SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#215437 - 01/19/05 07:46 AM What program are you guys using to change voices on midi files?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Do you guys use the onboard sequencers or outboard for the Tyros and PA1?

#215438 - 01/19/05 08:25 AM Re: What program are you guys using to change voices on midi files?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Outboard I use powertracks pro, it's cheap, and easy, (probably because I've used it for years and it's easier to learn the updates than a whole new program.) and it does everything I need. http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm.

#215439 - 01/19/05 08:46 AM Re: What program are you guys using to change voices on midi files?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Can you get program names list to add to the program , I have the program and never figured out how to do anything more the GM sounds list

#215440 - 01/19/05 08:58 AM Re: What program are you guys using to change voices on midi files?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I use Cakewalk/Sonar, (I have some of them, but, actually I use the 3.0 version, is the best for midi editing) with the Instrument definitions, you can use beyond the GM sounds, you get ALL those nicer sounds, usually you download those "Instrument definitions" and paste them into the folder of the program already installed, you double click the "patch" and press configure, import and is all-ready to go....let me know if you need more help.

------------------
mdorantes

#215441 - 01/19/05 09:01 AM Re: What program are you guys using to change voices on midi files?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
under options you can choose patch names to xg.
But to keep it simple I use Tyros, I looked in the data list found out the numbers for the voices I wanted and I enter them manually in the track. For me thats not a problem because I use midis for covers so I tend to use the same voices. I use the same drum kit, same horns, same bass. I like to leave my midis pretty generic so if, or should I say when, I switch keyboards I don't have to redo everything.
But I also use the auto revoice on the tyros.
I think your talking about program definition files, I don't know about them. if you already have the program just goto the web site and ask them, I have found those guys to be great at answering questions. a couple times I've emailed them and they even called me on the phone to discuss it.

If you do ask them please let us know what you find out.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 01-19-2005).]

#215442 - 01/19/05 12:17 PM Re: What program are you guys using to change voices on midi files?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
On Korgs you select the midi track which displays the pre selected sound then select the sound you want and it will replace it. If you want to save the settings you choose go into song mode and save it, you have to do it in song mode to save it.

#215443 - 01/19/05 02:01 PM Re: What program are you guys using to change voices on midi files?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I do all the edits on the keyboard...it is faster and easier{G1000}...

#215444 - 01/19/05 03:46 PM Re: What program are you guys using to change voices on midi files?
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
I was doing all editing on the pc....Until just a couple of days ago.
Now I do all revoicing/volume/pan/effects etc right on the psr 2100. It is not dificult when you learn how. I have yet to get into the lyric inputing/editing, but that will be next. Plus I am sure this info will be helpful when I attempt creating my own midi files right on the keyboard.

p.s. Here is a link to yamaha's knowledge pages for different models. It is where I easily followed the directions to edit midi files on my 2100. http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/C DA/Kno...ectAreas=400445
------------------
The old Newb

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 01-19-2005).]

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 01-19-2005).]

#215445 - 01/20/05 03:20 AM Re: What program are you guys using to change voices on midi files?
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Hey Old Newb - I'd be interested to know how you get on entering lyrics into songs for your PSR. I presume you will use a PC program as entering text on the Tyros is pretty slow and painful for large amounts of text.

Cheers - KFingers

#215446 - 01/20/05 05:20 AM Re: What program are you guys using to change voices on midi files?
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
PSR users should be aware that you will not achieve the same results when you change Preset Voices on the PC versus changing them on the instrument.

This is because the process in the instrument also selects DSP effects and eq. When you make changes in a PC program, only the basic voice gets changed. Effects are not added or changed. The results can be strange as well as disappointing.

Regards,

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online