Sorry for posting this here, folks, but I needed to access the most members possible.

I believe in supporting my friends, and you folks are my friends. That's why I have decided to make a small donation each quarter ($100.00) to a charity or school in the hometowns of some of my friends here. I'd like it to be one you're familiar with and not some local branch of a national non-profit, but a local branch of a national organization is OK if it's something you really believe in and prefer. There are no restrictions (except, no churches, please)...doesn't need to be music related at all, just a worthwhile organization you believe in.

Off the top of my head. I'd like Chas, Tony Mads, Mariner, DonM, Rory and Nigel to be the first 6. Just respond with the name of the organization here and email me your address privately, if I don't already have it. I'll send the check directly to you to mail or deliver, made out to the charity.

My quarter starts July 1. It's not much, but is something we can do together. The first check will go out right after July 1. Right now, there will be one check per organization.

I'll periodically ask for more candidates from your areas. This is the fee for an extra three-hour job I just booked an hour ago for this purpose for this Sunday. Time permitting, I may add a couple more jobs and make this a monthly thing.

Chas, I know you're into Habitat big time, so that's OK, if that's your choice.

It'll be interesting to see what members support around the world.

And, together, we'll be helping out a little.

Thanks, friends.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-17-2008).]