SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#234318 - 05/17/08 05:44 PM Band in a Box real track ( audio track) demo's
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
looks like Pg Music has been busy again. They've released 44 New real tracks.
( audio based tracks)

main focus appears to be country, bit of rock guitar, bit of heavy metal. jazz bass
http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=180120&an=0&page=0&go new=1#UNREAD

They even have styles with no midi, just audio. http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=180149&an=0&page=0#Post180149

best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 05-17-2008).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#234319 - 05/17/08 11:39 PM Re: Band in a Box real track ( audio track) demo's
Bachus Offline

Aye its a great program..

But i just can't undrstand why they never added a real time environment that lets you send those chords over midi.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#234320 - 05/18/08 09:43 AM Re: Band in a Box real track ( audio track) demo's
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
It is a very good concept with as yet only mediocre implementation. The country swing for example sounds like country wannabes who don't know how to read Nashville numbers. Steel is often playing licks that resolve to wrong chords, and guys are playing major and minor at the same time. Yuck. And the acoustic guitar will sometime be playing capoed chords and sometimes non-capoed chords.
On the other hand, I thought the jazz bass was pretty dang good, and the country folk and country balad wasn't bad either. Rock sax was just OK; I think they should have found a better horn player.

This concept could work, it just needs a few more gigs worth of hard drive space for more licks and a little more intelligence about what licks it chooses when, but it will come with time.

#234321 - 05/18/08 12:08 PM Re: Band in a Box real track ( audio track) demo's
Chuck Delp Offline

Loc: Southbury CT USA
I've been agitating PG Music for years to add a real time arrange mode to Band in a Box, similar to OMB (One Man Band). Still no cigar. Maybe if enough of us agitate, they'll listen. How 'bout it guys.

#234322 - 05/18/08 01:23 PM Re: Band in a Box real track ( audio track) demo's
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I sure could use it with my two controllers I use with my Receptor and Ketron SD2. I am sure there is a reason, as they have been goaded for a long time by many people. I wonder if their Yahoo forum has an answer.

Bernie

#234323 - 05/18/08 02:10 PM Re: Band in a Box real track ( audio track) demo's
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I'm sure it has something to do with the voice leading. If it can analyze the chords ahead of time, it can make intelligent decisions about how to make bass lines lead from one chord to the next, and other voicing choices in the chordal instruments. It's going to lose alot of what makes it special if it has to just play generically in order to fit a spontaneous situation where it doesn't know what's coming.

#234324 - 05/18/08 03:13 PM Re: Band in a Box real track ( audio track) demo's
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bernie,
how's the Receptor going?? It's something that has interested me for a while.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]I sure could use it with my two controllers I use with my Receptor and Ketron SD2.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#234325 - 05/18/08 10:45 PM Re: Band in a Box real track ( audio track) demo's
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Guys,
would be great if they could add realtime functions to BIAB, but maybe not enough people really want it.

The Jammer creators, had similar sort of progam. They created a realtime cut down version a few years ago called Jammer Live. Problem is they never upgraded Jammer Live past version1.
The main version ( without realtime functions) is probably up to version 6, maybe even version 7.

I first bought Jammer vers.1 going back something like 15years ago. Faithfully upgraded every 2 or 3 years till I got to version 5. A few of us were agitating about an upgrade for Jammer Live program also. They finally announced they had no intention of ever upgading it..
I dumped the lot. Only reason I kept upgrading the normal version was for the style creation functions that Jammer Live didn't have.

I can only assume the realtime functions weren't required by the majority of users.
It was a great little program.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#234326 - 05/18/08 11:01 PM Re: Band in a Box real track ( audio track) demo's
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
must admit I'm not really into country music.
Parts of it did sound a bit strange, though with my lack of musical talent, I wouldn't have quite know what was wrong. haahaa

Still I think it's a great addition to the program.No doubt they'll keep working on it. They have updated their audio drum tracks, maybe these still need some fine tuning also.

I mainly upgrade BIAB for the styles & the audio drum loops. I find the styles, a handy resource for putting styles together for my keyboard.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
[B]It is a very good concept with as yet only mediocre implementation. The country swing for example sounds like country wannabes who don't know how to read Nashville numbers. Steel is often playing licks that resolve to wrong chords, and guys are playing major and minor at the same time.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#234327 - 05/19/08 02:34 AM Re: Band in a Box real track ( audio track) demo's
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Rikki
I bought the Receptor, originally, to take the place of the KN7000 someday. I didn't count on the lack of style accompaniment. Hence, I use it in the 20 pc band I play in. The Receptor is great as a repository of pristine VST patches and B4II etc, but I am an arranger player, primarily.

I have kept BIAB and PT Pro updated for the past six or seven years, but haven't found any real reason to use it, except for real drums, but, here again, it does not lend itself to live performance. Occasionally, I play over SMF files. I could import them to BIAB, but the lead window is too hard to read compared to Composer or MidiIllustrator. Maybe I'm missing something, as I do not know BIAB very well.

Bernie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online