SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#231333 - 04/05/08 05:13 PM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

The G70 handles the mixing/effects/audio inputs[if I use the laptop]...
And I deal with NO sacrifices

Those Rolands are bass heavy, which is great for you because you have lost about 20% of yout high frequency hearing anyway !
(I can tease him - we're friends for life!)

They also will never provide the even coverage that I get from the L1, and they have to be so loud in front to carry to the back....aw, why am I wasting my fingers?
We all love what we love!

BUT ...... those Roland cubes are extinct for a reason.

( are there enough smilies??? )

#231334 - 04/05/08 05:36 PM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Those Rolands are bass heavy, which is great for you because you have lost about 20% of yout high frequency hearing anyway !

Actually, maybe it's the loss of HIGH frequencies that account for every PAS owner's preference? (obligatory smilie...)

They sure sound hyped upstairs to me...

#231335 - 04/05/08 06:09 PM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
I'm impressed this thread hasn't gone (too) downhill so far. I'd like to hear from more people, but I guess this is an open thread that can be added to at any time.

Like I mentioned, I'm merely facilitating a discussion here. I have MANY things to say about the system, but I'd like to Moderate this thread (if I can be so bold) instead of adding to it with my views - many of you have read my thoughts in other threads anyway...

So toot on my friends!

Anyone else?

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#231336 - 04/05/08 08:42 PM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
We all love what we love!

#231337 - 04/07/08 08:53 AM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
My wife uses the Bose on her gigs. Yeah it was expensive. So is the PA2X Im leaning towards.

She can play any venue and set up on 10 minutes . There are no weight issues, no space issues, she can carry everything in her Spyder if she leaves the keys home and fill a room of 300 with EQUAL sound at nearly 180 degrees. People can hear the music AND have a conversation. There are no hot spots.

She earns enough to pay for it and can now do gigs others cannot because of space issues,

Most have an issue with the price. But when you look at it the system HOLDS its Value better than any standard PA. You really only have $500-$700 invested. The rest will come back when you sell it. (see Ebay)

If you play LOUD the system is not for you.
If you do a single or even trio. There is no better way to go if you can pay the tag.

We have a Mackie 808s with a couple JBL MR925s on poles sitting in the garage with a powered Sub and monitor for sale. We will never use that system again (unless we get into DJing which will nevr happen)LOL.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#231338 - 04/07/08 09:29 AM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:

We have a Mackie 808s with a couple JBL MR925s on poles sitting in the garage with a powered Sub and monitor for sale. We will never use that system again

Could you elaborate (on what's wrong with that setup). I was looking for a speaker recommendation for a 808s to play organ (nothing else) through. Your statement above has given me pause. Thanks.

chas

#231339 - 04/07/08 02:01 PM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Kingfrog Offline

1. HEAVY
2. Need a truck to move it around
3. Limited sweet spot listening area,
4, Need monitors.
5. Need stands

Its too much for the wife to carry round by herself and set up and strike. The Bose sounds better in a wider area, doesn't requie the space and can be mamged a lot better using the Tone Match Mixer.

You HAVE to really set the system up right with proper gain levels and EQ to get the sound right. But you can save the entire setup. She has different set up "scenes" saved for every place she plays and for duos and trios when they join her. I have my own set up saved on it as well.

There simple isnt anything out there that is so smal, light, powerful and has the DSP and flexibilty for the money. Like I said she can pack the whole system and her keys and guitar in her Spyder and do a 300 seat room.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#231340 - 04/07/08 02:49 PM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Thanks for your response. Those are points that I will certainly consider as I continue my search. I was afraid there might be something inherently wrong with the 808s (aside from being somewhat underpowered for most good quality cabinets (270-300 watts/8 ohms).

chas

#231341 - 04/07/08 09:03 PM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Why are the PAS's so tricky to setup and gain stage?

I would have thought flat was flat, and don't redlight anything, you should be set. What makes this so complicated?

#231342 - 04/07/08 10:19 PM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Kingfrog Offline

Diki I think people approach the PAS like a standard PA. Because of the design and the array of small drivers you really have to set up the gain stages correctly. The system is so accurate the slightest overdone frequency or gain is magnified. The best thing about the system as far as I am concerned is the CLARITY compared to the Mackie system we have. You can hear everything no matter where you sit in the room.

The Bose Forum is a good source for pros and cons. Like I said though our principle reason for making the jump (without even hearing a system) was the Forums and the ease of set up and the system is very light. ITs only 300 watts so if it were to power a band I would suggest and it seems each player has their own system,

The hardest thing to get used to was the lack of stereo. but really in a club you dont want just the center of the listing area to hear a good mix. You want everyone to hear the SAME mix. The BOse does that very very well.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online