SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#241587 - 09/04/08 10:59 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Why the issue with .wav's? At least Yamaha provide a large enough HD that using .wav's shouldn't be a problem, and you can swap out for a larger one, I would imagine.

Here you are, with presumably the best arranger on the planet (at least, that's what the fanboys will have you believe!), and you want to play crappy, lossy MP3's on it instead of nice pristine CD quality .wav files?

You can't bitch about compressed ROM waveforms on the one hand, and turn around and go 'What?! No MP3's?' on the other hand...

You can always convert your commercial karaoke tracks into .wav files, if that's what has got you all so worried.. Bet you wish you'd bought them on CD, now, instead of downloading them off of Limewire....

For me, the issue is not the format, but what can you do with that format when it is on the keyboard. From my understanding, the T3 does not have advance play controls like markers, time strech, tempo synch, key transpose.. You can probably only include a wave file in a playlist on the T3. So to me, wave files on the T3 is realy only usefull for gimmics.
P.S I have a Genesys so I know about the ability to play wave files with out a good player.

#241588 - 09/04/08 11:55 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Absolutely... Markers, tempo and pitch change abilities should be included, or you might as well use an iPod.

It's all part of the effort to 'dumb down' arrangers over the years. Once upon a time, these things were designed for PLAYERS. All the features were designed to make playing them easier. But now, it seems like the features are put in to make PRETENDING you are playing them easier.

Mind you, without at least transpose, how are you supposed to be able to sing with a karaoke backing if you can't change pitch? That's a basic feature from even the cheapest karaoke players... And just as easily achieved on a .wav file as an MP3 (usually higher quality, too).

#241589 - 09/04/08 03:11 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
11 More SAV plus 11 SA2 (although in some cases derivatives of the same instrument), more Mega Voices, More Live! voices, More Cool! voices, more Sweet! voices, USB 2.0, 8 sliders with one assignable making 9 total (can also be used as drawbars for the Organ Flutes), and the two new dedicated Assignable Buttons.

... and compare that to what the T2 added to the T1, and you'll understand why everyone is complaining... The only significant thing added in my opinion are the 22 SA voices, and even that is only half of what the T2 added to the T1.

#241590 - 09/04/08 03:23 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
you'll understand why everyone is complaining...

No Chony...not everyone.

According to the e-mails I've been getting, plus what's on the other forums, there are many who are very interested in this product...and this is before even playing it, which you have not done either.

Much of the many I heard from are T2 owners, with a smattering of T1 and S900/3K users as well...plus two E-series players...one an E-80.

Personally, I was pleased with the upgrades from the T2...you, obviously, are not...but to say "everyone"...naaaah...that's just too much of an assumption, IMO.

All the best,

Ian

#241591 - 09/04/08 11:49 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
No Chony...not everyone.

According to the e-mails I've been getting, plus what's on the other forums, there are many who are very interested in this product...and this is before even playing it, which you have not done either.

Much of the many I heard from are T2 owners, with a smattering of T1 and S900/3K users as well...plus two E-series players...one an E-80.

Personally, I was pleased with the upgrades from the T2...you, obviously, are not...but to say "everyone"...naaaah...that's just too much of an assumption, IMO.

All the best,

Ian

Put it this way then. The power users among us (those of us who use a number of keyboards, sequencers, and design our own beats and sounds), think that the T3 is severely lacking in features compared to other boards.

You ask how I can bash the T3 without having used it; but how can you worship it without having used it either?

Look, I don't know if I'm going to buy it or not. I currently own so much equipment including keyboards by all the major brands, and even a small update might be worth my while if it even slightly enhances my performance. But that doesn't make it a good upgrade. Compared to what the T2 added to the T1, the T3 is a total cop out.

#241592 - 09/05/08 02:38 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-05-2008).]

#241593 - 09/05/08 04:06 PM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-05-2008).]

Do you think we could bump this to 100 posts? Anyone have anything to say about 76 keys?

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online