SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#92364 - 08/28/02 11:10 AM WK6 problems...
DolceD Offline

I wonder if anybody can help me. I have a GEM WK6 keyboard and its died on me whilst playing. What happened, the screen had totally cut out along with the rest of the keyboard, however, the red lights of the keyboard still lights up. Because its no longer under warranty, we had a look inside to see if there was anything obvious wrong, and we found a couple of fuses had blown. These were replaced, however, when turning on the keyboard, only the red lights of the buttons light up and nothing else. The screen seems a "dim" blue and is totally inactive as well. Ive tried to reload the operating system by doing the power on reset turning the wheel thing and there is absolutely no response.

Is there anything I can do, or does it require an engineer to look at it? Does anybody know whats actually gone wrong with the thing?

#92365 - 08/29/02 10:21 AM Re: WK6 problems...
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Hi dolce, it seems you have a problem there,Because the red light is on, means nothing. To have blown 2 fuses you must have had a big fault there. I worked on a lot of WK4 and 8 but not wk6 but I would suggest to you to take it to a good and if possible a GEM Technician might be nothing and might be somethig serious, But don't play around with it if you're not an Electronic Technician, cause it could cost you a fortune if you mess with it.
Best of luck.
Tony

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online