Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?

Posted by: Dnj

Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 08:41 AM

What is it that makes everyone want a YAMAHA 76 arranger versus the ones that are already on the market from other manufacturers......if you get 76 keys from a TOTL Yamaha will that solve all your musical arranger needs....or will you have 76 keys But NOT have all the other great features that are on the others & there are quite a few.....so I hope to hear some logical explanations on this question...

What say you?
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 08:49 AM

Not I..............

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 08:54 AM

There is also enough reasons for me not to even be interested in a Tyros module..I do not care for most of the sounds, styles or drums..The OS does not work for me [probably most are just use to it]..and most likely the module would suffer from less than stellar quality...
Posted by: Ensnareyou

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 09:02 AM

I play a Wersi Abacus Duo Pro OAS 7 that has both a 61 note keyboard, 76 note keyboard, and 25 note pedalboard. Even if Yamaha did offer a new 76 note arranger it couldn't compete with the sound quality or the functionality of the Wersi so there's really no point in me going backwards.

There are other manufacturers besides Yamaha that make cutting edge products but cutting edge technology can cost a lot. Yamaha has a large market share due to their lower priced arrangers which sell well to home players, hobbyists, semi pro's, and the occasional pro, but that doesn't mean they have the best product available. Where Yamaha markets to the masses Wersi markets to those that want what no other arranger has to offer. That may come at a premium but for those that want what no other arranger can do, there are but a few choices to be had.

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 09:09 AM

Ensnareyou great post, & many very good points.....these are the kind on replies I wanted to hear. I hope to hear many many more from other players....
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 09:21 AM

Donny, that's a loaded question.................5 months ago I would have jumped to a 76 key Yamaha arranger in a heartbeat. Now that I've owned a G70, PA800 and Pa2xPro( very happy with the PA2xPro I'm just not sure any more if I'd buy a Yamaha 76 as soon as they hit the street. I do miss 3rd party style and great forum support from http://www.psrtutorial.com

Ironically, it was 3rd party styles for Yamaha that got me restless for a more live sound. That got me to purchase a G70( a fine board incidentally . But it's 20th century way of having to connect to a laptop/PC to make some changes and no USB port was not to my liking. Although, I have to say I got somewhat comfortable to the G70 way and could have kept it and almost did. When you and UD started singing the praises of the PA800 I got interested. Yup, part time musicians like myself do get influenced by the pros who play music full time. I demoed the PA800 and within a short time I knew it was the board for me, I like what I heard. Songbook feature and a newbie to doing vocals made the TC Helicon Vocalizer pretty much a must have.

Fast forward to the Pa2xPro. I have become so accustomed to using the sliders, songbook, feature, great vocal harmonizer, touch screen, good looks, sound and very manageable weight that if I had to make a choice today on what to use based on the Pa2xPro or the same feature set as the Tyros2( with 76 keys added). I would stay with the PA2xPro. That's not to say that next year I'll feel the same way. I have no dreams of any equipment making me a better musician, but some just feels better to play than another brand. If next year there's a 76 key Tyros3 and it feels better to play and it's technology is so advanced, then maybe I'll buy it. But at least for the immediate future the Korg stays.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 03-28-2008).]
Posted by: zuki

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 09:35 AM

After lugging the G70 to UPS I would never entertain a 76 note board to play hour gigs daily, unless it was lightweight and awful special.

61 with speakers (a must) will work for me.

zuki
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 09:49 AM

I would not purchase a 76 key Tyros2. Why, because I don't like 61 key version. It has nothing to do with looks, build quality, Navigation (OS), or number of keys. I just don't like the sound of the styles. I assure you, I would choose a 61 key PA800 over a 76 key Tyros. This assumes that their current approach to styles is carried over to the 76 key model. However, I don't consider my answer valid as I don't/won't use an arranger outside of the studio so my needs are different from a pro OMB.

As I've said many times before, I'd be happiest if all the manufacturers made their TOTL arranger in module format and provided a software template for some standardized super-controller which was available in 61, 76, or 88 key format, with or without built-in speakers. Better yet, just a circuit board that would be hosted by something like Reaktor? or some non-specific (also standardized) hosting 'box'. Of course, this makes way too much sense and as such, will never come to fruition.

chas
Posted by: cassp

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 10:17 AM

I would certainly entertain the idea, but would probably not buy one because of the price and the overall styles. I find I like the Roland styles better. FWIW
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 10:44 AM

Q:
Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?

No, not as long as Yamaha sound as "cold and sharp" as the demoes I've heard.
If they make it sound warmer and more "live" rather than make me feel I'm listening
to a studiopolished CD playing at my stereo, yeah, then maybe I will....

Cheers
GJ
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 11:20 AM

Nope...61 is plenty.

Ian
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 12:00 PM

No Yamaha for me, no matter how many keys!

Russ

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
After lugging the G70 to UPS I would never entertain a 76 note board to play hour gigs daily, unless it was lightweight and awful special.

61 with speakers (a must) will work for me.

zuki

Zuki I undertsand your 61 sentiments exactly, I actually prefere 61 for most of my work....but what does your statement have to do with the Subject title?

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
No Yamaha for me, no matter how many keys!Russ

Russ I wasn't aware you didn't enjoy Yamaha KB's that much....but I understand your comfort zone with Ketron.

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Nope...61 is plenty.

Ian

Ian, I think your reply was for another subject?....

The question is:...........

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Q:

No, not as long as Yamaha sound as "cold and sharp" as the demoes I've heard.
If they make it sound warmer and more "live" rather than make me feel I'm listening
to a studiopolished CD playing at my stereo, yeah, then maybe I will....

Cheers
GJ

GJ....I know exactly what you mean....
I think many have forgotten what a real "LIVE" sound actually is. I listen to some of my recordings with other KB's & say what the heck am I doing playing a S900?

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ian, I think your reply was for another subject?....

The question is:...........

Well Donny, being that you don't currently own a 76 note arranger, I thought it would be okay for me to comment.

Would you dump your Yamaha PSR-S900 for a new Tyros with 76 keys?

Probably not.

Ian

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 02:00 PM

Quote:
...what the heck am I doing playing a S900?

It is the keyboard that is most in your comfort zone, Donny...at least that's how you described it.

Ian
Posted by: KeithB

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 02:01 PM

Yes I'll have a 76 key Tyros. Would sell the Tyros 2 and the Motif XS7 and hopefully come out of it with minimum cost, maybe!
Keith

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 02:31 PM

Quote:
It is the keyboard that is most in your comfort zone, Donny...at least that's how you described it.

Ian

Yes Ian...I'm comfortable playing the S900 as an income vehicle at this time, I make it work for me to a point...but in NO Way am I "In LOVE" with it & will drop it easily without remorse down the road....
I'm just biding my time...& remain in a holding pattern circling until I can land.
Dont get me wrong I wanna love something but just haven't found it yet....I almost bit the bullet with the Pa800 but snapped out of it in time ....just a few more months and the tide will change for sure....dont throw away your original boxes you might need them before you know it !!
Posted by: Diki

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 02:32 PM

Were I to play a REAL OMB low volume type of gig, one hour NH, restaurant or lobby scenario, I probably WOULD get a 76 S900. I don't think there is a better arranger for getting a great guitar backing sound, and for sounding good at low volumes. Most of these gigs you are not TRYING to get a live, punchy, in your face kind of sound. You are SUPPOSED to be polite polished background music, at which Yamaha excel.

I would NOT trade my G70 for it, though. A 76 S900 would be affordable enough to add to my arsenal without losing anything (I wouldn't want to gig in a live band with it!).

Zuki... the 76 note Roland E60 is only three pounds heavier than an S900 (and built like a tank in comparison), so weight, especially as flimsy as Yamaha make them, ought NOT to be a problem...

But yes, I am not making all this noise up just for the sake of rubbing Ian raw! Were Yamaha to make a 76 S900, I WOULD buy one.

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 02:37 PM

Quote:

Yes Ian...I'm comfortable playing the S900 as an income vehicle at this time, I make it work for me to a point...but in NO Way am I "In LOVE" with it & will drop it easily without remorse down the road....
I'm just biding my time...& remain in a holding pattern circling until I can land.
Dont get me wrong I wanna love something but just haven't found it yet....I almost bit the bullet with the Pa800 but snapped out of it in time ....just a few more months and the tide will change for sure....dont throw away your original boxes you might need them before you know it !!

Well Donny, you must agree Yamaha has the best and easiest to use operating system, and the sounds, especially the SA and Mega voices, are miles ahead of anything else.

That's why their arrangers sell so well...that combination is hard to beat.

Ian

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 02:40 PM

Oh, and BTW, if Yamaha didn't cut such terrible corners with their MIDI implementation, crippling the entire series for effective use in a multi-keyboard setup, I would already have an S900 MIDI-ed to my G70 (which DOES have the codes to operate stuff remotely)...

No one arranger does everything well, but lately, it seems like most arranger manufacturers are dropping the very things that would allow us to integrate two (or more!) arrangers, and use each for it's strong points. Either add the codes, or make a module version... One of the two, at least

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But yes, I am not making all this noise up just for the sake of rubbing Ian raw! Were Yamaha to make a 76 S900, I WOULD buy one.

I'm sure you would, Diki...that would be a fine instrument.

Who knows what may lie ahead for the S-series?

Ian

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 02:45 PM

diki you keep sounding dissapointed lacking in the G70 in a way ...reaching out for somthing in the S900?

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 02:48 PM

yeah right Diki..you would really enjoy playing that key bed..

For the sake of maybe 3 or 4 sounds...I wouldn't entertain the idea at all!!!!!!!!

And a better OS is a misguided farce..
Posted by: abacus

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 03:12 PM

Quote:
Oh, and BTW, if Yamaha didn't cut such terrible corners with their MIDI implementation, crippling the entire series for effective use in a multi-keyboard setup, I would already have an S900 MIDI-ed to my G70 (which DOES have the codes to operate stuff remotely)...

No one arranger does everything well, but lately, it seems like most arranger manufacturers are dropping the very things that would allow us to integrate two (or more!) arrangers, and use each for it's strong points. Either add the codes, or make a module version... One of the two, at least :rolleyes:

Curtailing the Midi spec makes sound business sense, as they will make a bigger profit by selling the users a new upgraded keyboard, then they would if the users bought an upgrade from another manufacture.

Bill
Posted by: abacus

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 03:25 PM

Not sure if anybody has noticed with this thread, but only about 2 people have said they would buy a 76 note Tyros, the rest say they would buy one from another manufacture.
So far it seems that Yamaha is correct when they say there is no demand for a 76 note Tyros.

Bill

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
And a better OS is a misguided farce..

Not according to the sales people I work with...they say the biggest complaint about Roland is their OS.

Add to that an arranger section that still has issues that haven't been dealt with, even with the OS 3.01 upgrade, and you hardly have a recipe for smooth and easy operation.

No wonder sales are dismal.

Ian

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 03:38 PM

Ian I disagree the G70 has a great OS ....much easier and more in depth then Yamaha which is basic at best for serious style editing....the touch screen is excellent...

try Eq'ing just a single drum within a set on a Yamaha arranger

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Not sure if anybody has noticed with this thread, but only about 2 people have said they would buy a 76 note Tyros, the rest say they would buy one from another manufacture.
So far it seems that Yamaha is correct when they say there is no demand for a 76 note Tyros.

Bill

You beat me to it, Bill...I thought I was the only one who picked up on it.

Good one.

Ian

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 03:44 PM

I have NEVER put down the S900 with regard to it's guitars, basses and the amazing SA sounds. As a DIRECT comparison with a Roland for the music I do NOW, these do not sway me, but as I quite specifically stated, in the event I need to do a real OMB show (no guitarist to help out), the lack of punchy drums and the polished sound turn finally to ADVANTAGES, and the guitars have no equal.

Please don't lump me in with the 'brand fanatics' here... I am prepared to use whatever is the best for what I am doing at the time. Yes, the keybed will be a step back (but so would moving to ANY other arranger including Rolands!), but the addition of realistic guitars would more than compensate. But the drop to 61, with it's inability to be able to play two handed piano parts make the current S900 a 'pass'.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 03:44 PM

Hi,
no, I wouldn't drop my SD1 for a 76 note Tyros.. I wouldn't even drop my PSR1500 for one.
I'd definately drop the psr for an arranger module version though.

best wishes
Rikki
Posted by: Ensnareyou

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 03:50 PM

Quote:
Well Donny, you must agree Yamaha has the best and easiest to use operating system, and the sounds, especially the SA and Mega voices, are miles ahead of anything else.

That's why their arrangers sell so well...that combination is hard to beat.

Ian

Ian,

Have you played a Wersi OAS 7 instrument? I've owned Yamaha's top arrangers and I can't say they are even on par with the Wersi in sound, OS, ease of use, or build quality. Yamaha makes some nice sounding gear for the price point but in my opinion not comparable to the Wersi by any stretch. Build quality on Yamaha arrangers is sub par compared to many other manufacturers. Spending $2K or more for a plastic toy isn't my idea of money well spent.

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:

Ian,

Have you played a Wersi OAS 7 instrument? I've owned Yamaha's top arrangers and I can't say they are even on par with the Wersi in sound, OS, ease of use, or build quality. Yamaha makes some nice sounding gear for the price point but in my opinion not comparable to the Wersi by any stretch. Build quality on Yamaha arrangers is sub par compared to many other manufacturers. Spending $2K or more for a plastic toy isn't my idea of money well spent.

No I haven't played a Wersi...we don't see them in my neck of the woods.

I imagine it is a fine instrument...it would have to be impressive at that lofty price point.

They do seem to have their own market niche and a loyal following.

Ian

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 05:34 PM

Quote:

Zuki I undertsand your 61 sentiments exactly, I actually prefere 61 for most of my work....but what does your statement have to do with the Subject title?

Excuse me...........good grief. I'm not responding to any more of your stupid posts.

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Excuse me...........good grief. I'm not responding to any more of your stupid posts.

Zuki ....whats sa matter you sound angry...
I simply asked one question & got an answer that doesnt pertain to my inquiry reread the subject..
Out of respect to Nigel this stupid poster will not entertain your reply any further.

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 06:03 PM

My answer was in line and relative to the question. You just don't get it sometimes.

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 06:06 PM

Quote:
Out of respect to Nigel this stupid poster will not entertain your reply any further.

Nigel? I thought this was your forum.
Posted by: to the genesys

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:

Bill

Although the question was “Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys?”.

The answers do not say much for a Yamaha 76 key arranger it only address those who would switch over from one brand that has 76 key to a next.

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 03/28/08 09:51 PM

I see little point in a 76 T2/3... the S900 has most of it's advantages, at under half the price. The T2 sampler is unusable live for anything more than really basic stuff, and that's the only feature that has any real appeal to me. I have NEVER claimed to need this one particular arranger, and feel it would be a mistake for Yamaha to test the 76 waters with an overpriced TOTL only. But I think that quite a few would use a 76 S900 including, under the right circumstances, me, and in fact, a few S900 users here would, if offered the 76 option, chose that over the 61 S900, as the weight difference would be negligible...

But I guess they'll have to dream...

For all the diehard arranger posters that say they use the 61 quite happily, I would simply point out that, if they use SMF's at all, or play with a live band, the 76 option is by FAR the better choice for a single keyboard rig. Sure, play LH chords and RH solo all night long, 61 does the job just fine. But allow yourself the option of playing under any other but that rigid set of rules, and a 76 offers far more potential to grow into, to improve, and to make music in styles other than OMB arranger play.

Options are what it is all about... Narrowly define HOW you can play, and you narrowly define WHAT you can play.
Posted by: hellboy44

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 04/01/08 12:21 AM

Diki, in regards to that last paragraph.........................................................

SNAP!

(Were we separated at birth or somethin'????)

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 04/01/08 04:09 AM

Quote:
I see little point in a 76 T2/3... the S900 has most of it's advantages, at under half the price. But I think that quite a few would use a 76 S900 including, under the right circumstances, me, and in fact, a few S900 users here would, if offered the 76 option, chose that over the 61 S900, as the weight difference would be negligible...

But I guess they'll have to dream...

If there is a viable market for a 76 note S-series then Yamaha will make it.

Business runs on profit...not on wishes.

Ian

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 05/20/08 11:02 AM

What "arranger" modules has Yamaha made in the past?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-20-2008).]
Posted by: Bluezplayer

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 05/20/08 12:35 PM

I'll keep my 61 note Tyros 2. The 76 key thing is not an issue for me, but I'm not buying any more arangers again until either my PA80 or T2 break down. For the small amount of live work I do, either or both are more than adequate.

I don't like styles much at all for studio work. I like Korg's and Roland's better than Yamaha, but in the end none of them allow enough diversity for me to incorporate much or any of them into a studio song. I tried making styles before, even made a few that I liked, but in the end, if I'm creating a style for a specific song idea, I find it to be easier and less work to simply play all the parts in real time, or in the case of drums, sequence them from software like Jamstix or the older versions of Jammer Pro ( version 4 ).

If and when an arranger comes that allows for some real diversity in their styles, in real time, ala a Karma type effect or using a concept like Band in A Box uses where the styles can play different parts randomly or automatically, then I'll consider another arranger purchase. I'm tending to doubt, based what appears to be the target markets, that this will ever happen. I like the BIAB concept, but I've always felt that the best styles are geared towards Jazz genres.. some of them actually can sound fairly good. I've never cared much for their styles in any other genre.

AJ
Posted by: PraiseTheLord

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 05/20/08 04:24 PM

I've made a huge investment of time in converting from T2 to Pa2X, and it's really paying off. So it would take something really special to do it again (the other way).

For me, I really love the 76 keys and song book, so they are tied together. Without a songbook in the T3 it won't even get a look-in with me. OK, maybe when I am blessed to have breakfast with Donny he can take me to try it out......

Graham

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 05/20/08 05:55 PM

My vote is to stay with the PA800 over a T3 76 note. Perhaps if they incorporated different drums. But the transition to Korg's more lively/realistic play has been a great ride (for me).

[This message has been edited by zuki (edited 05-20-2008).]
Posted by: Kingfrog

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 05/20/08 08:44 PM

Not a chance I chose the Korg for its feature set especially the workstation features.

I like the Tyros. I sell them. But Yamaha clearly markets them to non professional players and for Studio use. They sell all they make. There is no incentive to make a more expensive 76 key version.

Would you pay $600 more for 15 more keys?
When you cn buy the Korg and Roland for the same price as the Tyros? Not me and I can get Tyros at a tad over dealer cost!!

$600......Thats the difference between the Motif X6 and X7.

Re: Would you Drop your current 76 key Arranger for a New Yamaha TYROS with 76 Keys? - 05/20/08 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
. Without a songbook in the T3 it won't even get a look-in with me. OK, maybe when I am blessed to have breakfast with Donny he can take me to try it out......

Graham

Graham your so right Yamaha really needs to UPGRADE their MFD to save ALL parameters including TRANSPOSE...for me its virtually a useless feature as is the sub standard VH.
As for breakfast we always have room at our table for ya