the SynthZone 3-D site

Posted by: Lucky2Bhere

the SynthZone 3-D site - 08/17/08 11:02 AM

Has anyone else noticed?

Remember those drawings in books you bought at Barnes & Noble, a few years back, where if you stared at the picture in a certain way for a few seconds, it would become three dimensional? Look at the SynthZone blue background. Let your eyes hang heavy and in a few seconds the blue part will move to the background and the solid color graphics will stay in the forefront. ...t becomes three dimensional!

Lucky
Posted by: Diki

Re: the SynthZone 3-D site - 08/17/08 01:57 PM

Pass me a hit on that pipe, will you Lucky..?
Posted by: miden

Re: the SynthZone 3-D site - 08/17/08 06:53 PM

Lucky, you REALLY gotta find something to do!!!

D

Re: the SynthZone 3-D site - 08/17/08 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Lucky, you REALLY gotta find something to do!!!

D

It's hard when you're sitting in a prison cell all day with nothing but a Bible and a picture of Britney Spears!

Lucky

Re: the SynthZone 3-D site - 08/17/08 10:53 PM

Maybe I can make this part of my Senior act?

Seriously....was anyone else able to do it? It was a craze about 10 years ago with whole books having pages like this...different drawings that turn into 3-D as you stare at them.

I don't know if this site was designed like this or it "just happened," but I find it amusing every time I open it up. If you stare at the screen correctly, the blue/green background goes back about a foot, everything else stays where it actually is, and the effect is it looks like you can actually reach your hand into the screen and deposit it somewhere between the blue and the red/yellow graphics on the bottom!

C'mon you're kidding me...can any of you see what I see?

Lucky
Posted by: Diki

Re: the SynthZone 3-D site - 08/17/08 11:30 PM

Of course, you can do this...

However, of course, it mucks up being able to read any of the posts. Mind you, some of them MIGHT actually make more sense like that!

But it DID make a picture of an S900 on the same page look like a 76 So, it can't be all bad
Posted by: ricok987

Re: the SynthZone 3-D site - 08/18/08 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
It's hard when you're sitting in a prison cell all day with nothing but a Bible and a picture of Britney Spears!

Lucky

God, I hope it's not the one with her head shaved, and stabbing the car with her umbrella...
Posted by: Nigel

Re: the SynthZone 3-D site - 08/19/08 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
Has anyone else noticed?

Remember those drawings in books you bought at Barnes & Noble, a few years back, where if you stared at the picture in a certain way for a few seconds, it would become three dimensional? Look at the SynthZone blue background. Let your eyes hang heavy and in a few seconds the blue part will move to the background and the solid color graphics will stay in the forefront. ...t becomes three dimensional!

Lucky

I remember those drawings well. And yep if you stare into the background texture at Synth Zone it does seem to have a 3D depth to it. No it isn't intentional and I'd never looked at like that until you mentioned. But I did look at a lot of those 3D drawings you mentioned so I am very familiar with the 3D effect when you stared into them the right way.

... and nice response Diki lol

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 08-19-2008).]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: the SynthZone 3-D site - 08/19/08 08:02 AM

Well I feel kind of silly since I didn't mention this a long time ago. I noticed the 3D effect back when I first registered and figured it was common knowledge. To find out that it wasn't even intentional makes it even more cool.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

Re: the SynthZone 3-D site - 08/19/08 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Well I feel kind of silly since I didn't mention this a long time ago. I noticed the 3D effect back when I first registered and figured it was common knowledge. To find out that it wasn't even intentional makes it even more cool.

Dave

Dave,

Great minds think alike! Thanks for the validation. Up to now I've been reduced to walking around the SynthZone wearing a "chicken hat!"

Lucky