SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#236303 - 06/17/08 11:39 AM A little help from my friends...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Sorry for posting this here, folks, but I needed to access the most members possible.

I believe in supporting my friends, and you folks are my friends. That's why I have decided to make a small donation each quarter ($100.00) to a charity or school in the hometowns of some of my friends here. I'd like it to be one you're familiar with and not some local branch of a national non-profit, but a local branch of a national organization is OK if it's something you really believe in and prefer. There are no restrictions (except, no churches, please)...doesn't need to be music related at all, just a worthwhile organization you believe in.

Off the top of my head. I'd like Chas, Tony Mads, Mariner, DonM, Rory and Nigel to be the first 6. Just respond with the name of the organization here and email me your address privately, if I don't already have it. I'll send the check directly to you to mail or deliver, made out to the charity.

My quarter starts July 1. It's not much, but is something we can do together. The first check will go out right after July 1. Right now, there will be one check per organization.

I'll periodically ask for more candidates from your areas. This is the fee for an extra three-hour job I just booked an hour ago for this purpose for this Sunday. Time permitting, I may add a couple more jobs and make this a monthly thing.

Chas, I know you're into Habitat big time, so that's OK, if that's your choice.

It'll be interesting to see what members support around the world.

And, together, we'll be helping out a little.

Thanks, friends.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-17-2008).]

#236304 - 06/17/08 02:27 PM Re: A little help from my friends...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
What a great thing to do Russ!! I'll do a little quick research and get back to you. I will also match your donation.
DonM

#236305 - 06/17/08 02:32 PM Re: A little help from my friends...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
What DonM said.

chas

#236306 - 06/17/08 03:13 PM Re: A little help from my friends...
Dnj Offline

Russ....

Very nice gesture on your part...

I have an Autistic son & he goes to a very Special School for children with this affliction....without the years of dedication from the really dedicated men & women Teachers, Therapists. Doctors he would have come this far... a donation would always be appreciated to go towards helping these children for sure.
I always tell my wife if I ever hit a really big Lottery I will donate $1,000,000 to this school for the work they do for Autism & my son for sure. I'll email you asap.

Thank you Russ your a good heart!

#236307 - 06/17/08 03:20 PM Re: A little help from my friends...
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Russ

You are a total class act, wish we had a few hundred like you in Congress.

I Did check to see if there was a Mariner, there isn't so I assume you meant me. LOL

I have some info going your way by tomorrow.

Jerry

#236308 - 06/17/08 04:25 PM Re: A little help from my friends...
captain Russ Offline

Sorry, Jerry, I did mean you. Guys, this is GREAT! Chas, just tell me who to make the check out to. You're first. I'll just need the name of your chosen group and a mail-to address (email me privately). I'll send the check the day you let me know who to make it out to (actually, it's scheduled for July 1 or when I get the name). Habitat is fine, or any other cause of you're choosing.

Don, you'll be next. Right now, I'll plan to send the check October 1. Just get me the name of the group. I already know where YOU live, big guy!

Mainer, you'll be January 1. Just get me the name. I think I still have your address from that "big business" deal we did last year!

And Donny, just email me the name of the school and your address. I'll send an extra $100.00 check to you for that school on approximately July 1. You're a good man for supporting your own the way you are.

Folks, please make sure the organization has 501(C) status, if possible. Even that isn't a deal breaker. If donations are tax exempt, just let me know.

I think over time, it will be really interesting to see the varied interests of members.

Chas and Don, it's humbling to see your offer. That was not my intention, and it absolutely was not necessary, but it certainly does not surprise me at all.

What a happy day!

Russ

#236309 - 06/17/08 04:54 PM Re: A little help from my friends...
Dnj Offline

"And Donny, just email me the name of the school and your address. I'll send an extra $100.00 check to you for that school on approximately July 1. You're a good man for supporting your own the way you are. "

Check your mail I already sent to you.
The children will surly appreciate it.
I know they will respond with sincere thanks in a letter to you afterwards also.

Russ The Magnificent...!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-17-2008).]

#236310 - 06/18/08 09:46 AM Re: A little help from my friends...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I had responded to another thread of Russ' at "The Bar" and I said he was both "blessed" and "a blessing" ... and now he proves it once again ....
t.

#236311 - 06/18/08 10:49 AM Re: A little help from my friends...
captain Russ Offline

Decided to accelerate things at first. Donny's charity is the Alpha School. Jerry's charity is a worthwhile organization called the Saco Food Pantry.

I'll mail those checks, plus the check for the charity Chas chooses on July 1.

That means the charity Don chooses in his area will get their check on October 1. Tony Mads will follow in late December (to get the tax deduction in 2008). Don and Tony...no hurry.

I'm going to ask for a 6th suggestion for 2008, making the total $600.00 for the year. It would be an honor if Rory would give me a suggested group from his area. That check will also go out October 1.

Any other suggestions will be put in a que for later.

I'll increase contributions to $100.00 a month, $1200.00 for 2009.

Just get me the names of the charities after you've decided. It's your call.

Somehow, this makes our association more tangible and meaningful to me.

Thanks for your participation.

Russ

#236312 - 06/18/08 10:59 AM Re: A little help from my friends...
captain Russ Offline

Nigel...you're next! Choose a charity from your area you like. A check will be sent to you for distribution late this year or early next.

R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online