SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#215493 - 10/01/04 01:27 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Obviously, Cass is my first name and P is the first letter of my last name, so...

I've messed around with Caspian Music and CassP and Music, but the name of my band is Token, not Tokin'. Soometimes people ask if we're the 'LionSleeps Tonight' group, but we're obvioously not.

cassp works for me, cuz it's almost always available - except on hotmail or yahoo.

#215494 - 10/01/04 01:48 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
My real name is Herco de Boer - not really a name I like to use on a forum. Usually I think of a name when I register to a forum.
Drdalet I use frequently nowadays.
I work with a national Dutch broadcast company as an engineer. At the moment my main task is administrator of a computer system called Dalet . I also teach people how to work with the system and I help people when they get into trouble with it. I also think of all kinds of solutions to make their work easier. So someone called me "doctor Dalet", and when I registered for the Dalet forum, this is what I came up with: drdalet.
I use it now for all kinds of forums.

------------------
drdalet

#215495 - 10/01/04 02:18 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Well mine was really easy. Squeak is "my real" nick name. I've been called Squeak for years. Even my professors at college address my by my nickname. I've had the nickname Squeak for nearly 25 years now I added the _D at the end because my real name is Daniel. Hell even my wife's mother and her sisters call me Squeakie.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#215496 - 10/01/04 03:32 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
The kids who work at the restaurant I play at gave me my name 13 years ago. Because the job was outside, I wore a greek firshemans' hat. A week later, everyone... all the staff and customers were referring to me as "captain". Most don't know my real name. Unfortunately, the IRS does.

Oh well...

Russ

#215497 - 10/01/04 04:09 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
My member name is really my first and my last name!

Luis Santos

#215498 - 10/01/04 04:13 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
mine rikkisbears, is also my hotmail address. I just found it easier to use that , than create a new name. Reason for the strange name (actually it's Rikki's Bears,) I was making & selling miniature teddy bears on ebay (Hobby). Now the music bug's bitten again, I'm back to music hobby ( plus the odd bear).

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#215499 - 10/01/04 04:16 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Try sneezing while sitting at a drum set, and you come down hard on the kick pedal.
No seriously, it was a lot easier than "Hey Nonny Ding Dong...a Lang a Lang a Lang". Unfortunately the younger members out there will have no idea what I'm talking about.
....Leon

#215500 - 10/01/04 04:22 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Well my id stands for "Keyboard Rocker". I chose this name because I've been called a Rock and Roll keyboardist due to my boogie-woogie riffs.

My other username is PerfectGroover because of my flawless timing on the drums.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#215501 - 10/01/04 05:19 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hi,
my first name beginns with R, my family name with F, therefore I use in many forums RF.
Here is a name like this forbidden, so I modified this name.

------------------
Regards
RF

#215502 - 10/01/04 05:58 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
I remember doing this here a while back. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/005801.html

I am a professional Magician and thus use Magic on an almost daily basis. I have performing magic now for over 40 years. Yes, I started very young!

Since it is a User name it made sense to me.

- Brian

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online