SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213616 - 07/11/06 03:32 PM Questions re: PSR E403
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Anyone here, by chance, have answers???

1. Can you revoice MIDI files or are you stuck with GM voices on downloaded song files?

2. Can the (6) individual track volumes be changed after recording?

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#213617 - 07/12/06 11:26 AM Re: Questions re: PSR E403
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
Anyone here, by chance, have answers???

1. Can you revoice MIDI files or are you stuck with GM voices on downloaded song files?

2. Can the (6) individual track volumes be changed after recording?

It's a beginner's Kb with some good features/sounds and a damn good price.
As far as I know it supports XG lite.
If you have XG works(freedown load on net),you surely can.
adjust volumes the patches,and fire a mid or XG file from your lap/desktop thru USB.

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 07-12-2006).]

#213618 - 07/12/06 12:02 PM Re: Questions re: PSR E403
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I've downloaded the manual from the Yamaha Manual Libarary and can't find anything to suggest that you can either auto-revoice midi files or edit song track volumes.

To revoice midi files I'd point you at Michael Bedesems excellent MidiPlayer program: http://www.svpworld.com/util_midiplayer.htm

The beauty of this program is that once set up you can convert files in bulk.

However I'd be surprised if the necessary parameters for the E403 are loaded in yet. Knowing Yamaha's long and (in)glorious history of not changing things unless they are broke I'd expect the voice list in the E403 to bear a great resemblance to a previous keyboard. The tricky question (and I can't answer this) is "which previous keyboard".

I think you can use Midiplayer to twiddle volumes but I prefer to use a sequencer program like Cakewalk.

As an aside, I find the availability of on-line Manuals very valuable (big cheers to Yamaha, Behringer, Alesis, Mackie).

Do the non-attendees of this list (especially Roland and Korg, sorry if I'm wrong) appreciate that not being able to browse detailed user information online is a disincentive for potential purchasers?

#213619 - 07/14/06 04:52 AM Re: Questions re: PSR E403
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Yes, I agree that online manuals allow one to make a much more intelligent decision on which kbd to purchase. I have downloaded the E403 manual and find it very informative. (As much as I love Roland products, they seem to be out of touch with reality when it comes to the consumer - ie: sales distribution, marketing, information availability and price points to name a few)

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online