SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
Topic Options
#240894 - 08/26/08 09:49 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Nope.......just teasing everyone...This is one perfect DX-7..

I know there is a waiting line to purchase that baby for sure if it ever becomes available !!

#240895 - 08/26/08 09:55 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Squeak let me know when you guys[your ladies too) are in town..I will take you all for breakfast...

#240896 - 08/26/08 09:57 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Squeak let me know when you guys[your ladies too) are in town..I will take you all for breakfast...

Me too .....Squeak hope you like Grits like me

#240897 - 08/26/08 10:00 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I LOVE GRITS! When I was a young'n in Memphis I was eating those for breakfast all the time.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#240898 - 08/26/08 10:51 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's comforting to see that some of you need no assistance from me to come off as jerks

I feel so redundant on this forum!

Oh, what the hell... might as well join in

I thought it was amusing to hear Ensnoreyou (our resident Wersi 'expert') describe Ian as a 'whore' for evangelizing Yamaha while actually being in their pay. So what do you call someone that whores for a company and gets NO pay for it..?

Oh, yes... a SLUT

It's also amusing to consider what the chances of Ensnoreyou becoming silent about Wersi, were he actually to get a demoist position with the company. Slim, and none would be my guess...

But it's always more fun to dish it out than think for a second about what WE would do in the other's shoes. I am still waiting for him to make that 1600 mile trip to come and play MY G70 (that sounds MUCH better than any posted demo)...
-------------------------------------------------

OK, was that puerile enough for this thread? I think, with effort, I MIGHT be able to match you guys, but I just can't bring myself to dumb down far enough for it, come to think of it...

Diki the Redundant

#240899 - 08/26/08 11:34 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I thought it was amusing to hear Ensnoreyou (our resident Wersi 'expert') describe Ian as a 'whore' for evangelizing Yamaha while actually being in their pay. So what do you call someone that whores for a company and gets NO pay for it..?

Oh, yes... a SLUT

It's also amusing to consider what the chances of Ensnoreyou becoming silent about Wersi, were he actually to get a demoist position with the company. Slim, and none would be my guess...

But it's always more fun to dish it out than think for a second about what WE would do in the other's shoes. I am still waiting for him to make that 1600 mile trip to come and play MY G70 (that sounds MUCH better than any posted demo)...

Diki,

You'd be seriously wrong in your conjecture. Even if Wersi were to hire me as a clinician I'd speak my mind about any flaws the product had and I'd never be stuck commenting on only one brand as if it were a panacea. If the company felt they didn't want my honest opinion in the first place, then I'd not work for them. Unlike Ian who is paid by Yamaha and only praises them, I could never take that stance. Ian's opinions are as biased as they come and his bias is heavily swayed by the fact he's being compensated by Yamaha, make no bones about that. Would you give much weight to a keyboard review if you knew the company paid the reviewer to only speak praise of their instrument? I'll bet not.

Contrary to what you state I don't whore myself out for Wersi or any other company for that matter. I also don't consider myself a Wersi expert and I'm sure "Abacus aka Bill" would be a much better person to call an expert. I merely state my opinions based upon actually using a product (Wersi included), not hearing it online and professing to be an expert on it. Too many people in this forum seem to review products although they have never actually laid a hand on the product. I'm not sure how that's even possible but for some playing the instrument isn't important.

I appreciate your offer but I don't need to make a 1600 mile trek to see a G70 in person, I have played with a G70 several times at both trade shows and at local music stores. Yes it does sound better in person if that matters, most instruments usually do. I already have several Roland rack modules (XV5080's, JD990's, etc) using numerous SRX expansion cards that offer me more variations in sound than the G70 can so buying one wasn't an option for me. The G70 is built in usual Roland tank like fashion which I really appreciate and I am a fan of Roland's sound and always have been. I don't much care for Roland's lower end lines because they use cheaper AD/DA's that muck up the sound but their professional products are first rate. The G70 is definitely a pro product.

#240900 - 08/26/08 11:59 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Ensnareyou, but I have NEVER seen you criticize the Abacus in any form whatsoever.

And, to be fair, every now and again (I know it's seldom, but he HAS done it) Ian will post about aspects of the PSR's and Tyros's that could use improvement. So much for the 'whore'.

Where is YOUR objectivity, that you so demand from others? Let's face it, were it the perfect keyboard, one would expect at least SOME music to have been recorded on it by yourself, by now....

Usually, when demoing an arranger for the first time (with a drive that far, it would have to be the last time, too ) you have little time to do anything than call up the presets, call up the factory styles, and listen to what it sounds like. Ergo, a recording of someone else doing basically the same thing should be an adequate substitute for that first impression. Tactile stuff is secondary, at least for me, to the basic SOUND of the keyboard.

And, having ripped and encoded thousands of CD's into MP3's over the years, I consider myself intimately aware of what the encoding process has done to the initial sound of just about anything. This puts me in a position to extrapolate what the REAL sound of an arranger is, even from an MP3.

And I NEVER use the built in speakers for anything, far preferring my HR824's for home, and my JBL SRX rig for gigs.

So, tell me once again, what is the point of driving that kind of distance again? To listen to those out of date styles and sounds in person? Or to contribute to Exxon's disgusting profit margin?

I already use most of the VSTi's that would go in the Wersi in the studio, and have already decided long ago that in a live situation, the difference is not enough to warrant the expense and difficulty, not to mention latency issues.

And lastly, I tend to discount the opinion of anyone that can't bring themselves to offer ANY criticism of a keyboard, when employed by the company, and ESPECIALLY when they are not. As, I imagine from your remarks, you do yourself.

It hurts, to find yourself in the company of those you deride, doesn't it?

#240901 - 08/26/08 12:21 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Diki,

I'm not being paid to promote an instrument or specific manufacturer nor is it my job to convince you to buy a specific brand. Also, there's a huge difference between me being "objective" and someone like Ian who can't be objective because he's on Yamaha's payroll.

I use and play my Wersi and other instruments but not as often as I'd like. Medical reasons have diminished my motor skills over the years so playing daily is no longer an option for me.

I wasn't aware I've never said anything negative about the Wersi but I can assure you if that's the case then its been because I haven't had reason to. Are there things I'd like to see on the Wersi that aren't there? Sure! But I'm being unrealistic as the things I'd want few if any people would ever use i.e. 6 upper parts, 4 lower parts, 4 bass parts, and at least 12 stereo FX that could be used at once. I like to do large textural compositions and having that many parts at once would allow me to play in real time with no tracking needed. The other thing I'd like to see is an audio expansion card that gives me at least 48 audio outputs so I could mix my music directly from the Wersi on my large format mixing console. A card that allowed multiple FX sends and returns (at least 12 stereo) so I could use my high end outboard gear in conjunction with the Wersi FX would be fantastic. Is this realistic? Hell no! I'd probably be one of only a handful that would want or use those features let alone be willing to pay for them. In this forum people cry over spending $1500 on a plastic arranger and there aren't many who'd spend $3K let alone $10K on an arranger/workstation. Abacus, I, and a few select others don't run with the masses but what we've purchased certainly allows us to do things other arrangers can't.

The Wersi does offer more than any other arranger or workstation I've owned or used, bar none. Of course you don't know that because without seeing one in person you can't understand all the possibilities it offers or its true sound.

If I were given a choice to use a laptop running numerous VST's or a Wersi, I'd take the Wersi every time. The manner in which Wersi has integrated the software and hardware is what sets the instrument apart. Lionstracs is catching up and once they increase the factory sound library on the Mediastation, it will be a serious contender for the Wersi. Until that happens I'll stick with the Wersi.

[This message has been edited by Ensnareyou (edited 08-26-2008).]

#240902 - 08/26/08 01:05 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I can understand why Ian would support the products manufactured by his employer. The best employees really believe in the products and/or services of the company they're with.

He's crazy about Yamaha. I'm not. That's why it's best to take anything either of us (all participants actually) says with a grain of salt.

Lets all listen to Don and Gary. And, PLEASE, let's try to be CIVIL to each other!

We're all BETTER than what's reflected in some of the crap above. Remember, it's not necessary to take your clothes off to show your ass!

Russ

#240903 - 08/26/08 01:51 PM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
[img]http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/0799[1].jpg[/img]

Russ are these your grandkids?..

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online