SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#240000 - 08/14/08 03:38 PM ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ah, peace and quiet, love and happiness........ borrrrrrring. Seems like the only thing that binds us together and gets our juices flowing is controversy. Oh well, guess I'll just go back and re-read the latest update on the Wersi, or whether lip-syncing to your cd player is really cheating? oh really. Well how about your mp3 player? Or whether the Tyros2 drums sound 'live' enough......uh, well it IS a keyboard, not a drumset. BTW, I have it on good authority that the new T3 will have 73 keys, thereby pizzing off both Ian AND Diki. Oh, Oh, the wifey just called me to dinner or I could have gone on for another hour. bye.

chas

#240001 - 08/14/08 05:33 PM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
73?

3 too few........................

(Let the controversy begin!)

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#240002 - 08/14/08 05:44 PM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
zuki Offline

Yep, this is what happens when the mfgs don't supply us with the next board we can rip apart, one way or another. Sure would be a boring life without those terrible, non-caring arranger makers

The PA800 rules - I'm content!

Now await my Mackie MR8s.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#240003 - 08/14/08 07:03 PM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
73...? Sounds just about perfect for that Rhodes part..

In lieu of any arrangers to rip apart, how about each other's playing..? Oops! I forgot... Nothing much to listen to, anyway

How about politics? Hard to find anything to criticize in our current administration, is there? Especially since there really is only one party in Washington, the 'Republicrats' who only take care of the top 10%, anyway...

Or, how about Russia? Tough to criticize a nation for going into another country to replace a government unilaterally, after we did it ourselves, isn't it?

Might as well talk about Brett Favre...

#240004 - 08/15/08 03:32 AM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Might as well talk about Brett Favre...

Nope, we can't talk about the elderly......"they is us".

chas

#240005 - 08/15/08 09:04 AM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hey, CHARLEY! Why don't you get rid of that piece of crap C-1 and play a real instrument, like any arranger Yamaha makes? Don't need any sidemen, anyway. More dough for you! Then, buy a home surround system to play it through. And only play nursing homes.

Oh, yea, switch to an all country format and buy your chicken hats in bulk! Forget all that jazz crap! Only druggies and losers want to hear that stuff!

How's that?
(LOL!)

"Redneck" Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 08-15-2008).]

#240006 - 08/15/08 10:33 AM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
cgiles Offline

On a serious note, Russ, I stopped by Guitar Center for my latest attempt to find the perfect substitute for the 'Leslie' sound in an unpowered speaker (pr). Once again I was disappointed but decided to take home a pair of Harbinger HX152's (dual 15's w/horn). Only 399.00 and stood up well to everything else in it's class (JBL and Peavy) except the Yamaha which sounded better, cost more, was considerably heavier, and had a much higher power requirement. As for the Harbingers, I liked the weight, the sound, and the built-in wheels. I still have to hook it up to my Mackie 808S for a final decision. I have 30 days to make up my mind about keeping it. I'll let you know. I wasn't able to find the new Roland SA-1000 and the MotionSound and Leslie was just too heavy and too cumbersome (not cheap either, when you're talking a pair of 'em). I'll be dusting off the Traynor K4 for an A/B (not a fair comparison, granted).

chas

#240007 - 08/15/08 12:21 PM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, I'd take another look at the little Motion Sound "Top Box". It's just the top horns and is a little over $700.00. I've got an older version and it works GREAT. It's about 20 lbs, has real horns and simulated bottom rotor. It would be the perfect complement to the Traynor.

I have to make a quick trip to Atlanta to visit one of my clients, and I would be glad to bring my old unit for you to try. I don't need it for the next few weeks...playing either house jobs on the B or guitar (me), upright (my son) and drums (my grandson).

It's very old, but would give you an idea about how the new one, which, I would assume is better, works.

I'll even UPS this one to you next week to try if my trip does not materialize soon. I'm not trying to sell the unit, but this would give you an idea about how it works. I think Diki has one of these little things...maby not the same model, but something close. Check out the websites of any Motion Sound dealer (Sweetwater is one) to look at the specs of the current model. Nothing like real doppler, at least when you're close to the source.

Sure would make "them country tunes" sound COOL!

R.

#240008 - 08/15/08 01:51 PM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
Dnj Offline

#240009 - 08/15/08 01:55 PM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Chas, I'd take another look at the little Motion Sound "Top Box". It's just the top horns and is a little over $700.00. I've got an older version and it works GREAT. It's about 20 lbs, has real horns and simulated bottom rotor. It would be the perfect complement to the Traynor.

I have to make a quick trip to Atlanta to visit one of my clients, and I would be glad to bring my old unit for you to try. I don't need it for the next few weeks...playing either house jobs on the B or guitar (me), upright (my son) and drums (my grandson).

It's very old, but would give you an idea about how the new one, which, I would assume is better, works.

I'll even UPS this one to you next week to try if my trip does not materialize soon. I'm not trying to sell the unit, but this would give you an idea about how it works. I think Diki has one of these little things...maby not the same model, but something close. Check out the websites of any Motion Sound dealer (Sweetwater is one) to look at the specs of the current model. Nothing like real doppler, at least when you're close to the source.

Sure would make "them country tunes" sound COOL!

R.

http://www.motion-sound.com/product?name=pro-3x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online