SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#231323 - 04/05/08 06:00 AM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
JIMSAX Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD USA
Hi Guys, I used an L1 system for about three months indoors and out. I just did not like the sound. After much tweaking and proding I sold it and purchased a backup T2.

Forget about setup, looks, and cost, the sound is whats is important to me. I just didn't like it. My 2 cents.

Jim

#231324 - 04/05/08 07:34 AM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
True, it's the sound, stupid. BUT, I've always been ok with a standard stereo setup, so in order for me to buy a system that costs three to five times more than it's (power/coverage) stereo counterpart, I've got to love it three to five times more. Since I've never heard one, I can't rule that out, but given that, like Diki, I never cared much for the (400 series) Bose sound anyway, I kinda' doubt it.

Note: the above is merely a comment, not an opinion (which I don't feel qualified to have). The only thing I know about them for sure is the cost. Besides, if they're that good and you're that lousy, they're just going to expose you that much more. There are a few people here that should be reminded of that, but I'll save that for my final death-bed post.

chas

#231325 - 04/05/08 07:53 AM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I can only echo DonM's statement--do a search!

One thing I would like to add, though. Most of the negative comments I've read during the past couple years were from individuals that either didn't own an L1 system, or were from those that purchased it and never took the time to read the manual for setting it up properly. Same holds true for the vast majority of the keyboards.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#231326 - 04/05/08 08:06 AM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JIMSAX:
Hi Guys, I used an L1 system for about three months indoors and out. I just did not like the sound. After much tweaking and proding I sold it and purchased a backup T2.

Forget about setup, looks, and cost, the sound is whats is important to me. I just didn't like it. My 2 cents.

Jim

Jimmy EXCELLENT Post that really says it all....you hit it right on the mark!!

For me the Bose is Just an OK system that sounds decent if you set it up with the right EQ for your gear right....trying to make everyone believe it or spend unbelievable amounts of money for it is another thing & a very personal decision...
this whole thread on sound gear should start out with ...
"TAKE YOUR OWN GEAR TO THE STORE, PLAY YOUR OWN GEAR IN THE STORE THROUGH THE BOSE, JBL, FBT, YORKVILLE, MACKIE, EV, LOGITECH OR WHATEVER THEY HAVE YOUR INTERESTED IN AND A/B THEM ALL THEN MAKE A DECISION FOR YOU ONLY"....DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONES ELSES OPINIONS ....

This is your gear, your sound, your playing, your audience......when you feel its right buy it.....if it works out fine enjoy!.....if down the road it doesn't tickle your fancy anymore ...dump it and move on & buy something else.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-05-2008).]

#231327 - 04/05/08 08:18 AM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I haven't the slightest intention of buying the Bose because it's way outside my financial reach
but I must just say one thing.. I have heard the system with the double set-up being used by a UK concert artiste together with a Stagea organ on two occasions in different venues
and I have never heard better sound at any concert.

Trevor

#231328 - 04/05/08 10:59 AM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
When at my band gig, 90% of the 20 musicians have commented on how good the sound is from my Bose, the other 10% are deaf anyway.

Bernie

#231329 - 04/05/08 11:05 AM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
With regard to the "MANY" pieces of setup:
A traditional PA would include
2 speaker stands (wide footprint)
2 wires (usually ugly, mostly dangerous)
2 30+ lb speakers ( you need to LIFT UP )
* maybe even an extra sub

so, that's 7 pieces, IF you're using powered speakers....add ONE more if you need a PA head...TWO more for a separate mixer and power amp.

Then, you still don't have:
modeled inputs
active EQ
intelligent compression
tiny, tiny footprint, LARGE coverage

I won't engage in hate talk ... I'm just trying to make the advantages clear. Some people won't like it, and that's fine, but many people have converted after trying it .... so, I'm trying to show the advantages to everyone. In the end, you make your own choice, of course.

Take the price, and divide all the components up, and it not as expensive as you might guess, considering all the advantages! And the rugged covers that are included with the system fit beautifully, store easily and protect the finish from scratches and light bumps.

My biggest love is the quick, consise setup. I'm in and ready to go in about 10 minutes. No need to even sound check, because I know what it will sound like.

I only need a pair of Roland CK 100's [on wheels]..

My G70 [on wheels]..
2 patch cords and a mic/cord...
That's it!!!!No need for a sub woofer[the Roland's get down there].

The G70 handles the mixing/effects/audio inputs[if I use the laptop]...
And I deal with NO sacrifices..

Of course I don't have a place to hang my hat or coat...like you Bose guys..

#231330 - 04/05/08 11:23 AM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Dnj Offline

Fran....

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#231331 - 04/05/08 12:38 PM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran,

You forgot to add the forklift, the trailer to haul the forklift, pallats to put the speakers and keyboard upon, 6-foot diameter cable reel for the cables, monitors, plus three, hot-lookin' roadies wearing tank-tops and hot-pants to load the gear. And, of course, you can haul all this stuff with your 300-year-old pickup truck that has a million miles on it. OH YEAH!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#231332 - 04/05/08 01:08 PM Re: Why so emotional about the Bose PAS???
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary..I did forget all that...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online