SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#236594 - 06/23/08 05:12 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
We live in a dangerous world..The Tyros3 will blow the doors off the arranger world ..funny..
and Logitech blows the windows out...

That's it..I may as well join the ranks..I am going to order a Tyros3..all 61 undersized keys..over sized body, and overrated sounds...And also grab me a Logitech 5500 for my "big" outdoor gigs...

Now where is that "clap" remover software..

The 3 amigos are vastly different..Uncle Dave swears by the Korg PA800 and the Bose LT1..

DNJ swears by his Yamaha S900 and his soon to be Fender 250..

Poor me..I just play the best I can afford..Roland G70 and a stable full of Roland Keyboard Cube 100's..

As different as we are..the 3 of us ...like to go to breakfast...

Well Fran it just goes to show that REAL Pros like us can take any kind of gear and make a living at it & make music sound exceptional night after night with an arranger keyboard coupled with styles, smf, mp3's, etc, a good laptop & killer vocals....the gear is secondary. We use old gear, new gear, change gear, who cares? just who are the MUSIC POLICE?.....its gonna be fine, sound great, because we know how to do that sought of thing.......when something doesn't make the grade it gets tossed including the T3, Pd250, G70, E60, Pa800, S900 & things that aint even out yet ....sure we're all different.....yes we three love to party together as always as the Three Amigos .....but most of all through all these years we make tons of people happy with our music USING ALL KINDS OF GEAR!.....so wheres the right or wrong? Could someone give me a "Big Hand Clap" on that? [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img] [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Right reserved to change my mind & get a Roland: [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-23-2008).]

#236595 - 06/23/08 09:49 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Dnj Offline

Heres a post from Eillen UK on YPK forum on T3 info...

quote: "I did the same with my TY2.Certainly was not disappointed with that.Technology moves on and I like to keep up with it.Have had Yamaha keyboards now for many years and each new model has never failed to be a big improvement on the previous one.You always get the best PX price when a keyboard first comes out.As to the price of TY3 no one knows for certain but I have been told between £3200 and £3600.You know what they say there are no pockets in shrouds.As for laughing all the way to the bank without new sales there would be no money for future development of these Great Keyboards"

BTW how much is that in USD?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-23-2008).]

#236596 - 06/23/08 10:02 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Graham UK:
I find it difficult to come to terms that people here in the UK have placed orders for the T3 before they know the price, but more important have not yet even seen it.[/QUOTE

Graham,
After the KN5000 I ordered the KN600, KN6500 and the KN7000 without hearing them. I believed in Technics they have never disappointed me. There was always another feature in another keyboard but Technics was meeting my needs giving no reason to look elsewhere. The upgrade was always something to look forward to.

And this is about me, John C.
]

#236597 - 06/23/08 11:29 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I officially announce, I will be taking pre-payments on Tyros 3s,

If you underpay you won't get one, if you overpay you might get one.

if you grossly overpay you will get one

#236598 - 06/23/08 07:45 PM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just curious, Donny, and others that do this, but what percentage of your act is mp3's?

Presumably, they aren't actual recordings of a live band (REAL karaoke), but are recordings of arrangers or WS's playing SMF's, yes?

So what happens when a sizable proportion of your show is these recordings, and you move to a totally new, presumably MUCH better arranger...? All your mp3 backing is still at least one, and possibly two or even three generations old. You spend a fortune on the arranger, only to sound, at least in the rhythm section, EXACTLY the same as you did several years ago (and it's the rhythm sections that have improved the most in the last few years).

Every time I change arrangers, I have to re-do my entire repertoire... For me, at least, there's no point in spending a fortune on the latest greatest, to sound mostly the same as I did before. So I stick to SMF's, and tweak them for the new sounds and drumkits. Maybe this is why I hate to change arrangers as much as some others...

#236599 - 06/23/08 08:49 PM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Dnj Offline

Diki most of my SMF converted to Mp3 backing tracks were done on a Ketron Midjay due its excellent sound.

#236600 - 06/23/08 09:55 PM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What % though, Donny?

Just curious, but if the Midjay is STILL good enough for all these tracks, why move on? But maybe I can see that, although pretty happy with the S900 sound, you still prefer the Ketron 'live' sound for the rhythm section stuff (or you would have re-done the darn things by now!).

It's just kind of strange, but one of the MAIN things I want improved in any new arranger I get is the basic rhythm section... I can get by with the old lead sounds by simply playing as well as I can, but the track or style itself, I have little control over. If I get a quantum leap out of that by upgrading, I sure as hell am not going to put up with the old rhythm section! Plus, I get a mental kick out of playing with what sounds like a MUCH better bunch of players, rather than the same old, same old...

So, 'fess up How much of your show is NOT S900 only?

#236601 - 06/24/08 07:20 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
zuki Offline

Exactly Diki. I love to play all arranger mode and do my own arrangements - it's a lot of fun and people enjoy it just as much as a smf. That's what freaked me out about switching from Yamaha OS to Korg, (took a good 7 months to unleash the blue) but it was well worth it. I also figure, I have concepts down pretty good now on most mfgs, but can't see a change from Korg. By the way Diki....the glitches you mention in Korg styles are very very minor - should not be a concern for anyone. In fact, I found glitches far worse in the G70 and SD5 (ugh). Every time I play this board and practice new stuff it blows my mind.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#236602 - 06/24/08 07:34 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Dnj Offline

Diki calm down my friend let me explain again

You must understand as I have always stated I have a "tool box of entertainment"......it consists of my Vocals, Arranger keyboard styles, SMF tracks & Mp3 Tracks & a Laptop computer....depending on the gig & I do so many different kinds I will dip into the tool box and use what ever necessary to obtain a successful result. Sometimes I sing & play All live styles NH's, Cocktail hr, and mostly the first few hrs of my live shows.. which my S900, T2, Pa800, G70, Sd1+ could easily do to a point....sometimes I'll incorporate styles & smf...or many times styles, smf, mp3's play on top or just go out & sing...sometimes I'll just DJ the show all Mp3's & just mix & sing to SMF not even using a KB at all...as far as a percentage there is no answer it all depends on the gig. For my needs the S900 is only good for styles & sounds....SMF playback, VH, MFD, is useless & not very compatible with the extreme navigational needs that I require when performing, where other arrangers are stronger in that area but lack miserably in many others. Diki you mostly play with others, I don't anymore after 25 years of keyboard gigging with a 7 pc band...& now the last 17 years as a OMB artist....when you must do it every night "ALL ALONE" singin & playing you Need certain tools to accomplish this to maintain a certain level of professional consistent musical accuracy, but as of today there is NOTHING out there that does this as an All in One for me, Styles "ALL" night starts to get boring IMO....so mixing & matching for now is the best way for me to accomplish this.When I'm happy with a arranger that does it all for me I'll have it for sure. Although improvements have to be made...The concept of the Midjay is an awesome unit that can "simultaneously" play different modes ALL AT THE SAME TIME which IMO future arrangers will HAVE TO include in the units Now if the New Audya incorporates its features & more it might be a winner....but who knows until you play one eh?
Any other questions?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-24-2008).]

#236603 - 06/24/08 07:49 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
zuki Offline

Donny - I see your point

Last weekend I was hired as a DJ. I love the 800 Songbook. It worked so well with hundreds of mp3s on a stick. I was able to switch flawlessly back and forth to live play to mix things up. The opening Elvis act wanted Karaoke, so I had 3 songs for him too.

In a nutshell, you do what you have to. Overall, the audience (in these venues) is not that sharp to discern what the heck is going on behind the keys. Many came up to me with compliments about my performance (and this was only after mp3 play - go figure!)

With that said, I will always do live arranger first (I believe the boards are made to get the best sound this way) and all other modes last.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online