SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#230536 - 03/28/08 09:51 PM Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I see little point in a 76 T2/3... the S900 has most of it's advantages, at under half the price. The T2 sampler is unusable live for anything more than really basic stuff, and that's the only feature that has any real appeal to me. I have NEVER claimed to need this one particular arranger, and feel it would be a mistake for Yamaha to test the 76 waters with an overpriced TOTL only. But I think that quite a few would use a 76 S900 including, under the right circumstances, me, and in fact, a few S900 users here would, if offered the 76 option, chose that over the 61 S900, as the weight difference would be negligible...

But I guess they'll have to dream...

For all the diehard arranger posters that say they use the 61 quite happily, I would simply point out that, if they use SMF's at all, or play with a live band, the 76 option is by FAR the better choice for a single keyboard rig. Sure, play LH chords and RH solo all night long, 61 does the job just fine. But allow yourself the option of playing under any other but that rigid set of rules, and a 76 offers far more potential to grow into, to improve, and to make music in styles other than OMB arranger play.

Options are what it is all about... Narrowly define HOW you can play, and you narrowly define WHAT you can play.

#230537 - 04/01/08 12:21 AM Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Diki, in regards to that last paragraph.........................................................

SNAP!

(Were we separated at birth or somethin'????)

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#230538 - 04/01/08 04:09 AM Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I see little point in a 76 T2/3... the S900 has most of it's advantages, at under half the price. But I think that quite a few would use a 76 S900 including, under the right circumstances, me, and in fact, a few S900 users here would, if offered the 76 option, chose that over the 61 S900, as the weight difference would be negligible...

But I guess they'll have to dream...

If there is a viable market for a 76 note S-series then Yamaha will make it.

Business runs on profit...not on wishes.

Ian

#230539 - 05/20/08 11:02 AM Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?
Dnj Offline

What "arranger" modules has Yamaha made in the past?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-20-2008).]

#230540 - 05/20/08 12:35 PM Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I'll keep my 61 note Tyros 2. The 76 key thing is not an issue for me, but I'm not buying any more arangers again until either my PA80 or T2 break down. For the small amount of live work I do, either or both are more than adequate.

I don't like styles much at all for studio work. I like Korg's and Roland's better than Yamaha, but in the end none of them allow enough diversity for me to incorporate much or any of them into a studio song. I tried making styles before, even made a few that I liked, but in the end, if I'm creating a style for a specific song idea, I find it to be easier and less work to simply play all the parts in real time, or in the case of drums, sequence them from software like Jamstix or the older versions of Jammer Pro ( version 4 ).

If and when an arranger comes that allows for some real diversity in their styles, in real time, ala a Karma type effect or using a concept like Band in A Box uses where the styles can play different parts randomly or automatically, then I'll consider another arranger purchase. I'm tending to doubt, based what appears to be the target markets, that this will ever happen. I like the BIAB concept, but I've always felt that the best styles are geared towards Jazz genres.. some of them actually can sound fairly good. I've never cared much for their styles in any other genre.

AJ

#230541 - 05/20/08 04:24 PM Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I've made a huge investment of time in converting from T2 to Pa2X, and it's really paying off. So it would take something really special to do it again (the other way).

For me, I really love the 76 keys and song book, so they are tied together. Without a songbook in the T3 it won't even get a look-in with me. OK, maybe when I am blessed to have breakfast with Donny he can take me to try it out......

Graham

#230542 - 05/20/08 05:55 PM Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?
zuki Offline

My vote is to stay with the PA800 over a T3 76 note. Perhaps if they incorporated different drums. But the transition to Korg's more lively/realistic play has been a great ride (for me).

[This message has been edited by zuki (edited 05-20-2008).]

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#230543 - 05/20/08 08:44 PM Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Not a chance I chose the Korg for its feature set especially the workstation features.

I like the Tyros. I sell them. But Yamaha clearly markets them to non professional players and for Studio use. They sell all they make. There is no incentive to make a more expensive 76 key version.

Would you pay $600 more for 15 more keys?
When you cn buy the Korg and Roland for the same price as the Tyros? Not me and I can get Tyros at a tad over dealer cost!!

$600......Thats the difference between the Motif X6 and X7.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#230544 - 05/20/08 08:50 PM Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
. Without a songbook in the T3 it won't even get a look-in with me. OK, maybe when I am blessed to have breakfast with Donny he can take me to try it out......

Graham

Graham your so right Yamaha really needs to UPGRADE their MFD to save ALL parameters including TRANSPOSE...for me its virtually a useless feature as is the sub standard VH.
As for breakfast we always have room at our table for ya

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online