SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#106624 - 08/26/02 07:33 AM help with Hd
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I had a friend put a HD in the 130. WOW!! Thats scary under the hood. Will this thing keep playing ok? Now I'm afraid to touch it.

Please help with suggestions for setting up the HD. I get confused with setting up directories etc.

I have Midi files off the net of course to sing and play along with. I have BSQs' for playing my sax. I also have some jazz stuff I did with Band In A Box for more of a variety that I also use for playing my sax.

I suppose I should do a directory for midis' to do vocals and a directory for midis' to play sax? Perhaps keep th BIAB stuff seperate?

I'm confused about the BSQs'. Should I save them in sets of 10 under different directories such as ballads-uptempo-Rock&roll etc? I really need help with puting Bsqs' on the HD.

All suggestions welcomed. Anyone is welcomed to email me with directions and such.

Thanks for all the help in the past.
Boo

#106625 - 08/29/02 05:06 AM Re: help with Hd
waightkl Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK
I too am just about to get a HD for my KN6500. I can't claim to be any sort of expert, but what I'm going to do is:
Have 4 top level directories:

1. "Full" - Used for "full" files which will play by themselves. Of course one can always switch out different parts so that you can add your live input. If you ever want files that will just play, for example to listen to to get ideas, or to provide background music then it is useful to group these together.

2. "Backing" files - Which will contain part files, so that you have to add your lead part

3. "Style" files - Which will contain pure rythm styles

4. "Voices" files - Which will contain pure sound, effects etc. set-ups

Under each of these directories I'm going to have sub-directories sorted by the types of music I like to play. e.g. Slow Jazz, Ballad, Big Band etc. and under these will go the actual files.

This is my "starter for 10". I daresay it will all change later on, but it seems to follow how I actually structure my playing.

Hope this helps.

Keith

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online