether it IS easy or not to make great music on the MS... No-one with a T2, PA2Xpro or G70/E80 has had ANY problem feeling secure enough about their arranger's sound to post a user tune. I simply take that as, if not PROOF, certainly a strong indicator (even the designer/inventor can't manage it, or get a pro to succeed).

Hopefully, now the number that own one around here has more than doubled, we are finally going to get some reliable (read 'more than words') examples of it's capabilities and OOTB sound. OF COURSE I wasn't referring to you in the above post. You haven't got yours yet. But there is NO doubt that all those that already DO have them have been extremely reticent about backing up their gushing. I am just praying that that trend doesn't continue...

#242988 - 09/20/08 03:55 PM Re: Great deal on media station
miden Offline

Oaky m8, fair enough...But I can tell you if this MS is not what I have been led to believe, and if it does not do the things I have read about in the manuals in REAL-TERMS, then I will be the first to say so.

By the same token if it does I will also be the first to say so.

From what I have seen read and heard, I think the MS will be EXACTLY what I need.

It is not in my philosophy to defend that which is indefensible. If I make a mistake I will admit it and the reasons why I thought I made the mistake in the first place and then move on.

When I get it, it will be a warts and all opinion you get, and as I hope and expect, this should be a glowing report.

Just remember I am not really buying it for styles, they are just a bonus for me. I am looking at other areas, and the fact that the hardware is fully upgradeable (of course depending on motherboard sizes and CPU chip slot configurations) means, if all goes well I may never have to look at another keyboard again....or at least for a very long time!!!

I do believe that this is the way of the future and I hope Dom has the package right, and again from the research I have done it looks like he has in a big way.

Although, bottom-line.. I can only TRULY determine this from a "hands-on experience both playing and programming.

I have been "watching" the development of the MS for quite some time, and in the recent past the price has been a bit too high, to justify a plunge..but this offer means I can get one without any need to worry about a re-sale if it doesn't work out.

The Fatar keybed Dom has in these is quite good so it can always stay on as a controller.

For a start, on the MS I will be upgrading the ram to probably 6 gig, from the supplied 2 as I will be going pretty VST intensive.

So, yes I will be most forthright in any review I post

Cheers
Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 09-20-2008).]

#242989 - 09/20/08 03:56 PM Re: Great deal on media station
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
I am not the slightest bit interested in the difference between hearing the SAME thing live versus an online MP3.

I can only say that, after listening to CD's, and their equivalent MP3's (my iTunes collection) I am INTIMATELY aware of what the MP3 encoding process does to raw audio. One thing I can state without the slightest hesitation is that the encoding process has NEVER made anything that sounded great in the first place cease to sound great, and anything that sounded lousy as an MP3 didn't sound any major bit better when listened to as a CD..

In other words, if it sounds like crap on an MP3, it will NEVER sound like gold at full bandwidth. It will simply sound like slightly (very slightly!) better crap....

.... Until I hear a quality sounding OOTB demo from the MS or Wersi (I am NOT a 'home organ' music fan!) online, I am NOT going to drive any distance to hear those in person.

DIKI I totally agree with you!
the truth is that the MS Audio boards are only fakes... http://www.lionstracs.com/data/images/MSExpansioninsideweb.jpg
there you can see that we use only a 8bit DA convertes with only 40dB dynamic range.
the fact is that we have to save money in production more as possible and we try to find only recycled 30 years components.

So...when then I run this CRAP and stupid ASIO under 8bit digital mode, for correct the arranger audio parts, is normally that then the final result is CRAP too:

Of course then when I add over the style this CRAP ASIO ( we use a special revert enginer version for get a totally CRAP sounds)the result is more CRAP:

Hey..do not forget that under the MS are working ONLY this VST: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/information_pages.php?info_id=24

CRAP version ONLY, the original that you will buy on the store, are NOT working. You have to ask to the special MS CRAPPY version only.

So..what you hear in the Mp3 demos are much better high quality than the MS audio outputs, because we editing the all Mp3 demos with TON of additional effects to return back with a discrete Crappy sounds.

How you told before too, depend then who and how will play the demo on the keyboard...
Of course, instead to use the Top keyboard TP8SK from fatar, we use ONLY the recycled 76 keys from the SIEL keyboards http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/sieldk700.jpg

Is for that the MS have so a deeph and old analog crap sounds.

Who know...maybe Miden and the all others that have ordered a promo MS I shipping one SIEL keyb and then you DIKI finally can you laugh...
MS...crap....fraud...warmed up soup...who know? Better not risk and buy a T3 or G-70...

#242990 - 09/20/08 06:17 PM Re: Great deal on media station
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
..Double post

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 09-20-2008).]

Dom,

I would like to speak to you about buying one of these machines, but once again it seems I cannot get hold of you by email. Please email me at cmilecki@yahoo.com and leave me all your email addresses and a phone number.

Thank you,
Chony

#242991 - 09/21/08 12:24 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
What reason do YOU have for all the MS owners on here refusing to post even ONE user demo?

I am surprised that you need me to explain it to you. Most people ( not just MS owners ) don't post demos because in the past there have been extreme negative reactions towards posted demos and usually of a personal nature than critical of the hardware they were using. Only a VERY small percentage of ALL arranger users on Synth Zone are prepared to risk putting their demos online. Given your well known attitude towards MS and the attention you will apply to an MS demo you can't be surprised that nobody is that keen to attract your attention. But Dennis may surprise you. Not that he should feel compelled to unless he wishes to.

While I do understand your desire to hear quality demos of the MS surely you must realize your continual criticism is going to make any MS owner very cautious about posting a demo. Sure, yes it would be nice to hear more demos from the official MS site. But don't try to brow beat other Synth Zone MS users into posting demos because that has exactly the opposite affect. You have seen that it doesn't work.

It surprises me why you always try to dominate threads about MS when you have made it known you have no interest in the product. Sure make your point and move on. We just don't need to hear the same point made over and over again. It simply kills any meaningful discussion and isn't of much value to anyone. I'm not saying whether you are right or not but I actually do believe you do have good judgement. I'm just asking you not to get annoying. The topic of this thread wasn't "Demos On The MS" but it somehow got turned into that once again.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-21-2008).]

#242992 - 09/21/08 02:39 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Diki Offline

Sorry, Nigel...

Magically, many DO post here, on all kinds of arrangers, and don't get ripped a new one... How does that happen?

Maybe it IS related to how good he demo sounds?

On the whole, I think this is quite a tolerant place . Only when someone represents in a BIG way, and then fails to back it up do they seem to get much of a hard time. We DO get pretty critical of some factory demos, and that is just plain good consumerism (keep 'em honest ). They should expect it

But honestly, I can think of several that post music here with very little negative attitude...

I, and I honestly hope that everyone that posts here, am happy to acknowledge a great sounding demo, without ANY consideration of the source of that demo.... OK, I DO prefer it to be a simple style demo, to level the playing field, but push comes to shove, I hear something outstanding, I'll be the FIRST to say so...

If I don't, OK, I might be the first to say something, too but I really AM learning to let sleeping puppies lie, most of the time... All I expect from an MS demo, or anything else, to be honest, is that the quality of the sounds and styles be roughly appropriate for it's price. Or better!

But all I'm expecting from any MS owner that posts here is a representational impression of the keyboard, in a form we can ALL listen to equally. All I can offer is an honest opinion, I hope that's all anyone can offer, and I can state that's all I've done in the past. I really try to listen to everything posted with no preconceived impressions. So Yamaha, Korg, Wersi, everyone gets treated the same. I cut Roland no more slack than Liontracs

I keep feeling like Don Corleone... "listen, it's not personal... It's just business, OK?"

#242993 - 09/21/08 06:06 AM Re: Great deal on media station
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
I am surprised that you need me to explain it to you. Most people ( not just MS owners ) don't post demos because in the past there have been extreme negative reactions towards posted demos and usually of a personal nature than critical of the hardware they were using. Only a VERY small percentage of ALL arranger users on Synth Zone are prepared to risk putting their demos online. Given your well known attitude towards MS and the attention you will apply to an MS demo you can't be surprised that nobody is that keen to attract your attention. But Dennis may surprise you. Not that he should feel compelled to unless he wishes to.

While I do understand your desire to hear quality demos of the MS surely you must realize your continual criticism is going to make any MS owner very cautious about posting a demo. Sure, yes it would be nice to hear more demos from the official MS site. But don't try to brow beat other Synth Zone MS users into posting demos because that has exactly the opposite affect. You have seen that it doesn't work.

It surprises me why you always try to dominate threads about MS when you have made it known you have no interest in the product. Sure make your point and move on. We just don't need to hear the same point made over and over again. It simply kills any meaningful discussion and isn't of much value to anyone. I'm not saying whether you are right or not but I actually do believe you do have good judgement. I'm just asking you not to get annoying. The topic of this thread wasn't "Demos On The MS" but it someone got turned into that once again.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-21-2008).]

Yes: the voice of reason

If I had a mediastation I would not post a demo here for the reasons stated above.

An MP3 demo does not and can not give a good representation of the sound on an instrument that outputs high-quality sound.

#242994 - 09/21/08 07:35 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Diki, do you have a demo or a sample of your work available?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#242995 - 09/21/08 07:37 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:

"Slowly I turned"

#242996 - 09/21/08 08:26 AM Re: Great deal on media station
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Dom,

I would like to speak to you about buying one of these machines, but once again it seems I cannot get hold of you by email. Please email me at cmilecki@yahoo.com and leave me all your email addresses and a phone number.

Thank you,
Chony

I have reply to the all your emails, including the last one for the demo unit.
I have now sent you one email by Yahoo with my private yahoo account.
you can find me online on yahoo messenger for any questions.
let me know
domenik

#242997 - 09/21/08 09:35 AM Re: Great deal on media station
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Dom, I am also interested in buying one of the promo units. I only need to know the cost of a memory and HD upgrade and an estimate of the shipping cost to the US (Atlanta, GA). Like Dennis, the 'arranger' function is of minor concern for me, and given the cost of a MUSE Receptor, this seems like a very cost-effective alternative.

Thank you,

chas

PS: Russ, forget the naysayers; I'd jump on this if I were you (soundesign, industrial tracks, etc.; a no-brainer).

#242998 - 09/21/08 11:22 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Talk about "bang for the buck"...This deal is a "no brainer"..as Chas says...

Even with the additional shipping charges..it would be foolish to miss out...

I think even Diki should order one, and post a demo for us..

#242999 - 09/21/08 11:42 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I think even Diki should order one, and post a demo for us..

"Step By Step"

Abbott & Costello - Niagara Falls

or

Three Stooges - Niagara Falls

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-22-2008).]

#243000 - 09/22/08 06:56 AM Re: Great deal on media station
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I have a few questions on the Mediastation deal.

Why is Dom being so generous to a bunch of rowdy people like us? - and, more importantly, where are the audio inputs located on this puppy? Or is there no Sampler at all on this model? I see a bunch of outputs but NO inputs of any kind expect the MIDI inputs. Also, is there a guarantee included with this deal? And how much for shipping half way around the world to So. California? If we do a group buy would Dom consider knocking off a little more to sweeten the deal? Sorry.. just call me miser Mike.

And finally - what recourse do we have if Dom takes the money and runs?? Just kidding Domenik.. You aren't thinking about closing shop and moving on though are you Dom?? This deal seems too good to be true and you know what they say about deals that seem too good to be true don't you? > "If it seems too good to be true - it ******** *s. Maybe you decided to shutter the windows and change professions and this is your last hurrah to all of us "nice" people on the Synth Zone? Very kind of you to do this if it's true but our support of this Mediastation will fly out the window with you if you go.

I am interested but I would need to know the total price "out the door" with tax and shipping to my front door. Thanks Dom.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-22-2008).]

#243001 - 09/22/08 08:46 AM Re: Great deal on media station
LIONSTRACS Offline

Ciao Mike
you are really funny, for that I like you..

I will so generous because someone ther have stressed me a lot and I think now is the tiime for make someone there happy and try yourself the MS too.

About the hardware configuration, maybe you forget to read some on the specifications: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/x76-promo-p-205.html

This is a basic MS X-76 with 64bit CPU, same OS installed for the all models available, it mean that the all Software OS features are included, I can NOT deleting nothing.
It is a good hardware compromise for start play it, the right CPU power and enough RAM for running simple and not havy VST.

you can also expand there the all PC stuff, like RAM, CPU, HD..are all standard PC hardware.
You need a MIc inputs? then you have to add the MIC board or the all other available MS hardware.

this deal is totally TRUE, is not a fake and a fraud!
In 15 years that I make this job, I never fraud one of my clients, including Roland Europe, Solton, Gem...

this is a good deal just for cover one parts of the PC components and MS hardware parts, you can still remove the PC stuff and assembly a new PC desktop..LOL..

i think take off from the new production 10 promo MS...i can survive...don't worry.

The total price for this basic Promo is 1000 Euro and I don't know what you have then to pay there for import one keyb from italy, every country use different tax.

Is not included also the shipment cost...for the whole europe I can shipping with GLS, it cost only 60 euro, I really don't know how much will be to the USA..UPS and Fedex are a bit expensive.
If you there have someone that can pickup the MS here in Italy, for me is MUCH better, it mean NOT fight about the shipment cost .

Anyway... in just some days, 6 MS promo are already ordered..still remain the last 4 pcs and then this offer is closed.
Will return the normally price.

cheers and thanks again.
Domenik

#243002 - 09/22/08 09:23 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:

My arranger work has long been posted at Roland-arranger. There's really only a couple of straight ahead arranger recordings (I work primarily as one half of a duo or full band work), one of which is the OOTB Bossa demo, and the other is a Joe Zawinul tune, done in Piano mode.

I make no claim to be the greatest piano player ever, but am fairly confident that anyone that wants to get an impression of the G70's sound can see past my mistakes, and quite easily hear the G70's basic sound.

Plus I don't make the outrageous claim that my G70 could not POSSIBLY be fully appreciated unless you actually sat in front of it (as a reason why I would NEVER actually post a demo!).

I don't ask for anything I would not do myself, and I don't scrutinize any one brand of arranger any harder than any other. At least two current MS owners claim music industry credentials greater than mine, hence my suspicions when they refuse to actually demonstrate their opinions.

If someone is trying to talk you into getting a car like theirs, but refuse under any circumstances to let you ride in it, you start to get leery of their claims. Hopefully, this may change soon, and if a quality style demo OOTB gets posted, trust me, I will be the FIRST to acknowledge it. Even if the playing is poor, as long as the style rocks, the sounds rock and there aren't any weird glitches, I think I'm pretty capable of discerning the difference between the machine and the man.

That's all I would expect of anybody listening to anyone's demos, including my own...

#243003 - 09/23/08 02:08 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
My arranger work has long been posted at Roland-arranger. There's really only a couple of straight ahead arranger recordings (I work primarily as one half of a duo or full band work), one of which is the OOTB Bossa demo, and the other is a Joe Zawinul tune, done in Piano mode.

I remember listening to Diki's rendition of that Joe Zawinul tune from Heavy Weather. A very sensitive performance that brought back many memories of that time for me. I saw Weather Report play that tune live back in the 70s with Joe Zawinul, Wayne Shorter and Jaco Pastorius.

Diki really does play a memorable interpretation of it. Well worth checking out.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-23-2008).]

#243004 - 09/25/08 05:30 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Magica Alfa Offline

Yes it is true that DIKI made really nice demo.
But maybe he is having same problem as me.
I'm really occupied with my work and my band. So I can not find time to show you how is my MS sounds. But when I will have time I will do it for you. If anybody will have some questions regards MS I'm here.

In this moment I can only tell you that is all depend on you if you want good instrument you need to work with it: even if that is T3 or PA2X or whatever you play. Only different here is that you need only ONE MS to make different keyboard from it every day.
You need to change ordinary KBD every two or three years because some new advantages are coming out with new mode, but for old models are not possible to upgrade.

Best regards.
MAGICA ALFA

#243005 - 09/25/08 10:16 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Diki Offline

Sorry, Magica, but I'm NOT of the 'buy a new arranger every three years' school.

IF the arranger you purchase a) already sounds fantastic (and why buy one if it doesn't?), and b) is built like a tank (for durability), you don't really NEED to buy a new arranger for over ten years.

Sound-wise, there's very little that needs fixing on a G70, and only the reappearance of the Chord Sequencer, or a completely new, ground-up perfect design (unlikely from ANY manufacturer!) is likely to tempt me to spend big bucks AGAIN...

But in ten years time (or seven, actually, I've had it for three already), it will still be working perfectly... A computer-based instrument, especially at the pace that Dom likes to upgrade them, is going to be VERY unlikely to be able to run the latest OS and features that Dom comes out with. It's all well and good to say that you can upgrade the CPU, but in fairness, how many of us are trundling along trying to do cutting edge work on a ten year old computer?

Due to the complex subsystems, even if you CAN upgrade the CPU, the rest of the hardware dependent I/O (who knows if even USB2 won't be a 'legacy' interface ten years from now?) and other peripheral systems will likely be unsupported in ten years' time. In the meantime, of course, Dom will continue to tinker and change and improve the MS, but a lot of the new features will rely on systems that will not work on the original (circa 2008) versions of the MS. Linux itself will evolve, to use newer technology, and will be unlikely to run well on ten year old hardware (try running today's incarnation on a ten year old computer )

So you have to factor in upgrading your computer components for as long as they will continue to work with the I/O, and just pray that that will not be outdated by the software and OS... Replacing the entire computer, I/O and all subsystems in the event of a complete shift by Dom to use newer technology is not going to be cheap.

In the meantime, I'm still plodding along on my G70, and probably have whatever the Receptor morphs into by then...!

I'd also like to point out that, yes, I'm still busy with gigs and recording schedule, but the few minutes it took to make those demos hardly made it impossible to do. OTOH, I didn't have to fight my arranger's built-in sound or styles to do it That's kind of the point I've been trying to make for a long time. I didn't have to go out, buy a bunch of VSTi's, install them, troubleshoot them, integrate them into my workflow, develop styles for them, fine tune them, and THEN make a simple demo.

I simply turned on the G70, picked a style, and played... Basically what probably 95% of us here prefer to do, IF our machine is capable enough to do it. There are a FEW 'tweakers' here (I'm one, actually!), but I'm sure that, if the style and sounds are already spot on, no-one messes with it much IF IT JUST PLAIN SOUNDS GOOD...

So, don't worry about it. Turn on your MS, pick a style or two, and play something simple and beautiful. IF YOU CAN

My impression of the MS is that it rarely turns out to be that simple, and the fact that you claim time constraints in making a simple demo seems to bear that out. It's an arranger, dammit! It's not SUPPOSED to be hard work!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online