SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#219530 - 08/27/02 10:17 AM Contacted Yamaha regarding syncing with drum machines
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I've contacted Yamaha regarding this issue, and hopefully they get back to me.. Lately I've been pissed off with them because every time I email them a question they ask me to register my keyboard before getting an answer.. I've registered the damn thing 3 times already and they still bug me about it and won't answer some of my questions.. When and if they do reply I'll inform everyone here..
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#219531 - 08/27/02 10:27 AM Re: Contacted Yamaha regarding syncing with drum machines
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Good job! can't wait to hear what they gonna say.

#219532 - 08/28/02 01:25 PM Re: Contacted Yamaha regarding syncing with drum machines
squeak_D Offline

I'm starting to think that Yamaha isn't going to reply to my question. I haven't even got their standard reply saying that they recieved my request and someone will be contacting me... It seems like Yamaha only likes to answer questions that involve them entirely.. I bet if I said I wanted to hook up a "Yamaha" drum machine to my PSR, I would have at least got the standard reply that they recieved my question... Honestly if they do reply and tell me I cannot connect the two, this will be the last Yamaha keyboard I buy. These drum kits are just getting WAY too old for me.. There's no room for expansion or the option to even edit them. I've had several of their keyboards (even a top line synth) and I think it's time for a change when I get another one. I'd love to have the PA-60, but that's WAY out of my price range..... Maybe when my daughter goes off to college That'll be in about 18 years from now..
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#219533 - 08/28/02 01:35 PM Re: Contacted Yamaha regarding syncing with drum machines
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Squeak,
this one should be your next buy!
http://www.elektron.se/

#219534 - 08/28/02 01:48 PM Re: Contacted Yamaha regarding syncing with drum machines
squeak_D Offline

Freddynl,
I actually read a complete review on that machine in Keyboard Magazine... I got goosebumps just from reading it too.. That's an awsome drum machine.. It has recording capabilities that far exceed so many drum machines on the market now.. Its price isn't too bad either.. I think it's something like $1,100

#219535 - 08/28/02 03:55 PM Re: Contacted Yamaha regarding syncing with drum machines
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Freddynl,
I actually read a complete review on that machine in Keyboard Magazine... I got goosebumps just from reading it too.. That's an awsome drum machine.. It has recording capabilities that far exceed so many drum machines on the market now.. Its price isn't too bad either.. I think it's something like $1,100

actually I'm thinking of ordering one.
there's an instrument patch available for sonor/cakewalk.
It's about time I say goodbye to my roland R 8. the only thing I'm cheqing out if I can trigger everything of the machine thru Sonar, as I hate the small lcd screens, so I compose all my drums on PC.
(love that triton 21")

And I was very impressed too by the revieuws.

Fred

#219536 - 08/29/02 06:13 AM Re: Contacted Yamaha regarding syncing with drum machines
squeak_D Offline

Well it's been a couple days now and still no reply from Yamaha.. They really get on my nerves sometimes with their online support. They probably won't reply to my question because I refused to register my keyboard after already registering it 3 times with them.. Twice online and once with a mail in registration card.. The PSR-550 is the last Yamaha keyboard I will ever buy.. It's time to move on to something different...

#219537 - 08/29/02 08:30 AM Re: Contacted Yamaha regarding syncing with drum machines
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Squeak,
I just sent an email to a friend of mine at Yamaha to see if I can help get you an answer! I'm good with keyboards, but only have limited knowledge of syncing and using midi with computers. I hope this helps.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#219538 - 08/29/02 10:01 AM Re: Contacted Yamaha regarding syncing with drum machines
squeak_D Offline

Thanks George! It's nice having people like you on this forum..... Again, Thanks

Squeak

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online