SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#222539 - 12/07/07 10:17 AM Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Just got off the phone with my Rep, apparantley I have sold a pretty good amount of PA800s that they want me to go to Korg's Headquarters in New York for training and discussions on improvments and other suggestions for current and upcoming arrangers.

Any thing i should ask?

#222540 - 12/07/07 10:40 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Frankiev
Congratulations on being chosen. As a relatively new dealer, you are doing a bang up business for Korg. Of course, the great line doesn't hurt.

The only thing I can think of is the lack of additional styles, like Christmas. I know one can make their own, but some are not so inclined.

BTW I saw your picture and you look like a nice guy. That coupled with the good comments I've seen, indicates you will be much larger soon.

Bernie

#222541 - 12/07/07 10:48 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Thanks for the kind words.

That was one of my suggestions of certain lacking styles in the Korg line.

Let's see if they actually listen, I think they will

#222542 - 12/07/07 11:12 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I know styles change and even Roland and Yamaha try to make their arrangers look cutting edge, BUT I would prefer keyboard styling that was more professional looking than showy. Blue is OK, so is silver or black, even that deep cherry Korg had on the Karma, but to mix colors begs for a sense of fashion, which I don't think should be part of the arranger. FWIW.

Angular lines as opposed to bubbles and big rounded edges.

#222543 - 12/07/07 11:22 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ask Korg to address the audio input problem and the loss of one of the 4 effect blocks while using the harmonizer....Also improve the key touch..it should be better in this price range...maybe then I will take another look at the PA800..

#222544 - 12/07/07 11:31 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Just got off the phone with my Rep, apparantley I have sold a pretty good amount of PA800s that they want me to go to Korg's Headquarters in New York for training and discussions on improvments and other suggestions for current and upcoming arrangers.

Any thing i should ask?

Way to go Frank, congratulations. Let's see wasn't there a band named Frankie goes to........never mind that was Hollywood not New York. I agree with Bernie maybe a few more Christmas styles, but then again I found work arounds and other styles that work for Christmas.

#222545 - 12/07/07 12:03 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You MIGHT suggest they take a look at re-voicing ALL their styles to avoid the 'jumpy fill' problem, much discussed...

In fact, upping the fills from a meager three might be the main thing to get them above the competition...

Oh, and while you are at it, how about them bringing back the Chord Sequencer they USED to have in the i-series, or even better, take a look at how Roland implemented it...

And how about a Karma arpeggiator?

#222546 - 12/07/07 12:36 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
How about a buy one get one free promotion..

#222547 - 12/07/07 01:20 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Dnj Offline

Pa800 is perfect nuff said.

#222548 - 12/07/07 04:13 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
yes the the chord seq, should be back ,benno

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online