SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#241507 - 09/01/08 01:39 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
nielshs Offline

After reading the owners manual I will keep my T2 and wait for the new Roland TOTL Arranger. Some new sounds and styles is not enough. The demos didn't impress me either.

Niels

#241508 - 09/01/08 02:39 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#241509 - 09/01/08 02:49 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
A few more details. http://www.yamahapkowner.com/?p=596#more-596

Bill

LOL! How many more details can there be than what's in the manual, the reference guide, the midi-implementation chart and the complete data sheet containing all voices, effects, etc etc?

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#241510 - 09/01/08 02:49 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Does everyone remember the amazing excitement before the T2 release? I don't see a hint of it now.

Eric:
Firstly a lot of the instruments you list are doubles. Eg: 4 of the 11 new SA2s are just variations of one clarinet. Also, if you would have listed comparisons of the T1 to T2 as well, you would see that the T2 was a much bigger upgrade than the T3.

#241511 - 09/01/08 02:53 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
mc Offline

I don't see myself buying on either. I was looking at the style list and no updated latin. looks like the same merengue, cumbia & bachata. one of each only, I was hoping for 2 of each style. Oh well guess I'm sticking with my s900.

#241512 - 09/01/08 03:02 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Doesn't seem like it's worth the money to upgrade IMO. For the price..., I expected a hell of a lot more to be honest. You guys remember the same issue came up with the release of the PSR-2100. Not many felt that was worth the upgrade either.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241513 - 09/01/08 03:52 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Not to pile on, but I really really liked my Tyros...I really love my T2, but I'm not really tempted whatsoever to buy a T3...

For all the reasons listed above, it hasn't grabbed me...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#241514 - 09/01/08 04:30 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
I figured I'd chime in before Ian and say that the Tyros 3 is simply perfect. From the specifications in the user manual its evident Yamaha has perfected the TOTL arranger, perfect sounds, perfect styles, perfect features, I'm left with wanting nothing more. Yeah right!

All kidding aside... from the Tyros 3 manual and specifications it doesn't look very promising on paper. Perhaps in person the Tyros 3 will blow me away with some phenomenal sound quality like nothing I've ever heard before. I'm not going to count on that but I'll hold any final conclusions until I play the Tyros 3 in person.

#241515 - 09/01/08 05:16 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow! I find I'm saying the same things to myself when the Tyros and Tyros2 came out. "Is it really that much better than my PSR-3000, and will I sound better if I upgrade." After skimming through the manual, I, personally, do not see anything that will make me want to rush out and purchase a pair of them. (I always buy 2 so I'll have an identical backup.)

However, before making any snap judgements I will spend a few hours at my local GC when they become available, going through all the Tyros2 features, and listening carefully to the keyboard itself. I've done this with every keyboard I've purchased, which I sincerely believe is the only way to determine if an upgrade is warrented. If it really sounds great, well, you just never know.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#241516 - 09/01/08 05:44 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Wow! I find I'm saying the same things to myself when the Tyros and Tyros2 came out. "Is it really that much better than my PSR-3000, and will I sound better if I upgrade." After skimming through the manual, I, personally, do not see anything that will make me want to rush out and purchase a pair of them. (I always buy 2 so I'll have an identical backup.)

However, before making any snap judgements I will spend a few hours at my local GC when they become available, going through all the Tyros2 features, and listening carefully to the keyboard itself. I've done this with every keyboard I've purchased, which I sincerely believe is the only way to determine if an upgrade is warrented. If it really sounds great, well, you just never know.

Cheers,

Gary

The T2 was different.

It came with 42 new SA voices (and SA was an exciting breakthrough idea then), it came with a HD recorder, it came with sampling. All of these things were new and exciting ideas for the Tyros 1 owners.

I don't see any new and exciting ideas for the T3 that will seduce T2ers. I'd love the new clarinet, piano and perhaps the drums if they are any good. But not paying $3-4G for three instrument improvements.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online