SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#226350 - 02/06/08 10:43 AM Why I decided to sell the E-60
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
A few of you, have asked why did I decide to sell my E-60...so here is my reasoning..

First off..the E-60 is a super keyboard, and my decision to sell was not an easy one...in fact I actually placed it on Ebay as a test sale..I have done this before to see the strength of a saleable item...Well I can tell you now ..it is a saleable item...in fact I could have sold three of them[interested people]..

Here are some of my deciding factors..[without giving Diki too much credit].. ]

The weight factor between the E-60 and G70 ..is large...on the surface..

The problem arises in the overall picture..let me just make a statement first..

When we look at what the E-60 does..it does it great[maybe the best for the money]..What it can't do, we need to add other gear to do the job..Here lies the problem for me..

Mainly the lack of the mic input necessitates carrying a mixer with effects..and if I needed the harmonizer...another piece of equipment..

The lack of audio inputs[for a laptop], also necessitates the mixer..

Now the weight issue has reversed..and the all in one G70 [with the other sound advantages and features, as the extra keyboard parts, and audio effects]..comes out the easy winner for me..

I even considered using the E-60 with the Roland cube 60 [spring reverb] for small jobs....but still to many sacrifices for me..overall..

The G70 allows me to mix all my gear with in the G70...levels for all the instrument parts, levels for mic and harmony, levels for laptop ..all right there on the keyboard...

This is my comfort zone...So although I will miss the E-60 for what it does...I won't miss it for what it doesn't do..

17 pounds more for the keyboard, but saving all the other hassles with extra gear to set up....G70 travels with me..all the time...Now about those roadies..

#226351 - 02/06/08 11:13 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Better watch yourself, Fran. You may have contracted something from one of your friends(wishy-washy-itis). I think you should try to find another G1000. Then you could just recycle all your old posts.

chas

#226352 - 02/06/08 11:17 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Tin Offline

Quote:
A few of you, have asked why did I decide to sell my E-60

And a lot of us don't care.

#226353 - 02/06/08 11:41 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Fran, I completely understand your stated reasons, BUT I thought the e60 was for your band jobs, not your solo gigs. Almost everything you say regarding the minuses of the e60 are minimal except for the harmonizer if you're working with a group and a PA system. But if you feel more comfortable with the G70, then no firther reasons are necessary.

I don't really care why you sold it and it's nobody's business but your own. I do think what you say holds true for you, even in your band setup. As the song says, love the one you're with. So stick with the G70 and enjoy what you're doing. Use the roadies.

Anyway, your selling price, just made my e60 purchase that much sweeter. What a deal I got!

#226354 - 02/06/08 11:50 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tin:
And a lot of us don't care.

Cared enough to respond..

Cass, You are correct , it was more than enough with the band..except the convenience of the audio input and control of the laptop..that is a main stay with the band..

#226355 - 02/06/08 12:15 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
tin,
since you do not care, you could as well skip the subject. no need to let us know that you dont care. you're only waisting my/our time.

fran,
what would be next? honestly, i envy you (in a good way!) for doing this! i'd love changing keyboards as fast as you and donny for that matter do.

#226356 - 02/06/08 12:27 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Rationalization is the process of constructing a logical justification for a belief, decision, action or lack thereof that was originally arrived at through a different mental process.

This process can be in a range from fully conscious (e.g. to present an external defense against ridicule from others) to mostly subconscious (e.g. to create a block against internal feelings of guilt).

#226357 - 02/06/08 12:42 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
tin,
since you do not care, you could as well skip the subject. no need to let us know that you dont care. you're only waisting my/our time.

fran,
what would be next? honestly, i envy you (in a good way!) for doing this! i'd love changing keyboards as fast as you and donny for that matter do.

Adi, I agree. As for the future, Fran has been pretty consistent with his G1000 and G70 keyboards. Of what I know of the ol' guy, my guess would be nothing new unless it's Roland and a marked improvement over the G70.

As for the abundance of keyboards, I was just sitting here wondering the same thing and came to the conclusion the all of us here suffer from an abundance of time and money. The money issue can be argued, but we all seem to have enough of it to buy what we want when we want it. It just so happens that Donny and others (me included this year) like to switch out arrangers for one reason or another.

And in the end... if you pamper your equipment and are shrewd, you can recoup most or all your expenses when reselling... the love you take is equal to the love you make.

#226358 - 02/06/08 12:42 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Fran Carango Offline

Ian, you learned that in Yamaha training course..didn't you?

Adi, I very reluctantly sold the E-60..I do not have anything in mind to buy next..The E-60 was the closest thing to the G70 for me, and in the end I missed the things I mentioned...

I hope you and Cass , as well as others keep the E-60's..It is a great instrument...

Keep in mind when I find something I really like ..I keep it as long as practical..My G1000 [9 years], My Roland cubes [22 years].. My accordion [45 years]..My favorite truck [29 years], and my wife [almost 45 years]..

#226359 - 02/06/08 12:49 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Ian, you learned that in Yamaha training course..didn't you?

No Fran...actually, I learned all about it by watching you and Donny.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online