SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#212888 - 10/12/03 06:12 AM To Nina, concerning aardvark and audigy
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Hello Nina,

In behalf of everybody in synthzone, welcome to our family of musicians. We are looking forward to your contributions in this forum.

here is what I understood.

For some reason, you want to use the newer sound card with the sound fonts that came from audigy. That leads to two logical points:

1) If the purpose is to use the sound fonts that come from Audigy, why even bother with the newer sound card? Do you have double purpose for the DAW?

2) However, if you want the newer sound card, then clearly, I would drop the audigy completely. In fact, I will take it out the computer.

Here is my strong recommendation:

1) Take out the Audigy card.
2) Use Nuendo
3) Use VSTi (VST-instrument)
4) Forget about sound fonts.

So my strong suggestion is to actually lauch Nuendo

And make sure you get Nuendo2. Have you upgraded? It is even more beautiful than older Nuendo. N2.1 is coming next week and it is even better.

Quote:
Originally posted by nina:
Hi everyone,

I'm new here at this board.
And registred after reading all this posts.
My question is the following..
I have a DAW station, and recently added an aardvark LX6pro audiocard (really good low latency but no sounds onboard). I couldn't make it work together with my old audigy, so I putted this one into my other internet pc.
I used to play midifiles (xg/gs/gm) with vanbasco together with a good soundfont. And playing live guitar, keyboard and singing. Worked fantastic. No need for launching nuendo. But I can't do this anymore.. No more access straight to soundfonts :-(
I use winXP Pro. After reading these posts, I think a combination of MidiYoke NT, Vanbasco, Livesynth Pro, Brainspawn forte will simulate what I did before with only the audigy..
I can order brainspawn via the net, but can not find Livesynth pro anywhere. Is the support of this program finished? Or does anybody knows where I can order this?
If I understand right, is it possible to select the BS Forte inside VanBasco?

Thanks for answers in advance, regards, Nina

#212889 - 10/13/03 02:25 AM Re: To Nina, concerning aardvark and audigy
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
If I may throw in some thoughts..

Soundfonts are a Creative Labs innovation and so are intimately linked with the Audigy and previous creative soundcards.

Therefore to play SoundFonts, the easiest way is to use the Audigy... but if this doenst co-exist with the Aadvark then you may be between a rock and a hard place.

Theres an interesting interview about soundfonds here: http://www.soundfont.com/guzewicz.html
which suggests the possibiloty of third-party software synths that could use SoundFonts.

Thinking about it, commercial sample playback software might do the job e.g. http://www.guitar-zone.com/keyboards/s/Samplers_Playback_software/BitHeadz_Unity_Sessi_704136.htm

This also looks interesting: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/bs1_win/

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online