SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#240914 - 08/26/08 08:15 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Dnj Offline

More from the YPKO forum.....

"I agree with your comments re Updates above. This is the sensible approach that virtually all manufacturers take...doesn't matter what the product is.. Yamaha is building incrementally on the technology they developed for T1 and T2.....adding new features/capabilites as the technology improves/evolves. The Operating system and User Interface is remaining quite consistent and familiar...just extensions for the new capabilities. That makes sense..you don't want your customers to have to completely relearn a new User Interface with every product. That is the Challenge...to retain a consistent,intuitive user interface while adding new underlying technology/hardware /software.
Sometimes the new technology is so radically different that the complete architecture of the OS might have to change(rewrite required) and the User Interface may have to change as well. This often results in the New Generation products being incompatible with the previous ones.

I am happy that with the T3, Yamaha has been able to add new technology SA2 (new sound engine), improved DSP and other new features while retaining the Same basic User Interface.

Most importantly, the Production Model T3 which I played never once froze or hung up unlike many other newly introduced computer products. While much more real world experience is needed to tell for sure, this augurs well for the Reliability of the T3.

By the way I've used the Korg PA800 arranger ( latest generation) quite a bit and in my
humble opinion...Out of the Box , the Sounds and Preset capabilities of the T3 ( and even the T2) are far better. The T3 sounds are so much more Lively, Bright , Dynamic and the numerous styles are so immediately usable....with the PA800 a lot of tweaking/customizing has to be done to make many of the Sounds/Styles approach what you get out of the Box with the T3.
Mind you, the Korg PA800 is a good arranger with nice capabilities for Pros/Live playing( Dual Sequencers, Sampling, change key/tempo of Mp3 files, Guitar mode for Style Creation, etc) but it takes a lot of tweaking to get exactly what you want. I am blown away by how good T3 (and even T2) sounds out of the Box. Much better User Group/Forum support as well. Just my two cents."

Allan

#240915 - 08/26/08 08:18 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Dnj Offline

I'm wondering what Navagtional changes,Music finder directory & VH changes if any will be included in T3? Sound & Style wise Im content for now...

#240916 - 08/27/08 04:46 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
The really annoying thing about Yamaha's top arranger keyboards is that they never upgrade the OS? Oh, they fix major bugs, but no incremental improvements like other manufacturers like Roland and Korg. Right now I'm awaiting a major OS release for the Pa2xpro that is supposed to introduce new features. Why doesn't Yamaha do this? Instead they just build a new Keyboard???

Quite Puzzling???

------------------
Al Giordano
Visit us at ARRANGER WORLD! http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#240917 - 08/27/08 04:52 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Yamaha's approach to "upgrade" isn't through new features added to the OS when it comes to their top arrangers. It has been clear over the years that their concept of upgrading in terms of OS is by purchasing the new model. If they gave you all those OS updates and feature additions who would buy the newest model.

It sucks that they're this way because they sure as hell don't do this for their pro synths (at least over the more recent years). Roland released the G.., then Yamaha releases an OS update to ADD features to the XS that compare to the Fantom G. Yamaha knows the uproar they'd get from customers in the pro synth area if they did the same thing to them as they do with the pro arranger owners.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#240918 - 08/27/08 04:55 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
More from the YPKO forum.....

"I agree with your comments re Updates above. This is the sensible approach that virtually all manufacturers take...doesn't matter what the product is.. Yamaha is building incrementally on the technology they developed for T1 and T2.....adding new features/capabilites as the technology improves/evolves. The Operating system and User Interface is remaining quite consistent and familiar...just extensions for the new capabilities. That makes sense..you don't want your customers to have to completely relearn a new User Interface with every product. That is the Challenge...to retain a consistent,intuitive user interface while adding new underlying technology/hardware /software.

I agree with the poster as well.

Yamaha has made a very wise move in keeping a consistant user interface and OS.

Ian

#240919 - 08/27/08 07:03 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I agree with the poster as well.

Yamaha has made a very wise move in keeping a consistant user interface and OS.

Ian

Ian agrees with another poster regarding Yamaha, I'm shocked. NOT! His answers are always pro Yamaha.

Of course the UI and OS aren't going to change, all they do is add a few new sounds, say they've created a new fangled sound generator (SA, SA2), and market the hell out of it as if it's all new. Rehashed crap is exactly that. If you buy into the hype then Yamaha will keep repeating the process offering little improvements in each new arranger.

As Squeak points out the Yamaha professional products division would have a very difficult time getting by with paltry offerings on new workstations. For some reason arranger users get the shaft and most of you seem to take it without question.

I jumped off the Yamaha train when they lied about adding features and updates with the 9000 PRO. It was supposed to be future proof but that future only lasted a few months before I saw the writing on the wall. It didn't take Yamaha long to discontinue the 9000 Pro and leave owners hanging with no new updates. Yamaha's primary concern is to sell you another arranger, not offer OS updates to make the product you already own better.

#240920 - 08/27/08 07:26 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
His answers are always pro Yamaha.

Correctomundo, Ensnoreyou!

Certainly Yamaha aren't perfect...I have mentioned upgrades I would like to see, but just like the way you feel about Wersi...I really can't find much I'd like changed.

Yamaha arrangers aren't perfect...just the best, in my opinion.

Don't like my pro Yamaha opinions?

Don't read my posts.

Have a nice day.

Ian

#240921 - 08/27/08 08:36 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
jetgraphics Offline

Loc: Temple, GA USA
Though I do not currently own a Yamaha, I can report that one discerning user chose Yamaha, over a more economical model of a competing company because the keyboard "felt right" and "sounded better". They could not quantify their choice by any other terms.

#240922 - 08/27/08 10:15 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Still amused to hear Ensnare berate Ian for not being critical of Yamaha, but when asked to come up with things that could work better on Wersi's, he can't find any (extra hardware don't count... Many of us would be happy with lots of physical outputs and insert points, but it's hardly an OS thing, or sounds and styles, is it?)...

So Ian's Yamaha is perfect for HIM, but he's a 'whore'. Lee's Wersi is perfect for him, but that is just a FACT? Uncritical analysis is only bad if it's someone ELSE doing it?

That mote in Ian's eye looks smaller every day...

#240923 - 08/27/08 10:52 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
'I thought it was amusing to hear Ensnoreyou (our resident Wersi 'expert') describe Ian as a 'whore' for evangelizing Yamaha while actually being in their pay. So what do you call someone that whores for a company and gets NO pay for it..?

Oh, yes... a SLUT '

That post almost made me spit out my cornflakes this morning !!!! :-) (made me genuinley laugh)

But gentlemen please let it end here. its already gotten way out of hand.

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online