SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#219794 - 02/13/06 05:57 PM To: Z-5500 owners ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... F Y I
As mentioned in another thread, I spent a good part of Sunday converting my 55s to 1/4" plugs ... Well, when I went to test them I was getting distortion through the sats, like the spkrs were over loaded ... of course I figured I screwed it up somehow...
I called Logitech customer service and the tech told me to turn off the control pod and press 'input' and 'settings' ... that showed the "software rev #" (I think mine was 2.0.4) ... and he had me try the spkrs again ... no improvement ...he then had me press 'input' and 'effects' and it showed "Diagnostics test" ... he then had me try it again, and voila, the problem was gone .. It seems this sets the unit back to the factory settings ... I still don't know if I did anything wrong, but at least the problem is gone ...
t.

#219795 - 02/13/06 07:24 PM Re: To: Z-5500 owners ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
No question in my mind that Logitech has the best customer service in the electronics industry. If they cannot fix it over the phone, they'll send you a new one--not just a part, but a complete, brand-new system. I, and many others have been amazed at how Logitech is willing to go the extra mile to keep their customers happy.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online