SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#240241 - 08/17/08 11:02 AM the SynthZone 3-D site
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Has anyone else noticed?

Remember those drawings in books you bought at Barnes & Noble, a few years back, where if you stared at the picture in a certain way for a few seconds, it would become three dimensional? Look at the SynthZone blue background. Let your eyes hang heavy and in a few seconds the blue part will move to the background and the solid color graphics will stay in the forefront. ...t becomes three dimensional!

Lucky

#240242 - 08/17/08 01:57 PM Re: the SynthZone 3-D site
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Pass me a hit on that pipe, will you Lucky..?

#240243 - 08/17/08 06:53 PM Re: the SynthZone 3-D site
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Lucky, you REALLY gotta find something to do!!!

D

#240244 - 08/17/08 10:45 PM Re: the SynthZone 3-D site
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Lucky, you REALLY gotta find something to do!!!

D

It's hard when you're sitting in a prison cell all day with nothing but a Bible and a picture of Britney Spears!

Lucky

#240245 - 08/17/08 10:53 PM Re: the SynthZone 3-D site
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Maybe I can make this part of my Senior act?

Seriously....was anyone else able to do it? It was a craze about 10 years ago with whole books having pages like this...different drawings that turn into 3-D as you stare at them.

I don't know if this site was designed like this or it "just happened," but I find it amusing every time I open it up. If you stare at the screen correctly, the blue/green background goes back about a foot, everything else stays where it actually is, and the effect is it looks like you can actually reach your hand into the screen and deposit it somewhere between the blue and the red/yellow graphics on the bottom!

C'mon you're kidding me...can any of you see what I see?

Lucky

#240246 - 08/17/08 11:30 PM Re: the SynthZone 3-D site
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Of course, you can do this...

However, of course, it mucks up being able to read any of the posts. Mind you, some of them MIGHT actually make more sense like that!

But it DID make a picture of an S900 on the same page look like a 76 So, it can't be all bad

#240247 - 08/18/08 03:48 AM Re: the SynthZone 3-D site
ricok987 Offline

Loc: N Brunswick, NJ, US
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
It's hard when you're sitting in a prison cell all day with nothing but a Bible and a picture of Britney Spears!

Lucky

God, I hope it's not the one with her head shaved, and stabbing the car with her umbrella...

#240248 - 08/19/08 02:00 AM Re: the SynthZone 3-D site
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
Has anyone else noticed?

Remember those drawings in books you bought at Barnes & Noble, a few years back, where if you stared at the picture in a certain way for a few seconds, it would become three dimensional? Look at the SynthZone blue background. Let your eyes hang heavy and in a few seconds the blue part will move to the background and the solid color graphics will stay in the forefront. ...t becomes three dimensional!

Lucky

I remember those drawings well. And yep if you stare into the background texture at Synth Zone it does seem to have a 3D depth to it. No it isn't intentional and I'd never looked at like that until you mentioned. But I did look at a lot of those 3D drawings you mentioned so I am very familiar with the 3D effect when you stared into them the right way.

... and nice response Diki lol

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 08-19-2008).]

#240249 - 08/19/08 08:02 AM Re: the SynthZone 3-D site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I feel kind of silly since I didn't mention this a long time ago. I noticed the 3D effect back when I first registered and figured it was common knowledge. To find out that it wasn't even intentional makes it even more cool.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#240250 - 08/19/08 08:39 AM Re: the SynthZone 3-D site
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Well I feel kind of silly since I didn't mention this a long time ago. I noticed the 3D effect back when I first registered and figured it was common knowledge. To find out that it wasn't even intentional makes it even more cool.

Dave

Dave,

Great minds think alike! Thanks for the validation. Up to now I've been reduced to walking around the SynthZone wearing a "chicken hat!"

Lucky

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online