Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
#240904 - 08/26/08 01:53 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Remember, it's not necessary to take your clothes off to show your ass!

Oh. Ok.

(Pulling up his jeans quickly and hoping nobody saw)

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#240905 - 08/26/08 02:10 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
No, but if they were, I'd be proud of the little dudes! Really observant little smart asses. I LOVE it!

Russ

#240906 - 08/26/08 02:24 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
captain Russ Offline

Burt another WINNNER! Keep it up (the pants, not...you know...)!

Russ

#240907 - 08/26/08 02:51 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
I can understand why Ian would support the products manufactured by his employer. The best employees really believe in the products and/or services of the company they're with.

He's crazy about Yamaha. I'm not. That's why it's best to take anything either of us (all participants actually) says with a grain of salt.

Russ,

There's nothing wrong with liking who you work for and believing in their products but there's no need to be so myopic either. If Korg, Roland, Ketron, Wersi, Lionstracs, or Casio produced the most advanced realistic sounding arranger the World had ever seen, Ian would still say Yamaha is best without ever having seen or played the other offerings. Where's the logic in that?

#240908 - 08/26/08 03:14 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
captain Russ Offline

Lee, I can understand where you're coming from.

I just listened to some of your work. You've got the cred to support your right to an informed opinion.

I guess my approach is to try to avoid confrontation, even though sometimes I feel very strongly about something.

I don't think it's worth getting into a shouting match, but that only applies to my actions and reactions.

Anyway, NICE WORK!

Be Well,

Russ

#240909 - 08/26/08 04:27 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I know there is a waiting line to purchase that baby for sure if it ever becomes available !!

Waiting line???? By whom?
Brontosaurus, T-Rex?
That is one classy paperweight,but the keys don't even register the full midi standard for velocity. I can get one cheap if any of you really want one .... although, I can't imagine why !

#240910 - 08/26/08 04:46 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:

The Wersi does offer more than any other arranger or workstation I've owned or used, bar none. Of course you don't know that because without seeing one in person you can't understand all the possibilities it offers or its true sound.

Actually, no, I don't know it because none of you ever post anything that you've done. Bill keeps posting a hodgepodge of stuff that sounds great, but no explanation on how it's made (I can do the same stuff at the studio on the VSTi's without ponying $10k+, and need little of it live), or stuff that sounds SO BAD, it beggars the mind that it was done on the same instrument.

Hence the confusion. And, I'm sorry, but without more in the way of example, and more objectivity about design limitations (let's face it, if it WERE the perfect arranger, would you even HAVE all that other stuff listed on your Myspace page?), I can't honestly put any more stock in want you say than I can Ian... In fact less, because he HAS been critical at times, and he has sent me some examples of him on his S900, I am prepared to accept some of the things he says. He backs up his claim of objectivity...

But, here's the rub. You still fail to look at the situation from any other perspective than your own (something you apparently abhor in Ian). You say you HAVE played a G70, and have made up your mind based on that. But put the shoe on the other foot...

First of all, let's assume that you couldn't find a G70 within a thousand miles. And then, let's assume that you heard some simple style ONLY demos (no real playing to get in the way). Now, let's assume they sounded TERRIBLE. Time after time, after time. And only the odd decent thing, and it never came with info on whether it was done on a stock G70, or a G70 controlling a laptop or computer VSTi (which it sounds like).

Would you be willing to drive 1600 miles to come and play it, even if I (and anyone else, from here) were unwilling to post anything to convince you otherwise, only to INSIST that it cannot be judged the same way we judge everything else? You HAVE to come here, or you have no right to say that those demos were terrible, leading one to reasonably infer that the G70 IS terrible.

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think so...

I have read all the literature, I am reasonably up on what the Wersi's capabilities are. I can read a manual as good as most, and better than some! And I am intimate with what can, and can't be done on a computer based VSTi host. But what I can't seem to get around is just how poor a LOT of the demos for the Wersi are. Forget about just how dated the styles are, or the playing, but just the SOUND and stiffness of the styles...

Either someone is deliberately muddying up the water by posting the worst stuff he can find, or some explanation of this is due, before it is reasonable to ask anyone to just blithely take you on your word, and ignore the evidence in our ears...

Anyway, like I said, were you in the IDENTICAL position that the rest of us find ourselves, I believe you would be much closer to our position. I know it's not your job to sell me on the Wersi. But it's also not your job to tell me I'm wrong to judge lousy demos on their face value if you can't prove otherwise. You would expect me to back up my words if they were totally contrary to your experience (listening IS an experience) and I was so adamant that it was YOU that knew nothing.

What about your Myspace music? What of that was done on the Wersi? Surely SOMETHING? I liked it very much, BTW. Had a great eighties vibe...

Back to the Wersi.... Why not a generic PCI Lightpipe card for it? It's computer based. Plenty of cards with 24 or more digital outputs for breakout purposes. A $10k+ keyboard should offer this, one would have thought...

#240911 - 08/26/08 05:47 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Waiting line???? By whom?
Brontosaurus, T-Rex?
That is one classy paperweight,but the keys don't even register the full midi standard for velocity. I can get one cheap if any of you really want one .... although, I can't imagine why !

Dave, apparently you forgot what Grey Matter Response added to the DX-7..

This has version 2 "E"...and you never seen a DX-7 this mint and stored in a non smoking home..Babied isn't the proper word..

BTW: It isn't for sale..It is sitting next to my 1963 accordion..

#240912 - 08/26/08 06:04 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Like the DX7?

Try NI FM7 VSTi. Patch compatibility, plus analog filters (modeled, anyway) and a host of other additions. Far less aliasing and noise (unless you want it ) and some amazing presets. Cheap, too...

BTW, I have an E! Grey Matter DX7 as well. It was worth it for the massive patch storage alone, never mind the improvement in MIDI capabilities. Wore my first, original DX7 out during the eighties... got one within weeks of it's launch when they were harder than hen's teeth to find, in a Mom and Pop store in Youngstown Ohio who had no idea what they had. While everyone else was paying OVER list for theirs, I got a nice discount!

The current one sits in the case, waiting for me to open my museum...!

#240913 - 08/26/08 06:52 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Today has been a good day! I've seen the latest BIG picture of Tyros3, and read many posts at several forums. Yamaha Canada offered some reviews and I am getting woozy dreaming about Tyros3. I love the bickering here, especially this topic, and some of you getting your pee pees slapped by Gary. Maybe that's why I come here every day. It's so predictable.............like an old friend. I'm proud to be a Yamaha fan and know Tyros3 will be a winner for some of us. But some of the others are just destined to rain on our parade. I would never bash a Roland or Korg like Yammie gets bashed here. But then again.......that's just me. -charley

p.s. I can't wait to read tomorrow's deflammatory posts!!!! hehehehehehe

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online