SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213978 - 04/16/07 05:07 AM Will someone help me please
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
The lady in Austria turns out to be my sister from WWII.

She has msn messenger and skype. Can someone help me figure out how to set this up and use. She uses a translation program as she does not speak English.
If I get help I will request to have Nigel delete this post. So sorry there is much resource here besides music.

thanks so much for your kindness,
Boo

#213979 - 04/16/07 03:02 PM Re: Will someone help me please
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo,

Your best bet would be to find a friend that speaks German. Actually Eric B. is from Germany. Maybe he could help.

Tom

Tom

#213980 - 04/16/07 03:27 PM Re: Will someone help me please
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
IF you're asking how to set up skype it 's pretty easy just download the program follow the directions, Fran helped walk me through it.
The toughest part for me was setting up the headset I ended up going to radio shack and bought a 14.99 usb headset, I had another one but I didn't want to keep turning the computer around to plug it in the sound card and then unplug it to use the speakers.

If you're asking about the translation program that I don't know.

Msn messenger was also easy to set up, download and install.

#213981 - 04/17/07 07:34 AM Re: Will someone help me please
brickboo Offline

Angelika decided it would be too much trouble to use her translation program and do messenger at the same time for her.
Thanks so much for the help. I will now email Nigel to remove this post so as not to bother folks.
thanks again,
Boo

#213982 - 04/17/07 03:59 PM Re: Will someone help me please
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Wow Boo...is this a sister you didn't know you had?

#213983 - 04/17/07 08:41 PM Re: Will someone help me please
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Boo,
if you both have skype we could set up a three way conversation.
I speak german and english.

E-mail me if you like: nlight@avenuecable.com

Eric

#213984 - 04/19/07 01:28 PM Re: Will someone help me please
brickboo Offline

Eric Thanks so much for the offer. She decided that translation and such may be more then she can handle on a live messenger. So she now has a translation program and it's been working out fine through email. I think she wants to come to New Orleans.

If she changes her mind I'll sure get in touch with you. Thanks friend.

Fran my Dad's unit was the first to cross the river into Germany and aided in freeing the consecration camps and then went to Austria to take care of refugees and his job was delivering food in a truck.
He and Angelika's mom Annie met in june of 1945 she was a recently released German prisoner by the British. My Dad was ordered back to the states in February of 1946.
Angelika was born in August 1946. She had been looking for my dad for years but was spelling Hargis (Haiges)

You should hear her story. This story is made for a Hallmark production but I don't know anyone from hollywood. I don't know if I'd be thrilled by a movie though because I'd want John Wayne to play my part. Ha! Ha!

#213985 - 04/20/07 03:22 AM Re: Will someone help me please
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Boo,
WRITE THE STORY !!!!!!
Publish it right here, for us !

#213986 - 04/20/07 02:04 PM Re: Will someone help me please
brickboo Offline

Dave,

Thanks so much for the kind words. Make Fran print out the two emails for you to read when you guys get together.

Can you carry a tune in a bucket yet? Ha! Ha! Old Friend!! Best wishes,
Boo

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online