SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213076 - 08/31/02 02:31 PM Powered Speaker Prices are Dropping
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
The powered speaker prices are dropping. I am ready to purchase a set. I will be performing a duo act. PSR2000 and female vocalist.

The JBL EON 15 powered speakers are selling for around $399.

The EVSxA100 are currently selling for $349.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with both systems. I am leaning towards the JBL's with a 15" speaker, however everyone has had good reviews for the EV's.

Since price is about the same , which is the better setup?

Regards,

Jerry

#213077 - 08/31/02 09:48 PM Re: Powered Speaker Prices are Dropping
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Where are the EV's selling for that price?

Scott Langholff

#213078 - 09/01/02 05:38 AM Re: Powered Speaker Prices are Dropping
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Are you sure of the price cause it's way down to cheap!!!! I would go for EV's I have them not the powered one, but I tell you they wont let you down....And check about the price cause I think you are mistaken....

#213079 - 09/01/02 10:21 AM Re: Powered Speaker Prices are Dropping
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
$349 for the SxA100's? ! Yes, this sounds like too fantastic of a deal to believe. Please tell us WHERE you see them this cheap.

I too had considered both choices, but purchased the slightly 'lighter weight' 43 lb ea SXA100's (vs 46 lbs for JBL Eon 15) because, in addition to its smooth frequency response, its ergonomic shape (with easys to caryy built in handle), size, and better weight distribution make it considerably easier to transport. The only thing I need to point out is that the SXA100's produce a very slight hiss, but is not actually noticeable unless you are within a couple of feet of the speakers when the room dead quiet. This has NEVER posed a problem for for me when performing. I'm still very happy with my EV SxA100 and Yamaha PSR2000 arranger kb gig setup. : A truly lightweight and portable (quick/easy setup/breakdown) system. - Scott

#213080 - 09/01/02 10:46 AM Re: Powered Speaker Prices are Dropping
Jerryghr Offline

Thanks for the input.

The price is correct. I just received the latest Guitar Center flyer. They are dropping the EV line of products. I went to the local store and they sold out. (8 units).Musicians friend would not match, due to being a closeout. (The selling price is below their cost.) I'm going to see if GC will ship from another location.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 09-01-2002).]

#213081 - 09/01/02 11:52 AM Re: Powered Speaker Prices are Dropping
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I don't know if I understand this. I have been told by guys in the business that Guitar Center and Musicians Friend are in fact one in the same. Anybody else know aboout this?

Scott Langholff

#213082 - 09/01/02 02:06 PM Re: Powered Speaker Prices are Dropping
Jerryghr Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Hello

I don't know if I understand this. I have been told by guys in the business that Guitar Center and Musicians Friend are in fact one in the same. Anybody else know aboout this?

Scott Langholff

I asked the salesman at GC, and he said they are not the same. They use Musicians friend to sell on the internet, as a third party.

Jerry

#213083 - 09/01/02 02:57 PM Re: Powered Speaker Prices are Dropping
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Musicians Friend is owned by Guitar Center. Guitar Center bought them out several years ago. That is why if you buy from Musicians friend and there is a Guitar Center in your state, you still have to pay sales tax, because the Guitar Center Corporation owns both!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#213084 - 09/01/02 03:08 PM Re: Powered Speaker Prices are Dropping
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
I just heard in person the Barbetta Sona Se32 at Donny Pesce's Dance club last Thursday and these little "giants" really cook.
I am in the market for a new PA myself and these "puppies" will more than fill the bill for me at "any" price (within reason of course). See the Rave Reviews: http://www.barbetta.com/Live/Sona_32/sona_32.html
Mario

#213085 - 09/01/02 05:16 PM Re: Powered Speaker Prices are Dropping
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
musicians friend will NOT match price with Guitar Center and they were very rude when I asked them about the corporate connection. I have no reason to give them any more of my business,as there are many other places with good prices AND a better attitude! I have gotten cranky enough about poor service to the point that I do not care how low the price is if I am going to be treated like # ^@ !&, and this is in all areas of life,from gas to groceries . Treat me with respect or you DON'T get my money---period!
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill E (edited 09-01-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online