SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#242339 - 09/10/08 12:28 PM Lionstracs demo
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Since Dom obviously can't do it, I got a friend in Israel to send me a short demo he did with his MS.

Dom, you better give me a good price when this thing comes out...
www.simchatunes.com/music/MSversanostyle1.mp3

#242340 - 09/10/08 12:34 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Probably the best one I've heard to date..... Anyone else with an MS care to post some demos..???
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242341 - 09/10/08 02:26 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Any details of what VSTi's, style sources, etc.?

#242342 - 09/10/08 03:08 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
What's the problem now Diki? You asked for a Mediastation demo and Chony supplied one that has very good audio quality. From personal experience I can tell you this demo doesn't show the true dynamic range of the Mediastation which is very broad. That's the problem with any online demo and why I reserve final judgment of an instrument until I actually play one in person. A concept you can't seem to grasp Diki.

It seems to me you thrive on negativity and chaos. You were probably the bully at school who always picked fights who never grew up.

#242343 - 09/10/08 08:17 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Amazing Style and sounds. That guitar lead was awesome and talk about live drums.

Thanks I really enjoyed that.

------------------
Al Giordano
Visit us at ARRANGER WORLD! http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#242344 - 09/11/08 09:08 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Is that guitar track played in an arranger LIVE? As opposed to "recorded and then manipulated via MS controls before mixing in the song">

#242345 - 09/11/08 09:44 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
Diki Offline

Ensnareyou, it's a legitimate question...

When a product IS as 'open' as an MS, the sound sources used vary drastically from user to user, and can often run you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars ABOVE the instrument's already very high price to stock up on.

Add to that it's audio loop playing capabilities, and it gets hard to tell what's the MS, and what's the add-ons.

And, finally, to explain... I have never said the MS COULDN'T be made to sound great. It is just that so few manage it. The technical and artistic skills to pull off a great demo on one of these things seem FAR beyond the average player, as witnessed by the fact you have to go to an obscure Israeli musician to produce the FIRST decent demo I've yet heard, and to be honest, other than the guitar part (whatever that is) STILL doesn't really stand head and shoulders above any other TOTL arranger's sound, IMO.

How many of these things has been sold, by now..? And this is the only thing you can find? No offense, guys, but if this is how the MS sounds OOTB, you'd have thought that there would be a flood of stuff out there as good, if not better. Maybe even some western music (and I don't mean country!)

This is the thing that puzzles me. As strongly as it's advocates here evangelize it, and claim it's utter superiority over all others, this doesn't translate to a flood of good user demos. Or factory ones. What's the hold-up?

#242346 - 09/11/08 10:19 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
It seems to me you thrive on negativity and chaos. You were probably the bully at school who always picked fights who never grew up.

You see, it's this kind of thing that drags down the forum, not the frank and open discussion of arrangers.

The last resort of those with nothing to convincingly debate is personal attack and slander.

You see, I don't NEED to criticize you personally. You're not the reason I come here. Talking about ARRANGERS is supposed to be the focus here. And, I'm sorry, but if you can't tell the difference between a frank and open criticism of a musical instrument and a personal attack, you need to get a life!

I swear, if all the MS fanboys had put HALF the time they've spent slandering me into making a few decent demos, I would have nothing to criticize. There WOULD be a plethora of great demos out there, and we wouldn't be even having this debate!

But, as I suspect, it is FAR easier to come here and spout vitriol, than it is to actually MAKE a decent demo. But, once again, feel free to come here, and waste your time attacking me personally (or even just stick to discussing arrangers) rather than make some great music on your MS.

You prove my point for me...

#242347 - 09/11/08 03:59 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
to the genesys Offline

Well if I owned a mediastation, no matter how good it sounds, I would not post a demo in this forum. With all the negative uninformed comments by the detractors I would not want to post a demo because people minds have already been made up about the sound quality of the mediastation. On top of all that there is a lack of understanding of the concept of the mediastation. Then you have to think persons may not appreciate the style of music.
By Dom’s comments about sales, the majority of mediastation owners probably do not play popular North American or English music so some one in the US would probably not understand why the player would find the demo great.
So I can understand why the owners of the mediastation would not want to post a demo after reading post on this forum.
Remember people with T2s G70s and other arrangers are also reluctant to put of demos because of the unwarranted harsh comments on this forum.

#242348 - 09/11/08 04:05 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
pardon me for asking the question, but which part of this demo is the MS. The drums are not any kind of arranger pattern that i can recognise, the bass is not an arranger loop pattern.

Just before everyone starts getting silly over the MS let me explain that nothing that i hear in his demo was from any arranger . Its clearly a very good sequenced track and very likely a real drummer has been used . Certainly the drumming was not programmed by hand like you would ceate a pattern on an arranger. What this demo proves is that you can use the MS like a straight synth workstation.

Please tell me that did not surprise anyone ?

Whta i have been saying and what Diki has been saying all along (and this demo changes nothing) is that the MS is a poor arranger and the sounds it comes shipped with doesnt make it sound any better. Now forgive me for being specific but can someone please provide a good demo of the MS being used as an arranger. If this demo was an exammple please ask the gentleman who made it to come on this site and tell us how he did it. I promise i will be respectful and couteous to him.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online