SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#231485 - 04/06/08 02:09 PM Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Everyone!...I'm one,have been for about 4 years. Mostly home Keyboard player,self taught who Loves Music.My Wife is a Pianist. I'm 59 Years young...
Neigel deserves alot of gratitude for providing this wonderful forum, Thank You! I read the forum daily. Really alot of Great People. So much talent. I see Many Professionals taking their talents to Senior Living Centers,etc...That is Wonderful!!! Putting the JOY of Music in their Lifes.Thank You So much. My Step-father 92 years young just entered a senior center.
I also enjoy learning the ins and outs of the Different Arrangers. How A Yamaha may fit one's needs, Maybe Roland another,Korg another,etc...That's GOOD It would be boring if Everyone used the SAME!
One thing I think about and don't see much of is...little partipation on the forum other than the usuals(no offense)....
I know one of the greatest Character traits of most Musicians is sharing what they have already learned with others...to TEACH,To HELP, To put Music into the Hearts of others...To me This is the Ideal place.
Maybe the lurkers need to be ask How can We Improve to help to You Grow in Your Music?
Maybe they are affaid to come aboard because they are not accomplished Musicians?
Maybe they are afraid because of the bickering?
Maybe they are afaid because if they post music it will become a outside bickering take over?...Gee look at Frans post I guess I love to be punished...We understand the Humor, but do they?
What Do all You fine People think?...I'm just a average Joe!

#231486 - 04/06/08 02:37 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Harold
I am glad you posted. I came over from a different part of Synthzone, and lurked for awhile in the General Forum before I posted.

I learned that as long as you represent yourself in a courteous and honest manner,no one is apt to flame you. I have found new friends here that go out of their way to be helpful. On the otherhand, if I came on as a smart ass, it would be a different ballgame.

If you will notice, the bickering is both kidding, and kidding turned serious. These guys know each other, and it should have no bearing on a lurker, eventhough it probably does.

Come on in, it's safe, and more importantly, it could be very helpful to you.

Bernie

#231487 - 04/06/08 02:38 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
It is just normal that some are contributers and others are not. Ever served on a school board, a tennis club committee etc? You will have experienced that it is the few who do the work, and the many who passively enjoy the result. I personally haven't a problem with this. It is a reflection of our different natures.
Keith

#231488 - 04/06/08 02:47 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
On most user-participation sites, you almost always hear from the same 1% of users, who almost certainly differ from the 90% you never hear from.

Ian

#231489 - 04/06/08 06:20 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
John DiLeo Offline

Hi Harold,

I also lurked for a long time & finally took the plunge. Yes the arguing is a big turnoff, but I just read around it. As an amature I didn't think I fit in here too much..I'm trying teach myself to play the arranger KB, I have a PSR3000 which I enjoy playing very much. I've been trying to ween myself off one finger chords & use more complex fingered chords in my left hand, it just sounds better to me.

#231490 - 04/06/08 08:42 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Hi Harold,

If you've been here for 4 years yet you're still a Junior member, you're probably in the best position to answer your own question!

What's your reason for 'lurking'?

#231491 - 04/07/08 05:36 AM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Harold, a belated welcome to you. You've been here about as long as I have. You lurk , I participate. I'm sure you know the characters around here as well as anyone. Once you 'know' someone, what would be the harm if you posted once in a while? You should pretty much know what type(s) of reply to expect. If that scares you away, then I guess you've answered your own question.

Participating, for me, is simply a way of belonging to group. I taught school for 33 years and always worked with a tight-knit group of characters. This is kind of like that for me now. I enjoy reading most of the posts and hate it when some of us get a little too full of ourselves or act like possessive little kids. But most of the time it's just a good time with friends.

I've only met one SZ member personally, Tony Rome, but I feel I could easily meet most SZ members and feel at home immediately because of the unique bond this group possesses.

#231492 - 04/07/08 05:46 AM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Harold, just hang around and post in the threads I post in...

I'll make YOU look popular and well liked....

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#231493 - 04/07/08 05:57 AM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have tried lurking....but they draw me right back in..

#231494 - 04/07/08 06:39 AM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Harold S:
Neigel deserves alot of gratitude for providing this wonderful forum, Thank You!

Sorry, Harold. You're not allowed to post again 'til you learn to spell Nigel's name correctly.

chas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online