SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#227152 - 02/17/08 11:56 AM Re: Another one bites the dust!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
That's OK Tony -
It's quite entertaining for the rest of us

that's what I've always promoted myself as, zuki, an ENTERTAINER !!! ...
T.

#227153 - 02/17/08 12:02 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Chas, I often thought you read too much into what other's are implying...not always..but often...

There are a few guys here that do have a underlying message when they try to cut you down...these are the same people that wouldn't even look you in the eye ..face to face..let alone "bad mouth" you...

Along the same lines..There have been many negative comments of other folks playing skills...One thing I have noticed in real life...Great players..even just good players...never belittle an other's playing skills....Maybe they don't have to prove themselves to anyone...Perhaps there is a message in the comments that skill basher's post..Perhaps they are really not "players" at all..

This is not directed at any one person.. ..more like several..

#227154 - 02/17/08 12:07 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
Name the big differences.

1) For THIS singer, the PA800 harmonizer is much better. The add-on board did not come close to the smoothness and blend that I get with the PA800.
2) Clumsy - it's been a while, but that's the only woirld I can think of right now. There were things that didn't feel natural to me. Can't honestlt say what they were.....piano sound was thicker, the cutting off of certain sounds...the inability to switch between song and live mode ..... little things like that.
3) weight - well, with all the extra poundage, my 800 sounds better than the pro speakers. That's personal, of course, but if the manufacturer says it's better...I guess their UNbiased view is the truth, right?

I just love this thing, and I would not trade back for the 1x for any money.

#227155 - 02/17/08 12:44 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
One thing I have noticed in real life...Great players..even just good players...never belittle an other's playing skills.... Maybe they don't have to prove themselves to anyone... Perhaps there is a message in the comments that skill basher's post..Perhaps they are really not "players" at all..

This is not directed at any one person.. ..more like several..

You know Fran, one of the things that I have noticed in real life, also, is that when a player of somewhat lesser talent DOES talk to a great player (or even a good one), they have a tendency to not tell the skilled player just how wrong his equipment choice might be, or to offer inexhaustible advice on how to operate his keyboard better...

Most of them just want to hear what the GOOD player has to say. You know, like they might like to learn something I know it's how I feel in the presence of great playing ability...

"Now, this is not directed at any one person.. ..more like several.."

#227156 - 02/17/08 01:53 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
zuki, I can understand your frustration. I found working with the Tyros2 very easy, and was happy with the result (mostly). The transition to the Korg has been hard work, and I still have a long way to go before I will easily find my way around making the sounds I want.

However, I have to say that what I have done so far has definitely given me a better sound than I had on the Yamaha. My wife (a great and trusted source for honest feedback), members of our praise band/ choir, and today some of the congregation have all remarked on the improvement.

So I must be doing something right, and it is giving me the motivation to go on. Now the question is can I make the next transition to gig with the new Pa2XPro, where I typically will do 20+ songs in a set compared to the 10 (5 new each week) I do at church each week.

I did download and load the additional styles posted by Dede on www.createsongstyles.com. I understand they are some additional styles from Pa1X or other Pa series products, that are not on the PA800 or Pa2XPro. Anyway, I found them a really good add, and gave some additional variety. You have to remember they don't have an Ending3!

There are a whole bunch of other styles on that web site from 9000Pro, Technics, G-70. Don't know how good they are, but that's another source. Might be a gem or two.

Once I have a bunch of songs in the songbook, maybe a good selection of favorite performance settings, I think I'll find life easier. I hope.

I am also enjoying the 76 keys and the keybed feel, so that is giving me a spur too (hope the firmer feel won't bring back my tennis elbow I had 3 years ago!).

Graham

#227157 - 02/17/08 02:27 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Fran, the man. Fran, here is the hard truth. If you expect to get through life bash-free, you're going to be in for a lot more disappointments. When you put a piece of music out there for public consumption, you can bet that at least ONE person is going to tell you how it REALLY sounds (as opposed to how you THINK it sounds). I've had more than one GOOD musician tell me that I needed to go back and 'shed' some more. We were trying to get something done and I wasn't hacking it. It stung a little at first but I did go back to the 'woodshed' and emerged at least somewhat better. While I agree that negative feedback needn't be done in a mocking way, it's up to you to decide how you're going to use it. As far as all this other testosterone-laden talk of not "bad-mouthing you face-to-face" and stuff; well, frankly, that just sounds childish. I don't know anyone whose music sucks to the point that I'm willing to fight them; well maybe William Hung or Cher......or.....Bruce Katz (kidding, kidding ). Peace, my brother.

YES WE CAN.

chas

#227158 - 02/17/08 02:29 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
zuki Offline

Hi Graham,

The PA800 is a love/hate relationship. Some of the sounds/styles really blow me away, but it overall is just not what I can use for my needs. Even if I had the time, it is just not my cup of tea.

Heck, my 900 works great live (and I have the luxury of using this until I find a more suitable board), but others wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole

I'd like to thank Stephen, Rikki, Donny and a few others who helped me explore the 800.

So....I'm off to something entirely new (yikes) next week and this time will reserve judgement for a couple months.

One thing for sure, the excitement is still alive and well.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#227159 - 02/17/08 02:31 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:

So I must be doing something right, and it is giving me the motivation to go on. Now the question is can I make the next transition to gig with the new Pa2XPro, where I typically will do 20+ songs in a set compared to the 10 (5 new each week) I do at church each week.

I did download and load the additional styles posted by Dede on www.createsongstyles.com. I understand they are some additional styles from Pa1X or other Pa series products, that are not on the PA800 or Pa2XPro. Anyway, I found them a really good add, and gave some additional variety. You have to remember they don't have an Ending3!

There are a whole bunch of other styles on that web site from 9000Pro, Technics, G-70. Don't know how good they are, but that's another source. Might be a gem or two.

Once I have a bunch of songs in the songbook, maybe a good selection of favorite performance settings, I think I'll find life easier. I hope.

Graham

Graham, I would say you're right on track and once you enter more songbook entries you'll be ready to go. I find the Songbook feature very helpful. I too downloaded some styles from the Create Styles site, some very usable styles. For a few moments I thought my ending 3 button malfunctioned. Good Luck

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online