SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#241517 - 09/01/08 06:36 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
As someone previously mentioned..Roland and Korg add features as OS upgrades....Yamaha depends on purchasing new hardware...

Look at it as a $4,000 software upgrade...

#241518 - 09/01/08 07:14 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes Fran I think that is the only way anyone could look at it.

I have a feeling this will be a watershed moment for the other 3 (K,K+R) as it will give them a REAL show at eating into the Yammie market. And then, of course, who knows how it will go from there (Chaos Theory!!)

Big mistake by Yamaha not to step up to the plate with this one, in my view, the timing was perfect to really sit the other manufacturers back on their heels, instead they have GIVEN this chance to others by releasing a Tyros model 2.25!

Lets hope the others come through.

I reckon people will now either make the jump to a Korg or wait for the new Roland.

Dennis

#241519 - 09/01/08 07:28 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Well there's your OS update T2 owners. Mighty expensive upgrade though IMO... Too bad Yammies OS upgrade is a "hardware" upgrade at the cost of about four grand (maybe half that if you got a mint T2 to sell for the trade up..., but it's still gonna cost ya two grand for the update). Yamaha could learn a thing or two from Korg and Roland in the OS update game.

Wait until the latest OS update comes out for the Korg PA's...., then compare what that does for current PA owners (at no cost to them) and then look at Yammie's (extremely expensive) upgrade for current Tyros owners...

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-01-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241520 - 09/01/08 08:00 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Big mistake by Yamaha not to step up to the plate with this one, in my view, the timing was perfect to really sit the other manufacturers back on their heels, instead they have GIVEN this chance to others by releasing a Tyros model 2.25!
Dennis

LOL!

I propose that from now on we call the new Tyros, Tyros 2.25!!

#241521 - 09/01/08 08:07 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Where is Ian ...when we need him...

#241522 - 09/01/08 08:16 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
Dnj Offline

Good buy for first time Tyros buyers..but not Tyros or Tyros2 owners to move up at all.

#241523 - 09/01/08 08:26 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Where is Ian ...when we need him...

I wasn't expecting a major upgrade, and had mentioned this many times in my earlier posts, so I'm not at all disappointed.

The new additions are exactly what many of us were guessing...I knew there would be no MP3 player, because it was meant to be a player's instrument.

So far I am quite happy with the upgrades, but I'll reserve my final judgement until I get my demo instrument and spend some time exploring it.

Ian

#241524 - 09/01/08 10:02 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I wasn't expecting a major upgrade, and had mentioned this many times in my earlier posts, so I'm not at all disappointed.

The new additions are exactly what many of us were guessing...I knew there would be no MP3 player, because it was meant to be a player's instrument.

So far I am quite happy with the upgrades, but I'll reserve my final judgement until I get my demo instrument and spend some time exploring it.

Ian

The reason you are "not at all disappointed" Ian, is because you will not be paying for your demo model. If you were paying $4G for your T3, I promise you you would be disappointed.

#241525 - 09/01/08 11:16 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
LOL! How many more details can there be than what's in the manual, the reference guide, the midi-implementation chart and the complete data sheet containing all voices, effects, etc etc?

Details in plain English that you can understand.

#241526 - 09/02/08 03:25 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
The reason you are "not at all disappointed" Ian, is because you will not be paying for your demo model. If you were paying $4G for your T3, I promise you you would be disappointed.

Sorry Chony...I don't agree.

Having said that...I didn't buy the T1 or T2 either...I preferred the PSR-2k/3k/S900 which are more to my liking, having built in speakers, and more within my playing budget...like Gary Diamond, and Beakybird, I usually buy 'em two at a time, and two Tyros are a bit much for me.

I don't need a TOTL arranger for my needs...if I did, I would be using the T-series and budgeting accordingly.

You may or may not agree with Yamaha's marketing strategy but selling arrangers and making a profit is the bottom line of each of the big three manufacturers...no profit...no company...Technics and a few others have learned this the hard way, and Wersi and Lointracs seem to be headed in that direction, too...let's hope Roland and Korg wake up and catch up before it's too late for them.

Ian

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online