SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#241567 - 09/02/08 12:28 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 07/27/05
Posts: 10593
Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Once again..., your complete lack of knowledge of Dom's company shows here.


I know as much about it as you do, Squeak.

Of course, maybe you had hands on experience with the MS, and haven't told anyone?

Or did you just listen to the mediocre demos like I did?

In my opinion, great demos talk...bullpucky walks.

Ian
_________________________
Yamaha Tyros4, Yamaha MS-60S Powered Monitors(2), Yamaha CS-01, Yamaha TQ-5, Yamaha PSR-S775.

Top
#241568 - 09/02/08 12:56 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
kbrkr Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 11/19/02
Posts: 2817
Loc: Tampa, FL
Squeak and Ian, can you two either give it a rest or get a room?

You are both mucking up every single thread in this here forum.
_________________________
Al


Top
#241569 - 09/02/08 12:58 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
squeak_D Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 10/08/00
Posts: 4643
Loc: West Virginia
Trust me I know more of the MS than you do.. If I had an MS you'd see demos from me all the time. I will agree with you that there needs to be more demos. Sadly those who own them here aren't posting what these things can do..., and until some of the owners here take a more active role in showing what their MS's can do.., there will always be nay sayers.
_________________________
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Top
#241570 - 09/02/08 01:00 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
LIONSTRACS Offline
Member

Registered: 12/13/05
Posts: 664
Loc: Italy
Ok...maybe we can try to look the MS in a different view...
Realistic and statistic....
What are right now the TOTL arranger keyboards possible to sell well worldwide?
Yamaha T2, S900, then the new T3, then?
Roland G-70, some E serie and?
Korg PA800, PAX...then?
Ketron SD5...then?
Casio?
Gem?
Wersi?
Lionstracs?

Statistic, about the only 1-2% of the all available keyboards are arranger, all the remain keyboards are synths and small workstation.
This is also why Roland seem not continue develope the new TOTL arranger, because the field is so small.
Exclude also the MS...because we dont have good styles demos....

Now remain about the 90/98% of this keyboards that are only synth and workstations....
The MS X-61 for a list price of 2400 Euro=3600 USD, can really simple cover this all field, because with the integrated support of ASIO, VST and Qranger Audio-midi Multitrack full API integrated on the MS panel...can kill this all Synths keyboards!

Read the old post about the Oasys...who told that only the Native Instruments Massive and one more VST can full compete with the all Oasys sounds? ( not my words...read it)
In the MS now we can install the full NI package Komplete Synth and MUCH MUCH more.
Oasys 16 tracks SEQ can NEVER compete with the unlimited audio -midi tracks of Qranger, plus the support of the chords change and Elastique Audio. Do not forget the GIGA straming system..

I think now you can understand where I will arrive...is not the 1% of the arranger field that is interesting me, BUT the whole area.

Buy one keyboard and install the all sounds that you like and not just some couple of sounds...
You MUST to be free to install in your keyboards the all sounds, media, RAM, CPU..., how and when you want, without dependence of the manufacture.
4000 USD hardware upgrade...how many VST and ASIO host originally you can buy??

The MS must looking like a nice and complete musical PC, you go buy in the store and then at home you make the all what you want.
The PC must fast working with a stable OS The manufacture of this PC must give the full support that the basic OS system is working.

there is totally different, you buy the keyboard and then you continue stress the manufacture to add new features, RAM, Sampler, USB 2.0....this is totally ridicolus..there you have only to waiting a new hardware upgrade...
think the difference and enjoy what you play.

Top
#241571 - 09/02/08 01:00 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
squeak_D Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 10/08/00
Posts: 4643
Loc: West Virginia
He started it
_________________________
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Top
#241572 - 09/02/08 01:27 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 07/27/05
Posts: 10593
Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Trust me I know more of the MS than you do.. .


So you've played it?

If you haven't, then all you have to go on is the same lackluster demos that I have, and read the specs and posts, which I have as well.

So what it is it?

Coffee is still on.

Ian the Curious.
_________________________
Yamaha Tyros4, Yamaha MS-60S Powered Monitors(2), Yamaha CS-01, Yamaha TQ-5, Yamaha PSR-S775.

Top
#241573 - 09/02/08 01:31 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
squeak_D Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 10/08/00
Posts: 4643
Loc: West Virginia
Yawwwwnnnnn.... Forget it Ian.., any conversation that doesn't have Yamaha sitting on top is pointless to you... So with that.., keep your coffee I got my own. Peace...
_________________________
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Top
#241574 - 09/02/08 01:34 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 07/27/05
Posts: 10593
Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Yawwwwnnnnn.... Forget it Ian.., any conversation that doesn't have Yamaha sitting on top is pointless to you... So with that.., keep your coffee I got my own. Peace...


So you probably haven't played it...I figured.

Enjoy your coffee...I'm gonna make a nice cuppa tea.

Peace to you too.

Ian
_________________________
Yamaha Tyros4, Yamaha MS-60S Powered Monitors(2), Yamaha CS-01, Yamaha TQ-5, Yamaha PSR-S775.

Top
#241575 - 09/02/08 01:57 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
Dnj Online   content
Senior Member

Registered: 09/21/00
Posts: 39995
Loc: NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Ok...maybe we can try to look the MS in a different view...
Realistic and statistic....
What are right now the TOTL arranger keyboards possible to sell well worldwide?
Yamaha T2, S900, then the new T3, then?
Roland G-70, some E serie and?
Korg PA800, PAX...then?
Ketron SD5...then?
Casio?
Gem?
Wersi?
Lionstracs?

Statistic, about the only 1-2% of the all available keyboards are arranger, all the remain keyboards are synths and small workstation.
This is also why Roland seem not continue develope the new TOTL arranger, because the field is so small.
Exclude also the MS...because we dont have good styles demos....

Now remain about the 90/98% of this keyboards that are only synth and workstations....
The MS X-61 for a list price of 2400 Euro=3600 USD, can really simple cover this all field, because with the integrated support of ASIO, VST and Qranger Audio-midi Multitrack full API integrated on the MS panel...can kill this all Synths keyboards!

Read the old post about the Oasys...who told that only the Native Instruments Massive and one more VST can full compete with the all Oasys sounds? ( not my words...read it)
In the MS now we can install the full NI package Komplete Synth and MUCH MUCH more.
Oasys 16 tracks SEQ can NEVER compete with the unlimited audio -midi tracks of Qranger, plus the support of the chords change and Elastique Audio. Do not forget the GIGA straming system..

I think now you can understand where I will arrive...is not the 1% of the arranger field that is interesting me, BUT the whole area.

Buy one keyboard and install the all sounds that you like and not just some couple of sounds...
You MUST to be free to install in your keyboards the all sounds, media, RAM, CPU..., how and when you want, without dependence of the manufacture.
4000 USD hardware upgrade...how many VST and ASIO host originally you can buy??

The MS must looking like a nice and complete musical PC, you go buy in the store and then at home you make the all what you want.
The PC must fast working with a stable OS The manufacture of this PC must give the full support that the basic OS system is working.

there is totally different, you buy the keyboard and then you continue stress the manufacture to add new features, RAM, Sampler, USB 2.0....this is totally ridicolus..there you have only to waiting a new hardware upgrade...
think the difference and enjoy what you play.



Domenic I Love the MS OPEN concept...& the build quality is wonderful as I have played with Fran's MS a few times..lighten the weight to around 30-35lbs total & make the styles equivalent too play & sound EQUAL to what's out there now.....plus it has to be EASY TO Navigate IN REAL TIME for me to consider it. I wish you luck,I'll have my eye open on your progress....& the new MS 61 key version also....any pictures/demos of it yet?.



[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-02-2008).]

Top
#241576 - 09/02/08 02:38 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
Dnj Online   content
Senior Member

Registered: 09/21/00
Posts: 39995
Loc: NJ
749 Voices, 35 Drum/SFX Kits and 480 XG and 256 GM2 Voices including brand new Super Articulation 2 Technology
450 exceptionally high-quality Styles including the new MegaVoices
Eight slider, one assignable slider and articulation switches
Adoption of Two-Track Hard Disk Recorder and large-capacity Hard Disk Drive
Convenient Multi Pad Sync function, Registration and OTS Setting

Top
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin 



Help keep Synth Zone Online