SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#236366 - 06/19/08 08:45 AM Re: Best sounding Trumpet on an arranger?
Dnj Offline

John nice work on a Classic song one of my favorites. The Yamaha Trumpets are surly awesome in their own right as is so many of their other voices, Classic Guitar, SA sax, etc, ...

Thanks for the Demo, do you also have one for the Piano Ian is talking about?

#236367 - 06/19/08 10:07 AM Re: Best sounding Trumpet on an arranger?
jwyvern Offline

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

Donny, you asked about a piano demo.

I produced this one on Ty2 using a piano custom voice I produced some time ago using the PC Editor. http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/whiskarellafarm/demos/sol2.wma

It's based on the Preset Live Piano, but heavily edited to produce different characteristics.
The one that Ian refers to is an "equivalent" for the S900 bearing in mind that the best (ie. PC) edits have not been possible for that keyboard, but it's close - I think

John

#236368 - 06/19/08 11:37 AM Re: Best sounding Trumpet on an arranger?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi DNJ
There is not just one type of Trumpet, (That’s why arrangers have a selection) and if you compare the Trumpet on the Roland and Yamaha to a live band that plays this type of music, you will find that the Roland sound is a lot closer. (There’s no way Yamaha or any other manufacture can have the best Trumpet for every type of music)
Golden Rule: Always compare the sounds on keyboards etc, to live instruments, (Unless they are unique to the board) not with sounds on other boards.
Regards

Bill

#236369 - 06/19/08 11:59 AM Re: Best sounding Trumpet on an arranger?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:

I produced this one on Ty2 using a piano custom voice I produced some time ago using the PC Editor. http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/whiskarellafarm/demos/sol2.wma

It's based on the Preset Live Piano, but heavily edited to produce different characteristics.
The one that Ian refers to is an "equivalent" for the S900 bearing in mind that the best (ie. PC) edits have not been possible for that keyboard, but it's close - I think

John

John outstanding!!!! I really enjoyed listening to that Piano for sure.....I can see what some good tweaking con offer for sure....& very nice playing too. I wish I was more of a Piano player then an arranger player, Although LH chords are no problem..but my Accordion background leaves a weaker left hand vs two hand Piano style playing. I do however have a very strong RH for leads & comps.

Thanx for posting your work.

#236370 - 06/19/08 12:01 PM Re: Best sounding Trumpet on an arranger?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi DNJ
There is not just one type of Trumpet, (That’s why arrangers have a selection) and if you compare the Trumpet on the Roland and Yamaha to a live band that plays this type of music, you will find that the Roland sound is a lot closer. (There’s no way Yamaha or any other manufacture can have the best Trumpet for every type of music)
Golden Rule: Always compare the sounds on keyboards etc, to live instruments, (Unless they are unique to the board) not with sounds on other boards.
Regards

Bill

Hi Bill.....you make good sense.....do you have any WERSI Trumpet demos we can hear? It would be interesting to compare.

#236371 - 06/19/08 12:19 PM Re: Best sounding Trumpet on an arranger?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Isn't she Lovely? Great song! I play it several times a week. Really liked the guy, his choice of tones and the subtle variations on the lead line. Tyros sounded fine, too!

Good Stuff!

Thanks,

Russ

#236372 - 06/19/08 02:51 PM Re: Best sounding Trumpet on an arranger?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:

John

Good piano sound and playing. I have been wracking my brains trying to remember the name of the piano tune. What is it please

#236373 - 06/19/08 03:22 PM Re: Best sounding Trumpet on an arranger?
jwyvern Offline

Cheers DNJ, and thanks Scott.

The tune is based on Solitude by Duke Ellington.
Played freestyle & loose, from having heard it, not from a score

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 06-19-2008).]

#236374 - 06/19/08 05:26 PM Re: Best sounding Trumpet on an arranger?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
John excellent choice for the piano demo, love your playing!!

#236375 - 06/19/08 08:14 PM Re: Best sounding Trumpet on an arranger?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
John ... That's beautiful ... I felt like I should have been watching a Cary Grant - Deborah Kerr movie !!!
t.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online